[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did my first day of SL today, /fit/. I enjoyed it and can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: barbell-row[1].jpg (53 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
barbell-row[1].jpg
53 KB, 550x367
Did my first day of SL today, /fit/. I enjoyed it and can't wait for my next workout on Wednesday.

The only problem I had was with the barbell rows. How the fuck do you do this shit?

I tried to copy Mehdhi, and his videos the weights touch the ground, yet the 5 pound weights at my gym are small, so I couldn't touch the ground with them, and did something like pic related. I guess my question is, is this fine? And any tips for this shit?

Looking up to research this it seems like Medhi does penndely rows?
>>
Yeah he does pendlays, stack plates to sit the bar on until you have 45 on each side
>>
Yeah, he recommends Pendlay Rows.

This video helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weu9HMHdiDA

The guy is a bit of a douche, but I find his instructional videos great.

You probably will have trouble touching the floor with baby-weight if your arms aren't stupidly long, but don't worry - if you're adding weight each workout as you're supposed to, you'll soon be using bigger plates.

Don't worry either - the bb row is a right fucking pain in the ass to get right at first. It's an odd movement that a human doesn't normally do.
>>
>>36473301
You could do dumbbell rows if you're using so little weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iigix2yTxxY
>>
SL is a worse version of SS. just do SS
>>
>>36473301
As you discovered, you need bumper pates in order to hit the floor. These usually start at 10lb
Until then just try to estimate how low the bar should go. Once you are using bumpers you should make sure they touch the floor
>>
>>36473391
This OP, the whole point of doing them off the floor is to achieve the maximum range of motion possible. As long as you are achieving it with your sub 1plate rows you will be fine
>>
>>36473366
This.
>>
>>36473366
>>36473448
>doing SS or SL

It's like you hate your upper body.
>>
>>36473467

How fucking retarded are you?

I guarantee you I'm stronger than you. My route to awesomeness went like this:

Starting Strength > Texas Method > 5/3/1
>>
>>36473366

SL is good as fuck, I dropped to 5x3 when the workload got too much tho
>>
>>36473301

SL is so fucking retarded. You fell for the Mehdi meme.
>>
>>36473467
what do you recommend then? The typical split?
Enjoy looking the same forever
>>
>>36473500
>>36473511
Rip routines have the right idea. I just reduced squats to twice a week an added some more pressing.
>>
>>36473554
But you're already pressing 3 times a week?

You basically do Legs, Push, Pull 3 times a week. Why only do legs twice and push four times?
>>
>>36473554
So you willingly are letting your legs fall behind in strength?
Why not just do the damn routine and add some upper body volume at the end of workouts if you are so worried about LOL HUEG LEGS
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.