[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else hockey master race? What position do you play? How does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: sid.jpg (298 KB, 1867x1867) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
298 KB, 1867x1867
Who else hockey master race? What position do you play? How does lifting effect your game?
I'm pretty new and playing LW, once my skating is better I'll be switching over to D for next season hopefully, 6ft4 230lbs so built for defense but my backwards skating blows.
>>
>Not Goalie
ya blew it.
>>
>>36278776
>posting Cindy Crybaby
Pleb tier
Playing wing is one of the funniest positions
Get good pass from C, snap it in like a madman, celly at the goalie and opposing teams fans as if you won the cup
>feels good man
>>
D here, pretty light atm (88kg)but D is a lot about footwork, positioning and reading the game. Squats and deads help for everything. Woodchoppers helped me a lot for lots of stick stuff and getting powerful shots off quickly.
Having a 'strong' lowerbody only helps with skating and hitting etc. if you have the technique down. I"ve seen people who can barely squat 1.5 plate make massive hits because they know how to use their edges.

>>36279314
wing is for retarded terriers who need to be horny for the puck all the time. D is masterrace tactician that holds the team up
>>
>>36278776
>not being the goon
why even bother
>>
File: sad-dog.jpg (1 MB, 3508x2334) Image search: [Google]
sad-dog.jpg
1 MB, 3508x2334
>>36278776
>tfw spring came early and ended pond hockey earlier than usual this year

At least it's closer to outdoor pickup basketball and cycling season i guess but there is not a more fun form of cardio than playing hockey outside. Preferably on a pond/lake but outdoor rinks are just as good
>>
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 172x292) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 172x292
>mfw people who were raised South of I-80 didn't grow up playing pond hockey
>>
I've played D since I was 4yo. Lifting has greatly improved my game, more powerful start/stops, better at battling in the corners, I'm a lot herder to move around than before and I can move other people around better.
>>
>>36279446
>wing is for puck hungry terriers
>implying I'm not

Goal scorers always get more glory when scoring the OT-winner
Automatic after-game puckbunny for sure :^)
>>
Do you guys play at college level?
I heard hockey is the least friendly sport and it's not uncommon for teams to hate each other.
>>
>>36280297
You aren't wrong

Oh man oh man do i hate red bull salzburg
I always hope one of them has a career ending injury
>>
>>36280723
so the rivalries are actually personal instead of just friendly?
>>
File: 1374114751088.gif (842 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1374114751088.gif
842 KB, 500x540
>>36278776
Eyyyy hockey thread
>goalie
Lifting has helped tremendously with how I move and my speed on the ice, and I can also do the splits lol
>>
>>36279314
Crybabby or not Crosby has some of the joociest quads around
>>
>>36281329
depends
if the player himself acts like a nigger (dirty hits, dodging hits when he acts like an asshole, always telling on the ref, saying shit about someones friends/family) then you hate that specific player

but if the whole team has something that is literally unbearable to understand or just unfair then you hate the team most likely

for example: Red bull salzburg forward Brett Sterling hit the ref in the Face with his fist
result: 0 (ZERO) game suspension for something that should have had at least 20
if a player who wouldn't have been sponsored by gay bull had done that, well goodbye for at least 25 games
in that case team hate

also: in the same game Sterling intentionally almost chopped of an other players finger via Slashing and didn't even apologize for that shit
in that case you hate the player
>>
Used to play d. I was committed to Harvard then I had a shoulder injury that took me out for the rest of my senior year
>tfw I liked lifting more the whole time
Well I guess it worked out for me in the end.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1536x2048
Daily reminder hockey players are trashy hicks who get made fun of by everyone who doesn't play their degeneracy filled sport
>>
>>36278776
who /kings/ here?
>>
File: KippersMom.jpg (294 KB, 1050x1600) Image search: [Google]
KippersMom.jpg
294 KB, 1050x1600
What do hockey players do for a routine?
Every time I see the hockey players training, they're always doing front squats, power [anything] and circuit stuff.
>>
>>36284522
Single leg stuff, land mine presses, chin-ups and posterior chain work and core work(anti rotation etc)
>>
>>36284459
spotted the cuck
>>
>>36284459
>only athletes that wear suits into and out of the arena
>hicks
Top kek
>>
File: 4845j_lg.jpg (1 MB, 2944x3632) Image search: [Google]
4845j_lg.jpg
1 MB, 2944x3632
sorry what
>>
>>36278808
Second this
>>
bout to head to a game right now actually
defence master race. my stick handling sucks so i just rely on my size and speed to stop people,
odr master race here as well, rink closed this saturday
>>
>>36284485
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>36278776
Played Center through to Midget, then started playing Defense on the left side (right-handed, so I'm basically a one timer robot, can't do much else offensively).

I practiced my backwards skating really hard, I would suggest you do the same. Do the Iron Cross 50 times everytime you're on the ice.

Hockey players are not peak athletes though if you ask me. Only lower body exercises contribute to overall performance. I have had many more performance gains from lifting in my rugby ventures.

19yo 6'3" 235lbs
BP:235
Squat: 350
Deadlift:415
>>
>>36287781
>6'3" 235lbs
dayum
post pic?
also what position in rugby?
>>
>>36287781
>Hockey players are not peak athletes though if you ask me
confirmed for lying and not being a hockey player.
>>
>>36287802
I'm a flanker/8man for my uni as well as for my province, and I would post a pic but I'm a fat-ass, so won't disappoint you by posting a picture, just blessed with pace luckily enough, also cutting at the moment.
>>36287867
I think the top athletes are Football and rugby players. Size, explosivity, strength and speed are required.
>>
>>36287966
>I think the top athletes are Football and rugby players. Size, explosivity, strength and speed are required
True, pro hockey players are pretty small 2bh
>>
>>36288140
I can't tell if sarcastic or not. But here's my answer.

Hockey Players average (Based on latest google search technology)
>6ft 1
>203lbs

NFL Players
>6'4"
>240lbs

Rugby Players
>6'2" average height
>230lbs

I don't doubt that NHL players are technically incredible, and very athletic, but in /fit/ terms, not that impressive in comparison to rugby players.
>>
It is hard to compare football to hockey.

>>36288243
>>36288140
football players are just athletes. can run very fast, explosive.

hockey players may not be as big and strong, but the skill required is far more than football skill.

Even, wide receivers don't require much skill anymore, the gloves do everything. just being a better athlete then the man infront of you takes you way further in football than in hockey.

Patty Kane is a manlet, yet is lighting it up. becuase he is a better hockey player than the man in front of him.

(yes, being an athlete plays a part in hockey and skill is needed in football, but you get my point, an average pro football player would crush an average hockey player in most athletic feats)
>>
>>36289124
I'm sure everyone is mirin the "skill required" walking around in clothes on the street
>>
>>36289146

no, they mire the name, and status symbol and fuck litterally any one they want.
>>
Goalie master race checking in.
>>
I play in the ohl. I'm a center and I'm 6'2 and 220 , Lifting has helped my speed and made me better at winning fights
>>
>>36291285
are fights in hockey decided mostly by size? Have you ever lost one being 6'2 220?
>>
>>36291444
Not a hockey fag, but I think by "fights" he is talking about when someone from other team is trying to steal the puck from him.

I am sure he loses fights all the time, regardless of size
>>
File: 1454359825467.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454359825467.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>36284459
>americlaps still can't stand any sport that isn't centered around worshipping black men
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.