[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ketosis and 2100 cal diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 10%.jpg (83 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
10%.jpg
83 KB, 1109x614
Hey /fit/, I'm starting a ketosis diet with moderate exercise for the goal of losing weight and inches. My goal is to become more toned with around 10% body fat, but I also want to get a little stronger. I know cutting and working out for the purpose of getting ripped or some shit crazy like doubling your bench is dumb. But I have very average muscles and want to get at least somewhat stronger and muscley.

I'm moderately active working 40-70 hours a week and walking for 8+ most days, as well as fitting in about 4-5 days a week at the gym for 30-45 minutes working out different muscle groups.

My point being is I'm wondering if anybody has done or is doing ketosis and what their result has been. As well if there was any general tips for diets (like good foods for low carb high fat) or their meal plans they followed as well as maybe certain workouts they did for their goal.

I'm essentially a noob when it comes to fitness so I apologize for the newfag alert :P
>>
I've lost 45 pounds since October doing keto. Keto does two things for you:

1. Helps you curb your cravings so that you can eat at a calorie deficit and not be fucking starving all the time. Many people report not even needing to count calories, they just eat until they feel "full" and end up at a deficit anyway.

2. Breaks your sugar addiction. You are literally, chemically addicted to sugar, much like you might be addicted to caffeine or nicotine. It's sugar, more than anything else, which makes us fat. If you look at obesity trends in the US, they coincide nicely with companies starting to put sugar in every goddamn thing.

As far as WHAT to eat, basically if it's not meat, cheese, egg, vegetables (mostly green... no potatoes), some nuts (e.g. almonds) or water, it does not belong in your mouth, period. ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING SUGAR!! Learn to read labels. If it has more than, seriously, like 1 or 2 grams of sugar in it, put that shit back.

After a couple months, after you're over your sugar addiction, then you can start slowly adding "good" carbs back into your diet. Oats, rice, etc. No sugar of course. And if you're like most people, you'll find that you don't even really WANT sugar anymore.

Don't stress too much about adding strength/muscle at this point. You should still lift, of course, just to maintain what you've got and not LOSE any strength/muscle, but your gains will be pretty limited, to be honest.
>>
>>36500213
So I've been keeping track of my macro-nutrients for the past 2 days since I've started and yesterday I was at 50g of carbs (I didn't split it between fibers and sugars though, just the carbs from eggs and veggies and cheese as well as the only significant sugar was from 2 activia yogurt cups which gave me 28g of carbs (22 of which were sugars)) as well as today I've had about 15-30 carbs (nothing with sugar except some cranbarries, I haven't totaled everything today) so would you say with this trend my second day would lead to a more successful time with keto or would having a day like my first day suffice to make me produce ketones and lose weight in that regard? (Sorry for the long reply and reply time I'm trying to learn as much as I can haha) Thanks for the great info though!
>>
File: 1426525842705.jpg (115 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1426525842705.jpg
115 KB, 612x612
>>36499698
I used keto twice with the most recent time being to cut for 2 months last winter - I ended up losing about 10 lbs in the span of 2 months while doing a push pull legs routine and running after working out.

My lifts definitely suffered and I noticed that I didn't have the explosive energy that I used to have in my workouts however that could have been the result of the volume of training that I was doing in addition to the cardio. For reference I went from 225 Lbs on a 6'2 frame to 215Lbs while eating about 1900 cal a day.

Personally I'm not a fan of keto because of how restrictive it is in terms of what I can and can't eat and I ended up going on a high carb diet after those two months. Personally I don't think keto is a meme however it isn't something I can see myself committing to as a lifestyle, thats not to say it doesn't work wonders for some people.

Check out r/keto for info, a lot of the posts on there are somewhat...... evangelistic however there's some really good info in the stickies. Best of luck OP!
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 200x300
Read this
>>
>>36499698
30kg in three months, not a single day of working out. I wouksn't recommend working out for the first month until your body adjusted to the new lifestyle.
people tend to get cranky.

i ate on 1000kcal deficit, one meal a day and walked for hour a day. also meditated alot.
no gains whatsoever, but from 115 to 80kg. managed to maintain the weight.
this was 4 years ago.
>>
>>36500213

>2. Breaks your sugar addiction.

And replaces it with a fat addiction.
>>
>>36503414
nice troll there.
fat aint as tasty.
>>
Your lifts will suffer because no carb. This happened to me on IF. I've done a 50/30/20 protein/carb/fat diet at 1500 kcal a day and gotten down close to 12% BF. Keto might be for you, or it might not. You have to remember it was developed in the early 1900's for people with epilepsy. Is it necessarily better for burning fat? No. Read the sticky. Any caloric deficit is good for burning fat. If your goal is to preserve the most muscle while on a cut, make sure you get plenty of protein
>>
>>36503430
why do you think americans are addicted to fried foods re-re
>>
>>36503536
because they fry it with grinded up corn or whatever that thing is called. stop bullshiting and go make it.
>>
>>36503572
You're so fucking stupid. Is your brain getting enough glucose? If frying didn't taste good why the fuck would Americans be doing it all the time.
>>
File: alde4.jpg (25 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
alde4.jpg
25 KB, 480x359
5'9 295

Keto vs psmf? i've been fasting for over 2 months (psmf only for the last 2 weeks) and i was able to lose 11lbs in my first 2 weeks.

I find psmf easier because of how easy it is to eat large ammounts of lean protein and veggies. I've heard that Keto is slower but easier, but i'm already well adapted to psmf.

worth?
>>
>>36503580
i can see you are far from rural areas, but if you find yourself in some farmers market try to buy a bucket of lard or fat. get a spoon. enjoy.
you really won't enjoy it as you enjoy carbs. far from it.

ever been on ketosis?

some days all you need to keep going is one meal or just plain coffee.
>>
>>36503611
Why don't you buy a bag of sugar and eat a big ass scoop of it and tell me how delicious it is.
>>
>>36503624
both are no no to me, but give it to an american.
they already drink like 15spoons of it a day
>>
>>36499698
imo, the anabolic diet is my favourite form of keto. its has carb loading days which is a blessing for people like that love carbs. It also is has a section on a clean bulk which is useful.
>>
>>36499698
Keto does literally nothing good that a normal deficit doesn't.
>>
>>36503624
>>36503700
I've done both before. I enjoy the sugar much more. Lard just tastes like the sweat from a fat woman.
>>
>>36504317
Fat women also enjoy sugar more, cuck.
>>
can anyone explain how keto is better than just eating at a deficit?
>>
>>36503756
this

particularly if you are lifting. keto will work but no carbs at all is not as good. the anabolic diet is a slight variation of vince gironda's (the father of modern bodybuilding, before steroids) maximum definition diet

but you had to lift while doing it
>>
>>36505323
i'll give it a shot

read vince gironda's book "unleashing the wild physique"

in short, keto as a way of life is not really better than a deficit. you can run into long term issues. cyclical keto like gironda's maximum definition diet and the anabolic diet manipulate your body's hormones in a beneficial and natural way.

for example, the anabolic diet, you do keto during the week (I eat a a deficit too) then on the weekends you can eat carbs and eat a surplus. what this does is allow for your body to burn fat for the majority of the week, but then over the weekend you can "re feed" which allows your body to stay in an anabolic state, gaining muscle.

so the anabolic diet (or any cyclical keto diet) is better than a deficit because your body remains in an anabolic, muscle buildng state as opposed to on a deficit you are on a catabolic, or mass loosing state.

furhtermore, during a deficit you usually will break down both fat AND muscle. but in keto you only burn fat and if you re feed on the weekends when you eat carbs you build muscle.

theres a reason the pros like gironda ate that way. if you want to learn more read his book
>>
>>36505491
>you do keto during the week (I eat a a deficit too) then on the weekends

That's a meme seeing how it takes 1-2 weeks to go into ketosis for most people.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.