[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it with some of you that are anxious about going to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1455477892489s.jpg (6 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1455477892489s.jpg
6 KB, 250x218
What is it with some of you that are anxious about going to the gym when you seem to be able to handle social settings such as parties and shit just fine? Hell, some of you even have girlfriends.

Whats up with that? How can you be a confident normie anywhere but the gym?
>>
IDK, the gym is also one of those places where it is completely socially acceptable to not talk with anyone. Nobody cares about you, they are looking at themselves.
>>
>>36331633
>the gym is also one of those places where it is completely socially acceptable to not talk with anyone

Very good point
>>
>>36331627
I don't really care when I go to the gym.

I scan my card, open the door, put my bag away/get changed in the lockers, and get started working out.

The most I might do is ask one of the retards that works there if they're finished with the power rack after taking the 45 year old lady who they got to do 15 reps of 30kg deadlifts to the rowing machine, and then they tell me how many sets are left (my gym trainers advocate supersets the tosspots), and I either wait or start a different exercise and come back.

The most awkward encounter I had was last night when I went to the gym at 12pm because of playing MTG with friends. Went in, opened the door, got ready and walked into the aerobics area and didn't see the two qt's in there. Asked if they were doing some class, they said no. Asked if they minded if I beat the shit out of the bag for a warmup for a bit, they didn't mind. I did my warmup, grabbed my shit and moved to the next set.

It's not that hard. what's hard for me is the opposite. Social interactions where I'm trying to make a move, can't fucking do it.
>>
When you're a failure in life it's very difficult to enjoy meeting new people. Why? because all people do is brag to each-other about their accomplishments. When you have no accomplishments, what the fuck are you even supposed to do?

The only other alternative is to hang around a bunch of other failed people but why? they're all either boring, alcoholics or drug addicts. So I just say screw everybody else and spend time by myself instead.

In before: edgy r9k teenager. I am 28 years old.
>>
>>36331658
im the same

>ask qt from uni about a deadline, everythings fine, suave and we have a decently long conversation about her paper and mine
>try to ask other qt from uni out
>sperg and leave instead

why
>>
>>36331668
28 here also. I didn't realize why I prefer to hang around losers until now. T-thanks I guess.
>>
>>36331729
Expectations, anxiety, performance issues etc. I was a suave motherfucker with women when I was 18-19, went through 3 fucks in the course of 3 days.

Then I got hooked onto one of them, stayed in a relationship, got BIG (jumped from 75kg to 110), and am now working it back down. I have self confidence issues and so I continuously second guess myself unless i'm talking about some mundane shit like work or life to a girl.

At the very least I'm not a total beta. Playing MTG with buddies, they brought along some swedish girl from their uni. Had a gut almost as big as mine, bushy eyebrows that were brown with bleached blonde hair. Was making eyes and trying to flirt with me while we were playing but I just played the game, brushed her off, and went to gym afterwards.

Now if I can just be that confident around qt's that I want.
>>
No one has answered OPs question yet
>>
>>36331627
for me its the look of judgement and jealousy. I feel people will mock me for trying and bettering my self.

But fuck dat, i signed up today. Hope i'm gonna make it.
>>
gyms are full of narcissist autists.
>>
>>36331773
Is that why normies feel anxious and self conscious going to a gym?
>>
>>36331753
>suave at 18-19
I hate to break it to you, but you were awkward, weird, and ugly. If you truly believe that you were suave as a teenager, you still don't understand the meaning of the word.
>>
>>36331753
were all gonna make it breh. like how you handled the swede eyeing you- just be polite and dont string along or be a dick
>>
>>36331777
Probably not legitimately suave, but I had confidence and ability when I was a teen.

I lost that, that was my point.
>>
>>36331940
No. You were good at putting the square block in the square hole like all kids eventually are. Now you've been handed the rubix cube of life while is a little more complex and you've finally realised that it takes a greater balance of skills to function as an adult compared to what it takes to function as a teen. Welcome to adult life.

The only thing you can do is seek self-improvement. Brain gains is not a meme. Every skill can be learned and practised.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.