[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Med-brahs who lift get in here!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: PhotoGrid_1458549637808.jpg (1 MB, 2302x4096) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1458549637808.jpg
1 MB, 2302x4096
Share internship / residency stories!

>syd uni med sci
>oh god its useless
>continued to med
>family problem so I had to go back to third world country (international student)
>currently interning in wellness clinic that focuses on weightloss and simple rehab for expatriates.

Im not that strong, but I was squatting lmao2.5 plate atg and this guy tried to tell me that it was shit for muh knees.

He pretty much shut up once I told him I did Med Sci.

Thinking of going to California for some kind of short course relevant in this field.

Any suggestions brahs?
>>
>dentalfag
>surgery class
>doc tells petite qt to extract a tooth
>her arms are toothpicks
>has trouble
>"you need a bit more muscle, try harder"
>"anon, show her how it's done"
>grasp it firmly and rotate, tooth went out
>everyone myrone

For the record i fucked her after a few times
>>
>>36466254
Just finished my first 3 years of med school in sweden, unless i want to move to bumfuck nowhere theres a 12 month wait list for residency, and since i have a GF and an apartment i don't really feel like moving into the boondocks.
Thinking about studying abroad instead, have gotten an offer at some hospital in adelaide australia, and one in santa barbra CA.
But im afraid of taking that step, since that would mean i probably have to break up with GF etc.
>>
>first term
>everyone's a chad
>tfw the class weird kid
Still making gains tho
>>
>>36466254
>go to unsw
>studying commerce/economics
>shredded/roiding
>fuck different asian chicks every fortnight
>lol@ med sci geeks/it phags/virgins try
>>
>>36466555
Dubtrips checked.

>second year pharma
>only one other guy besides me
>he is named Rahul and is almost round.
>me 2nd year of lifting making decent gains
>class full of qts mirin
>pretty much fucked half of the class now
>still no gf
why bother
>>
>consciousness studies
>constantly experiment with shitloads of substances while working out

many HOOOLLYYY FUUUAAAARRRRRKKS have been had
>>
>>36466539
Good job anon
>>
>>36466540
as someone who has lived in adelaide and sweden. and has some familiarity with med stuff.

you should check out adelaide, its not bad. somewhat small though.
>>
>>36466591
I wish I could be like you
>tfw intimacy issues
>have had girls come on to me
>can't do anything sex related without freaking out
JUST
>>
>>36466254
>UTAS
Just...
>>
>>36466254
fucking sydney uni cunt enjoy your sky high property and rent prices and full fee paying you fucking immigrant
>>
>>36466572
Living the life brother

Not med but do OT, in honours, went through a phase of fucking a lot of Asians and it was pretty gr8 I'm going to miss uni

Lmao when I'm 5'10 9-10% BF 72kg
>>
>>36466619
Elaborate?
>>
>>36466539
The doc was pretty much your wingman dude. Good job.

>>36466540
Your gf should understand if this is something you really want. If you go and she bails, well... plenty of girls in either of those choices amirite
>>
File: 1455721328518.jpg (73 KB, 465x720) Image search: [Google]
1455721328518.jpg
73 KB, 465x720
Decides to throw what was suposse to be an unforgettable year year to the army
> internship
> mexican army
> being yelled and insulted 24/7
> since the army want to give a better face to the public and show themselves more tolerants and progressives
> women get more free days , if sick can go home and skip the day , no night shifts if they use the correct words
> had 2 wisdom teeth removed and had to show the next day to get my recovery days
> has gained 8kg
> more depressed and agressive than ever before
> everyone else is taking pics and enjoying their internship
Fucking progressives and sjw
>>
>>36466254
>>36466540
Tell me what you want to do and I will use my rain man esque knowledge to tell you where to go.
>>
>>36466619
Ayahuasca?

>Lifted after taking lsd.

It was nearing the end of the trip and as I was benching lmao1pl8, I kept staring at the lights on the gym ceiling till I got exhausted.

Roll of shamed the bar down then left the gym.
>>
>>36466810
>uws

Umad?
>>
File: images (78).jpg (22 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
images (78).jpg
22 KB, 429x343
>>36468029
Pretty much two options.

Continue with doctors of physical therapy which is the the longer + expensive route.

Or I can just take some short courses on nutrition and weight loss then start a "health" clinic back in muhthirdworld country.

Thanks btw.

What do you think?

Shit I even thought of going to wichita falls to learn from the man himself
>>
>>36468072
>Continue with doctors of physical therapy which is the the longer + expensive route.
>Or I can just take some short courses on nutrition and weight loss then start a "health" clinic back in muhthirdworld country.
Do both. If there is a demand for that in your country you'll get a massive case load (that may be becoming more important in general) and business experience. This can open a lot of doors for you. I can't tell you either way tho whether the education is worth it, physical therapy seems to be flooded atm but not with quality
>>
>>36466540
>adelaide australia

You just said you don't want to go to bumfuck nowhere
>>
>2nd year uni
>studying electrical engineering
>wanna go to med school
>started lifting at the end of last summer
>currently at a shitty internship where I get no work so I just watch netflix and shitpost on the chon

Yep that's about it
>>
>>36466254
>tfw dropped premed to study finance
>22 making $100k
>Still wish i stayed pre med. Bitches dont care if youre a banker. If you're a doctor they get wet cause mom and dad told them the "doctor or lawyer" thing since they were little kids.

Just so you medfags know, every time I hear someone say the phrase "doctor or lawyer" in ANY context, my reaction is always "why the fuck is banker not included with doctor or lawyer"
>>
>>36466254
>fifth year med school
>doing clerkships
>nobody really notices my gains while I'm wearing doctors coat, just looks bigger than average
>have surgery clerkship
>literally everyone is asking me what sports i do, how much I can lift, how much I weigh
>get compliments on my Ass from operating assistants

I don't like that kind of attention at all tho..I'm thinking about roiding next year but I already look pretty big in normie clothes and its kinda weird to be aesthetic when everyone around you is either skinny or small ottermode. So that's the main thing holding me back.

Gonna be a urologist or anesthesiologist probably later btw.
>>
File: FISH.png (809 KB, 823x724) Image search: [Google]
FISH.png
809 KB, 823x724
>Driftless in life, working at factory age 26
>Go through physical therapy as part of treatment for chronic pelvic pain (muh endometriosis)
>It actually helps a lot, PT is a woman in her 60s who had stage 4 endo, teaches me things about the human body, wellness, and life I was completely oblivious to
>I realize I want to be her when I grow up
>Apply to PTA school
>Get rejected

This was 3 years ago. I'm finishing my prereqs this semester and I've applied to PTA (physical therapist assistant) school again, I should get my acceptance/denial letter literally any day now.

I realize that I need to be fit AS FUCK if I want to be taken seriously. I'm poor as fuck and my weights are 1 liter water bottles/bands left over from my PT. I want to get fit and be strong so I can help others like I was helped. But first I gotta git gud myself.
>>
>>36468165
Thanks man.

I had difficulties applying for PT in USA since they required 30 hrs minimal volunteering experience in physical therapy clinics (which dont exist where I live). A cool dude hooked me up recently and I'll finally be able to rack up those hours.

>>36468208
All of my friends did renewable energy at Aus and I have to say their job is fun.

If you find it boring, what's stopping you from transferring to med?

>>36468208
Depends who you talk to.
Maybe it's because you're 22. So girls around your age wouldn't really care how much you make (yet)
>>
>>36468312
Since when does being a PTA require you to be fit .. being a PT is a decent but not really high level education. Being a PTA is just a really simple job.. if you get rejected its probably got more to do with your accomplishments as a person which judging from your post are lacking completely..
>>
>>36468218
Thats because they control the world
You dont hear people talk about JP morgan or Chase or Universal studios
they just know Disney and other shit
you guys are in the background raking a shit ton of money no one knows you exist besides yourselves
>>
>>36468284
Lol really?

Its not like you're being a douche about it. Normally when you look like you lift, people associate that with a lack of IQ but clearly thats not the situation in your case.

Stop giving a fuck about what other people think man. If you wanna be a fraud go for it. At least you'll know how to it with minimum/no side effects.

>>36468312
Mirin dedication bruh.
Keep applying and don't give up.

At the very least, get a pull up bar. You can get a decent physique from just pull ups.

Is poverty making it hard to get enough brotein?
>>
>Nursing student, final year
>It's fucking horrible really
>When I've completed my two year contract after education I'm quitting and investing all my resources into applying for med school in Hungary or Italy because it's damn near impossible to get accepted here (norway).
>>
File: meal prep heaven.jpg (571 KB, 1600x1078) Image search: [Google]
meal prep heaven.jpg
571 KB, 1600x1078
>>36468384
>Is poverty making it hard to get enough brotein?
Thankfully, no. I eat a lot of beans when meat isn't on sale. My place of employment closed in July and I haven't found work since. My unemployment has run out and it's getting tight, but I know the value of good nutrition. Thanks for the 'mirin, I'm not giving up.
>>
>be me
>3.7 Biomedical eng bachelor's
>getting masters because fuck growing up
>rushed to take old mcat jan 2015
>jan 2015 was also the end of a 4 year relationship for me, good timing
>study for a month get a 30 (same as my diagnostic, fuck) despite averaging ~36 on practice AAMCs
>jerk off in grad school this past year
>still haven't applied to med school

What should i do? I'm honestly a better MD PHD applicant due to 3 years of research, 4 publications (a 5th in review, first author), and less volunteering/clinical experience , but need to retake the [new] mcat to have any chance at all for an mstp program and don't have time to dedicate this semester since I'm a TA and in 5 classes.
>>
>>36468400
Don't give up, dude. I hope you don't have to move country, but if you can manage, it could be an incredible experience.

>>36468489
What's the problem with the new MCAT? Is it totally different from what you've been preparing for?
>>
>>36468489
30's not great, but its not shit either. If you look up student doctor forums, plenty of them got in with less than that. You haven't even tried applying right? There's your answer.

>>36468467
No worries and good luck m8.
>>
>>36468545

I have to move country. Medical education/university eduaction is judged on your HS grades here and there's no fixing it. At best I can retake some HS STEM courses and apply in a country that don't require HS GPA as an application requirement, just an admission test.
>>
>>36468400
If you're not good enough to get into med school you're probably not good enough to be a doctor...
>>
>>36468545
Biochem and psych/soc - hate biochem and haven't taken any psych/soc. I could maybe take it mid July but that would put me kind of late in the cycle.

Also have serious attention/discipline issues lately due to depression that has developed as a result of feeling aimless and end of last relationship mentioned in my other post. I think i need to talk to a therapist or something - brother has diagnosed bipolar and dad has dealt with depression for most of adulthood. Meanwhile I'm the golden child who's supposed to change the world and here i am going to grad school because i don't know wtf to do with my life.
>>
>>36468577
I hope you have some sort of support network. You can make it if you don't, it sounds like a scary thing to me. But I'm sheltered in America, I have no idea what the Italy or Hungary are like. Best of luck to you, whichever path you take. I'm sure you can do it, I just hope it's not a total struggle for you.
>>
>>36468609

I am good enough. I just wasn't good enough when I was 18. My HS grades are god awful but that was six years ago and I've grown a lot as a person and student.
>>
>>36468628

Yeah tons of Norwegians study in Hungary and Poland because it's so hard to get into medical school here.
>>
>>36468545
>>36468312
here
>>36468621
I've been through extensive therapy and I'd recommend it to anyone, even those who don't think they have a "problem" and especially those who do. There's nothing like talking to an objective professional in a private space. In addition to some CBT and EMDR, my therapist helped me to learn to use mindfulness meditation in my everyday life, and over a year after my last visit it's still having a huge impact on me that I wouldn't trade for anything. Check it out, find out if you can get it for free or for a reduced rate if you don't have insurance (there are databases for such community services online).
As far as the new MCAT stuff goes, I would talk to someone or read up on exactly what to expect. Can you only take it once every so often? Would there be any harm in just taking it, seeing what happened, and trying again later if need be?
>>
>>36468577

out of interest , how old are you chief?
>>
>>36468489

>jerk off in grad school
>don't have time to dedicate

Pick one. Honestly dude, if you really want to get into med school you'll sit the fuck down and take the new MCAT for a more competitive score. MD/PhD is competitive for a reason, competition is gonna be unforgiving because it's pretty much the only guaranteed free ride in med school apart from signing your life away for lolArmy residencies.

Also don't listen to >>36468566, there's no point in applying as a litmus test because if your application isn't 100%, you won't get interviews/acceptances anyway and your next application will be regarded as a reapplicant so you're put under even more scrutiny. Get it right the first time.

Source: MS2
>>
>>36468822
>>
>>36469106

ok, you got plenty of time
>>
File: 1457383100832.gif (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457383100832.gif
24 KB, 200x200
>>36468284
LEAVE
HUMANITY
BEHIND
>>
any advice/tips for acing the step 1?
>>
>physiotherapy
>lift weights and massage asses
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.