[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huge weights low reps like mentzer or low weights and high reps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 300x294
Huge weights low reps like mentzer or low weights and high reps like arnold?
>>
high weight high reps fuc boi.
>>
>>36428015
Low reps for natty.

Pump chasing for roids.

The best is to do your first two sets at 4-6 rep to get a strength response, then back down to 10 reps for a set or two (auto regulation, motherfucker) for higher training volume (and thus more hypertrophy)

You should really focus on strength progression before you worry about growth.

The man who benches 225 x 10 will alway have a bigger chest than the guy who starts doing 155x10, and can never increase the weight because his high reps train endurance not strength.

Progressive overload is what matters above all else, and it is easiest to achieve that by adding weight. Adding weight is easiest to achieve if you train for strength (low rep)
>>
>>36428015
>implying Arnold lifted light
>500lb bench
>700lb dealift
>>
fuark mentzer was a joocy manlet

miron
>>
>>36428015
I've been doing the Arnold Blueprint, high reps, low weight, and i've gotten crazy good results from it. It might just be the fact that I moved from a 3 day routine to a 6, but damn I've packed on a lot of muscle.
>>
>>36428260
Lol no
>>
File: arnold-deadlifting.jpg (47 KB, 400x353) Image search: [Google]
arnold-deadlifting.jpg
47 KB, 400x353
>>36428751
>>
>>
>>
>>36428066
I think this is the best advice. All the sociopaths on here try to mock like it's some damn "may-may", but the best way to get big without roids is to get strong, then blow up the volume and time under tension.
>>
Arnold was way stronger than Mentzer. Mentzer's "Heavy Duty" program was never about heavy weights, it used moderate weight for 1-2 sets to absolute failure with forced reps. What we now know through modern research to not work nearly as well as higher volume programs. Mentzer was a meth-addict wacko, a lot of his ideas were wrong.
>>
File: squat1.jpg (34 KB, 363x338) Image search: [Google]
squat1.jpg
34 KB, 363x338
>>36428751
Lol yes. Arnold recommends having at least 1 day a week where you lift powerlifting style to get denser muscles.
>>
omg

medium weight medium rep

with an occasional high weight/low rep low weight/high rep set for shits and giggles
>>
>>36428015
Mentzer never lifted huge weights, Arnold lifted heavier. Get it straight kid. Mentzer = medium weight, very low volume Arnold = heavy weight, high reps, lots of volume.
>>
you should've asked
>Huge amounts of test, deca, masterone, dbol and primo like Mentzer or huge amounts of test, deca, masterone, dbol and primo like Arnold?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.