[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the rammifications of drinking a big ass cup of diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Image3.jpg (33 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Image3.jpg
33 KB, 720x404
What are the rammifications of drinking a big ass cup of diet coke a day, other than weight gain?

I have cut out 96% of the sugar I eat in my diet, but I'm still addicted to mother caffeine, and I'm wondering if it's fucking me over more than it's helping.

If I were to quit soda completely, how long would it be to undo the damage it has done to my body/brain as well?
>>
>diet coke
>weight gain
NO!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, diet sodas or caffeine don't make you fat. You could drink a gallon of 0 calorie soda and you wouldn't gain any weight at all, other than the weight you get temporarily "gain" from physically having the soda in you.

There's some anecdotes from people claiming it makes them hungrier, but no studies have actually shown a link between diet soda and appetite.

This page has a lot of good, sourced material on this topic:
https://examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
tl;dr, diet soda is not the devil. Drinking it can actually benefit you a lot, if for example you choose diet coke over regular coke, or you drink a glass of diet soda instead of eating a chocolate bar.
>>
Dunno. Doesn't soda have a bunch of sodium? Probably changes water retention.
>>
>>36403220
Not all diet sodas have a lot of sodium, but a fair few do. Even the ones that lack sodium can cause water retention, but it's not permanent so not much of an issue imo.
>>
>diet soda
>weight gain

'no'
>>
>>36403206
>diet sodas don't make you fat

Plenty of studies conclude that near zero glycemic index sweeteners still induce an insulin response in reaction to the sweet taste, the body prepares for an influx of sugar, which will result in weight gain in a majority of cases.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/32/12/2184.full
>>
>>36403206
What about caffeine? And carbonation?
>>
Just get some caffeine pills/tablets
>>
>>36403282
> diet sodas bend the laws of physics
>>
>>36403471
But is it extremely bad for you to consume that much caffeine?
>>
>>36403486
I stay between 400-600mg per day with no side effects. I only take them when I've been missing sleep
>>
>>36403486
>But is it extremely bad for you to consume that much caffeine?

Only in very high amounts. You really have to be trying to cause any damage or have an existing heart condition. Use as much caution as you do for tylenol or aspirin.

As for diet soda it's a problem for some people because it makes you want to consume more calories. If you can resist that urge or your hunger isn't particularly strong in general it shouldn't be a problem. If you're the kind of person that's struggling with their diet and bitches about feeling hungry diet soda will destroy you
>>
>>36403577
>Feeling hungry
I probably should stop it then because I am a type 1 diabetic and I have to adhere to a low carb diet, and I mentioned to my doctor the problem I keep having where I stick strictly to my diet but feel hungry, and she was wanting to raise my diet a little. Maybe I can just quit the soda though and keep my diet.
>>
black coffee
>>
When I stopped being a fatass I was still drinking a liter of diet soda a week, helped a lot to curb my appetite for sweet shit and I was losing the exact same ammount of weight wether I had it or didn't.

It's calories in vs calories out. If something has no calories, it will NOT get you fat, simple as that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.