[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing stronglifts >could barely squat a plate two weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: riley.jpg (39 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
riley.jpg
39 KB, 600x300
>doing stronglifts
>could barely squat a plate two weeks ago
>going up in weights
>currently at 165
>dying everytime I squat
>sweating everywhere from head to toe
>literally red when I'm done with my set

God I need to squat wednesday and I'm already dreading it. Does it get easier? I don't know how much more my body can take, It takes me so much fucking effort to do one rep.
>>
>>36390804
I've been lifting for years and I will never stop hating leg day. So maybe not.
>>
>>36390804

Rest more between sets?
>>
>>36390804
it gets easier bro. the first time i did squats i literally could only manage 65lbs, and my whole body broke out in an itchy sweat, and i was drenched by the end of the workout. had the worst doms in history afterward and could barely walk. absolutely hated squatting, but figured that meant its something i should be focusing on.

im just heading out the door now, its squat day, and ill be repping 225lbs. its still pretty far from where i want to be, but its a lot better than the 65lbs i barely managed to do in the summer. my legs dont get sore anymore - i actually feel fucking amazing after doing squats now. stick with it and the pain will go away.
>>
>>36390804
>>doing stronglifts
>going up by 30 pounds in 2 weeks

deload or you're probably going to injure yourself
>>
>>36390804
Your cardio is subpar which is why you get winded during a set

It'll get better naturally, or you could do additional cardio on the side
>>
>>36390884

I used to lift, I just hadn't lifted in 3 months, so I guess I'm being a bit impatient
>>
>>36390854

this isn't an option because my gym buddy is an asshole
>>
>Doing SS for a month
>Can barely squat 1/2 plate

I managed to do 45kg last week, I tried to add 5kg today but I couldn't do it, I had to drop to 40kg to finish my sets. I can deadlift about 2 plate though so I dunno what's wrong with me. My squats are by far my weakest.
>>
>>36391931
My squats are also weak. I squat lmao1pl8, deadlift 2pl8 and bench 55kg, 5kg off 1pl8. I can bench 1pl8 for about 2-3 reps before it gets to the point where I can't actually lift it back to the safety if I go for one more rep.

But I'm on a cut and lifting at the same time. Probably explains it.
>>
>>36390966
Tell him you need more time and that if he wants to go too fast he can fuck himself. Stronglifts says to rest 3 minutes after hard sets.
>>
no it doesn't get easier. You need to take a deload week before you fucking die in the gym. It's normal in linear progression programs... you're mentally and phisically tired. Take a deload week, sleep a lot, eat a lot... come back next week rested and ready to hit a new pr.
>>
>>36390966
yeah well your gym buddy can choke on a dick because it takes at least 3 mins to replenish phosphocreatine stores which are critical for heavy lifting and ultimately progress
>>
>>36390804
I got to 170 lbs and failed my sets by 4/4/3/3/2. I de loaded like the app told me and now I have to do it again this Thursday. Hopefully I can make it. I've noticed that as the weight gets heavier I barely hit parallel. I used to go atg but that feels impossible now. Is this normal?
>>
EAT MORE
A
T

M
O
R
E
>>
>>36395143
No, if you're not completing the rep with proper form, you're not completing the rep.
>>
>>36395244

Rate my form?
https://youtu.be/BGWX0iVWpO8

And my deadlift
https://youtu.be/OmZ2pVopkJ4
>>
>>36395345
>And my deadlift

THANK YOU SNAP BACK GORILLA
>>
>>36395362
Lol
>>
>>36390804
IF YOUR PAUSES WERE LONGER THEN 3 MINUTES AND YOU HAVE TO GRIND OUT REPS CONSTANTLY THEN DONT INCREASE WEIGHT TRUST ME DO NOT FUCKING INCREASE WEIGHT OR THE PROGRAM WILL GO TO SHIT TRUST ME.

If you are feeling uncomfortable, like fukcing dying and having bad form on reps, then do the same weight next time instead of increasing.
>>
>>36395345
Your back is too rounded. You're right to hold your ass in the air, but your shoulders need to be well above your ass vertically. You'll know when you get this right because your shoulders will be in front of the bar.

Here is a great example-

https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?t=3m53s

Note how he starts in the rounded back position and then squeezes his chest up, which causes his shoulders to move higher than his ass and moves his shoulders forwards. The chest has to be high and your back should be a straight line angled upwards, not flat or rounded.
>>
>>36396758
Thanks anon
>>
>got to 3 plate squats but doing lowbar
>finally get some squat shoes and decide to learn high bar just because new shoes
>wow this is a big difference feels easy as fuck with the shoes!
>lets go to 2 plate like usual for our warm up
>...holy shit
>can't add weight because I keep leaning to far forward due to always squatting low bar
>just do 3x5 of high bar 2 palte
>by the time I"m done I'm completely drenched and tired as fuck

This is going to be a bitch
>>
>>36395345
holy shit those deads
>>
>>36398310
What about em?
>>
>>36397128
Can't you still squat lowbar with WL shoes? The shoes tend to reduce tilting forward as far as I know, just really focus on keeping the weight on your heels
>>
>>36390850
>falling for the leg day meme
>>
>>36400158
Normie
>>
I feel really bad after squatting, and I don't mean just DOMS (which is ok), I get really nauseous and very dizzy for at least an hour. It is my first month in gym and I've been doing bodyweight routine for 6 months before that. Will my body slowly readjust if I will just keep squatting? Experienced gymbros say my form is pretty good.
>>
>>36400045
Old school weightlifting shoes with ultra high heels make low bar difficult, other than that squatting lowbar is easier in weightlifting shoes, not harder, OP just needs to adjust his squat form
>>
>>36401115
It is normal. When I started squatting I would sweat from everywhere and would finish my sets red as a tomato, shaking and feeling like I was going to faint.

Squats and deadlifts are really fucking hard to do. The form and the movements are really demanding. But don't worry you'll get used to it. You'll still sweat like a bitch and shake but you'll feel alpha after completing your sets.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.