[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We don't like admitting it, but squatting heavy is not safe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1429798424987.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2248) Image search: [Google]
1429798424987.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2248
We don't like admitting it, but squatting heavy is not safe. Squats and deadlifts are the two top exercises leading to injuries. Most of the cases they lead to back injuries, which are very hard to fully recover from. A lot of the times, you will never get as healthy as before.

So I was wondering: since I still want to squat and deadlift, would finding a safe mark and work volume after that be effective fighting injuries?

Example: Squat. Let's be serious here, unless you are an olympic athlete you don't need to squat more than your bodyweight. So what if a beginner works a 3x5 to reach his body weight and then switch to 4x8? He would still progressing but he would not mutilate his back for, dare I say it, just ego lifting.
>>
can any of you eurofags explain what the shit is in that pizza box
>>
Jesus christ you people are fucking retarded.

A squat or deadlift not performed properly isn't anymore dangerous than performing a fucking brocep curl or brobench incorrectly.

Just because you fucking lazy cunts can't learn how to perform a lift properly doesn't mean the lift is fucking dangerous. You do realize how many gym bros who are scared of squats and deads (because they're too retarded to learn proper technique/form) have actually fucked up their shit with bicep tears and pec tears and shoulder dislocations from benching like a retard for years on end?

Just fuck off with X or Y lift is dangerous, EVERYTHING is fucking dangerous if done incorrectly.
>>
>>34521202
i thought the same thing OP

i'm doing 3x5 DL, until i hit 3pl8 and 3x8 squat until i hit 2pl8, and then going to maintain at those weights
>>
File: 268.jpg (20 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
20 KB, 329x399
>>34521202
>>
>>34521239
well following your post you would say that there are more people curling and benching than the ones squatting and deadlifting. which is true. but when you look at the injuries...squats and deadlifts always lead. of course, they are hard to learn properly, but come on, is EVERYONE retarded? even on this board which is made for spergs who have nothing to do and read rippetoe books and watch form checks everyday. you can't deny squats and deadlifts, after some point, become dangerous and keeping adding up weight is basically irresponsible
>>
>>34521264
People are stupid, they rush into things, they refuse to learn properly, they end up injuring themselves.

Are you stupid?

Do you rush into things?

Do you let your ego control your decisions?

Do you refuse to learn how to do something properly?

If you answer yes to the above 4 things, you probably shouldn't be lifting.
>>
>>34521212
That is the delicious Scottish delicacy the "Munchies Box". Heart attack in a box.
>>
>>34521212
Kebab meat is the dark stuff on the right, the bright red stuff is tandoori chicken, the brown chunks closest to the camera are pakoras. The rest are chips.
>>
>>34521264
I train at a powerlifting club full of people of all ages. Squats and deads aren't widow-makers, at least if you do them properly.

If we're talking about safe weights then I can tell you that those squatting between 3 and 5 plates rarely suffer any kind of pain. If they do it's minor strains. The real danger seems to lie among the equipped lifters squatting between 300-350 kg. They sometimes have more serious injuries.
>>
It comes down to this in my eyes: train for your goals. If you're an athlete - yes do squats and deadlifts. If you just wanna get in slightly better shape but don't care about min/maxing your workouts and spending time on form, fucking skip squats/deads. Just use machines. Unless you're going to push your body into rigorous fullbody movements for some other reason besides lifting you can train all your muscles in very easy/safe/thoughtless ways and still get the results you'd want as a casual.

However, I'll be in the corner over here doing my squats and getting my core/lower chain jacked as fuck.
>>
>>34521427

There is nothing safe about machines. They're actually detrimental for you in the long run, you're adding muscle to your frame without training any stabilization of the muscle/joint.

Barbells and Dumbbells will train and build upon everything in the body, machines do not.

Train with only machines and you'll end up with large muscles on a frame that is supported by completely and utterly untrained stabilizers, being like this greatly increases your chance of joint and muscular strains and pains just from the fact you've built up muscle on a frame that doesn't have the supporting base built up.

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand :(
>>
It's only dangerous if you have no clue what you're doing and your form is shit.

So ya, you're right. It's dangerous for 95% of the gym going population
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.