[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see one so here it is. Post routines, ask for and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1458495613280.png (275 KB, 586x586) Image search: [Google]
1458495613280.png
275 KB, 586x586
Didn't see one so here it is. Post routines, ask for and give others advice etc etc
>>
Oh good I've been waiting for something like this.

I've been lifting for about 2 months and here's my current routine.
5x5 deadlifts, 5x5 squats, 5x5 bench press, 5x5 barbell curl, 5x5 shoulder press, 5x10 crunches, 5x40sec planks, 5x8 bench dips, and 5x5 of those side crunches where you hold a weight.

Am I doing too much? I work out one day then rest the next.
>>
ABCABCx

A: Chest/Back

Incline DP BP 4x12
Pulldowns 4x12

DB BP 3x12
superset with
Bent over DB row 3x12

Flies 3x12
Superset with
Seated cable row 3x15

Close grip pulldown 3xF
Superset with
T bar row 3xF

B: Lats/Shoulders/Arms

Military press 3x12
Front raise (DB) 3x12
Lat raises 3x12
Front raise (plate) 3x12

Curls 3x12
Superset with
Skullcrushers 3x12

Concentration curl 3x12
Superset with
French press 3x12

C: Legs

Squats 3x12
Stiff legged deadlifts 3x15
Calf raises 3x12
Leg curls 3x12
>>
>>36501111
Nice quads

Are you doing all of these on each day?
>>
>>36501123
Yes. Is it too much? If so, how should they be spread out?
>>
>>36501111
>5x5 is way too much volume for deadlifts
>Shoulder press and bench press on same day means progression for one is going to suffer
>Why not do actual dips?
>5x5 oblique isolation is unnecessary
It's just a very odd routine. Why not just do Stronglifts and add dips/chin-ups. You clearly aren't experienced enough to be designing your own program and SL is way more balanced than your program and will result in far better progression
>>
>>36501119
If you're going to do a 3 day split why not PPL instead?
>>
>>36501168
I've only being doin this shit for 2 months, anon. Not like I'm an expert. I figured it prolly wasn't a very good routine so here I am. Thanks for the advice tho senpai desu
>>
Just a slightly modified Starting Strength (SS) with accessories, what do you guys think?

Beginner obviously.
>>
What happened to Trappy? Haven't seen her for weeks
>>
>>36501180
I ran PPL for a while and didn't like the results. I made this modified split and I'm seeing much better gainz
>>
File: image.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 547x465
I started Icecream fitness about a month ago and here are my 5rm
Squat 95lb-150lb
Bench 95lb-140lb
OHP 75lb-95lb
Row 85lb-115lb
Deadlift 135lb-215lb

But all of my lifts are getting really heavy for 5x5 and I failed on the fifth set for my Bench,Squat, and OHP. I've decided instead of deloading
(It's too early and workouts are long)
I'd just switch to Pic related. What's your thoughts on my situation and Greyskull lp and also how could I add curls and close grip bench?
>>
File: 1430074474415.jpg (776 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430074474415.jpg
776 KB, 1920x1080
>>36501057
smolov jr:
Bench
OHP
Pendelay row
Increase max by 5 pounds after each cycle, do not max.
Running:
10km per day
24 miles straight at least once per month
Calisthenics:
5 sets push
5 sets sit
5 sets pull
Increase rep count by 5 per week on push and sit, 1 on pull

Swimming:
2hrs per day, session varying by day.
EXAMPLE (keep intervals reasonable)
500 SKIDS warm up
8x 25 no breath
12x 100 alternate free side breast
5x50 sprint
500 sidestroke smooth
2x50 underwater breast
300 free cooldown
Dive a bit

Brain gains
Learn language continuously, 2 at a time. No reason not to, and it is easy and useful. Do not learn more than 2 at a time for confusion prevention.
Learn an instrument. Guitar counts as long as its not just strumming and singing.
Read 30 min per night.

>>36501111
Up the reps on isolation lifts. dont do crunches, thats not going to get you abs bud. Volume looks fine.
>>36501119
lats and back are the same thing. Use the same exercises but make it Back/bis chest/tris shoulders/legs.
>>
>>36501296

Thanks bro. Other than that, the exercises and sets look good?
I kinda like hitting chest/back rather than chest/tris. When I did that my tris would still be sore as hell on back/bi day
>>
>>36501396
Thats the point. work Muscle groups together. Your chest and tris work together to push. Back and bis work together to pull. Train them together and get the maximum results.
>>
File: Capturre.png (10 KB, 260x365) Image search: [Google]
Capturre.png
10 KB, 260x365
Thoughts? Still pretty new.

Stats for each set are:
DL - 155
Squat - 165
Bench Press - 135
Overhead Press - 80
>>
>>36501268
Its a good program. Made good gains off of it. You could add curls and skullcrushers on either day but it isnt necessary. Just run it for 3 months and watch the gains flow
>>
>>36501453
your deadlift seems oddly low compared to the rest of your lifts
>>
>>36501057
Monday
Bench 5/3/1 schedule
Close grip weighted chin ups 3x7
Incline bench 3x7-10
Dumbbell kickbacks 3x10-12
Hammer curls 3x10-12

Wednesday
Low bar 5x5
Calf raises 3x12
planks

Friday
OHP 5/3/1
Weighted pullups 5x5
dumbbell shoulder press 3x12
barbell curls 3x7-10
lateral raises
1-2 set's of a tricep exercise that hits the long head, elbows hurt like fuck and have I to stop

Saturday
Deadlift 5/3/1
Front squat 3x5
calf raises 3x12
planking
>>
The only gym to which I have access is all machines. Should I suck it up and use the machines, or should I do bodyweight stuff?
>>
Obligatory routine threads are mostly fucking stupid. There's no way to judge the suitability of a routine without knowing more about the trainee, the least of which should be the inclusion of goals and current lifts. Furthermore, 'fucking read SS and do it' is solid advice for 95% of people who post in these threads.

>>36501192
Do bench press between squats and deads to give yourself a little break
I would say shrugs are unnecessary

You're best off reading SS if you actually want to milk LP and get strong. Most of the book is just technique advice, like, the vast majority of it

>>36501197
Was just wondering this, not that I particularly care

>>36501268
ICF is shit
Just go ahead and switch, it's not a bad routine. Simple is better for beginners.
Just pick a day to add CGBP and pick the other day to add curls, not that big a deal.
I would pair bench press with close grip bench and chinup, and OHP with rows and curls. But it doesn't matter much.

>>36501453
Terrible
Don't try to make your own routine

>inb4 hurr durr what's wrong with it
If you insist on doing all these exercises, do this instead

A
Squat
Bench
Rows
Dips
Flies
More rows
Calves

B
Squat
Press
Deads
Pullups
Leg curls
Curls

Still, your technique is shit, your stats make no sense, the routine is not great, especially if you have no knowledge on the basis of the template.

>>36502683
Go to a real gym
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.