[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into hair gains? I noticed my hair thinning on top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
How do I into hair gains?

I noticed my hair thinning on top about a year ago and now it's almost this bad, getting hard to cover up. Hairline hasn't receded at all but it's thinning heavily on top, not on the vertex/crown

Every shower there's a ton of hair on my hands and I'm noticing a LOT of it on my floor

Tried Rogaine for a month but it didn't make the slightest difference.

Anyone had this problem?
>>
>>36364010
>>36364010
Stop being a bitch and shave your head
>>
File: 2008323443.jpg (24 KB, 257x425) Image search: [Google]
2008323443.jpg
24 KB, 257x425
>>36364010
Look, man...

Nizoral is a good general anti-fungal/anti-dandruff shampoo that you should use 2 or 3 times a week, even if you aren't balding. There is research suggesting it has similar results to Rogaine, but through a completely different action. I would recommend it, but it's not going stop your hair from falling out if you are genetically predisposed to bald.

Do you have a decent shaped head? Can your skin tan a little? How tall are you? How much do you weight? Are you physically strong?

These things will matter as much or more than you hair, and at least some one them you can actually control to a degree. You CANNOT stop your hair from falling out. Anyone telling you otherwise is selling snake oil and bullshit.
>>
File: 1407486565232.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1407486565232.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>36364137
i have a horse head and it looks real fucking weird shaved
>>
>>36364010
Firstly, accept it is happening.

Then you have two options -

As >>36364215 said, if you've got a good physique, then go for shaved. You'll pull if off just fine.

Or, hair transplants. The only real and effective way to combat hair-loss aside from just accepting it and shaving it all off.

Problem is, it's mighty expensive.
>>
>>36364236
then just go bald naturally.

i gave some thought to using finesteride, but my dude if you get the sides, you get fucking gyno, your brain stops functioning well, your dick might stop working, all types of shit.

keep the hair you got, but just do it with pride bruh
>>
>>36364215
>Do you have a decent shaped head?
not quite

>Can your skin tan a little?
i'm the whitest guy i know

>How tall are you?
6ft3

>How much do you weight?
90kg

>Are you physically strong?
a bit
>>
I have brown hair and want to dye it brown. How do I know if it will look good or not?
>>
>>36364215
just a note on the ketoconazole shampoo (nizoral), you will need to use the 2% prescription only version so go to you doc and tell him you've got dandruff
>>
>>36364287
>6ft3
>90kg

Woah. You really don't have anything to worry about, even if you're pale as a ghost. At that height, assuming you're at a healthy body fat, you could afford another 30-50lbs (this is /fit/ afterall), easy, but that's kinda of neither here nor there. Just remember, height on a man turns a 5/10 into a 7. It's just how women are. Just make sure you don't have a pencil neck, and you won't look like a cancer patient.

>>36364581
1% works fine well too. The therapeutic grade isn't really necessary unless you have an actual fungal problem. The research I read used 1%.
>>
>>36364010
Also, there's a 30 day rule for shaving your head. Give it 30 days before you judge whether you look good or now. It takes time for you residual self-image to adjust.
>>
>>36364010
>Tried Rogaine for a month but it didn't make the slightest difference.
Hair gains of all kind takes months for it become noticeable.

Nizoral+rogaine+finasteride is king
>>
>>36364669
>>36364669
can you link me it? the one i'm looking at was on mice and they used 2% daily
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/
>>
>>36364767
http://androshield.colorguarddirect.com/case-studies/

Can only find a copied version atm, not on the original journal site, but the article publication information is provided.
>>
>>36364801
>>36364816
An interesting finding is that it does shrink the sebaceous glands, which androgen are known to enlarge. The exact action for the effect on hair still isn't know for sure, but the anti-androgenic properties of ketoconazole and its effect on sebum production could have some mild topical effects. Again, it's just speculation, but either way it does seem to be just as good as minox statistically
>>
>>36364010
Stop being a bitch and man the fuck up. I have shit ass hair genetics which makes it look like a have a receding hair line..had it since 10
You know what i did...not give a fuck. You know what happened....i got pussy still
God you guys are fucking pathetic
>>
>>36364854
He just wanted to know if there was a way to get his hair back. Its not like he is a mental breakdown because of it. Trying to look your best is not pathetic and he did not say he had a pussy problem. What is making you sound so bitter?
>>
>>36364883
Because these threads are fucking cancer.
Embrace yourself. You will never be happy if you keep finding flaws.
Be happy you have a god damn life/house/family/friends
Who the fuck cares if strands of dead shit is falling out
Lift and become a behemoth and no one will say shit about your hair
>>
>turned 18 a while back and started balding at the temples
>talked to my parents about getting on minoxidil/finasteride but they don't believe I'm balding
>in a family full of men who started balding early
feels bad man.im starting to think I should just buy the stuff online and hide it
>>
I wish I got on Finasteride earlier

Have to spend $10k or whatever on a hair transplant now eventually, sigh
>>
>>36364927
>Lift and become a behemoth
But doesn't seem contradictory to what you said before about embracing yourself. Couldn't you say "Who cares about muscles?" Aren't you trying to improve yourself aesthetically with your physique.
>>
>>36364927
You're making a good point but your tone makes you sound like you're losing an argument in another thread
>>
>>36364669
how do i into neck gains?
>inb4 deadlifts should be enough
>>
>>36364215
>There is research suggesting it has similar results to Rogaine
Unless Rogaine is totally ineffectual, Nizoral doesn't do this. I use it regularly and it has no effect on hair.
>>
>>36364010
If you notice a pattern in the replies, it's because it's the fookin truth m8. Just shave it.

Going bald is shit, being bald is fine.
>>
in this thread: the usual trolls discouraging finasteride
>>
SHAVE

Looks better, huge weight off your shoul...um, scalp
>>
>>36364010
You can't into hair gains.

Your options are to sink all your money into shit that dosen't work, sink it into a toupee, weave (they have this for men now, you're in luck if you're black and okay with potentially being called a faggot. White guys have...the trump thing. Tattoos, etc.), lastly just shave your head or keep your hair for what time you have and accept it.
>>
>>36364272
>i gave some thought to using finesteride, but my dude if you get the sides, you get fucking gyno, your brain stops functioning well, your dick might stop working, all types of shit.

Yep. I've weighed up taking it for a while now too but with the stories people I just can't bring myself to it.

Like literally years after having taking it for a short amount of time they still feel like shit.
>>
>>36368161
*people tell
>>
>>36364010

The fastest,expensive and most risky way?

Propecia and rogaine.

The longest ( 2 years), hardest and most complicated way?

Scalp exercises http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my-approach-2/

Emu Oil applied to scalp

Coconut oil applied to scalp

Not eating garbage anymore

Not using shampoo anymore.

cheers
>>
>>36368222

Oh here is actually a progression thread on the same site.

You dont find many of those because not many people go through the process.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=324
>>
>>36368238
>some random guy trying to make a quick buck from peddling a DVD to balders
>sure thing take my money stranger

post some proper free videos or gtfo
>>
- Finasteride. If you don't take this, you are going to lose your hair. End of story.
- Nizoral twice/week
- Taurine
- Lysine
- Castor oil (oral) + fish oil

Pretty basic regrowth protocol. Minoxidil is optional, i'm personally not a fan. Most people don't notice any results until 8+ months in. If your hair is still getting worse after 1 year then your balding is too aggressive to bother dealing with and you should simply shave it.
>>
>>36368161
Take it from someone who used finasteride for 5 months, it's not worth it.

Yes I got hair gains, but my sex drive plummeted (at 23), I got this weird brain fog and general sense of uneasyniss.

The effects went away after I quit luckily.

But I decided to give up on it and shaved my head.

It's not worth lowering your most important male hormone over.
>>
>>36364010
>Rogaine for a month
Hair gains take a while. One month isn't nearly enough. Buy nizoral shampoo and finasteride
>>
>>36368222
>using mom-science over clinically proven methods.
>>
>>36364010
>bulk up
>shave head
>grow beard

That's the only thing you can do.
>>
>>36368514

That "mom-science" gave me a full head of hair though.

Enjoy your boner from finas ( oh wait you wont have one)
>>
>>36368222
How often do you put that stuff on?

And how does not using shampoo work without getting dirty greasy hair?
>>
I fucking hate seeing these threads. Every time I see them I begin obsessively looking at my hair, trying to recall every hair I've lost that day and freaking out.

It's fucked.
>>
File: aesthetics.jpg (121 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
aesthetics.jpg
121 KB, 500x492
>>36364215

Freddie is why people who complain about looking ugly since they're balding, probably weren't too attractive to begin with.

If you have god tier facial structure hair barely matters.
>>
File: 1426905284905.jpg (45 KB, 257x293) Image search: [Google]
1426905284905.jpg
45 KB, 257x293
>>36368532
>tfw balding at 20
>tfw beard is still too weak to really grow out
>don't wanna shave it off until beard is strong enough
>>
Guys I've heard some evidence that zinc can contribute to hair regrowth by inhibiting DHT creation. I noticed some new growth on my hairline and the only thing I'd changed was I started taking like 200mg of zinc a day for a few weeks so looked into it and found some research.
>>
>>36369252
You're overdosing on zinc you retard
>>
hairloss is the worst thing that ever happened to me

and i had a lot of bad things happen to me

hair loss changes your life forever (for the worse)
>>
>>36368749
You were never balding, retard
>>
>>36364272
The chances of getting the sides are like... non-existent.

I'm 30. I started finasteride like 5 years ago and my hairloss hasn't gotten worse since then, where as before I could see the noticeable thinning.

Eventually it will stop working I know, but by then I'll be too old to give a fuck. Or maybe a better preventative solution will come out(although I don't expect that to happen with hairloss being an industry. they want to make this medicines to keep you on for life.
>>
>>36369281
>Overdosing.
Isn't zinc a mineral or something as opposed to a drug?
>>
>>36368488
Holy shit the same exact thing happened to me. Noticed after a few months that it was harder to thing straight and process things. I've also notice its harder to get and keep an erection.

Anyone know if its okay to go cold turkey on finnesteride?
>>
>>36369641
look up zinc toxicity
>>
>>36366301
http://ironwearfitness.com/hestsuat10.html

I have one of these. I wear it during workouts, but that's left over from when I work kevlar helmets at work. Neck bridges are really the gold standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABXH_UP06M
>>
>>36369252
>200mg of zinc a day

That's WAY too much zinc. Holy shit. Stop.
>>
>>36369432
sides are real and not uncommon, sometimes permanent.
>>
>>36371008
(different poster) nah sides are extremely rare. Like <2% has sides. People like you kept me from taking finasteride for years. I had the prescription sitting on my nightstand for a year and a half, unable to take the pill. Finally bit the bullet and did it. Completely stopped aggressive hairloss, and have kept my good hair for several years now without the slightest side effect. Get morning wood, boners all the time, same libido i've always had. Trust the stats, not people like this.
>>
>>36368458

The entire method is explained on the site. You dont need to buy his dvd. I didnt, i just read through
>>
>>36372933
well everyone gets sides, some just show more than others.

i would be concerned if some people are having such bad reactions, what could be going on beneath the surface taking that stuff for years even if no sides are visible right away.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.