[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /fit/izens in the Army? I recently decided to enlist but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
Any /fit/izens in the Army? I recently decided to enlist but I wanna get in shape and eat healthier first so I won't completely be depleted when we go through all the training.

I plan on doing reserves/national guard.
>>
Get a discharge ASAP and enlist in the USMC reserves unless you want to officially be a weakfag forever. You ever met a real guardsman before? I have yet to see one who isnt average at best.
>>
>>36259676
and what makes you think usmc reserves are anything special? they meet up once a month like every other reserve.

anyway I was in the marines and can say that simply enlisting alone wont get you in shape, it will get you skinnyfat or skele with decent cardio and conditioning.

and for the army you literally dont need to do anything, im not kidding dont sweat it you wont be challenged at all, do 100 push ups a day since thats the armys form of punishment you want to get your push ups good, also run 2 miles a week and you will probably even be in the top of you class :^)

also you should avoid wearing your uniform out in public, its cringe inducing, unfashionable, and considering the SJW liberal ISIS supporting state the countries in you might even become a target if they know you're enlisted.
>>
>>36259632
Meh the army is mostly drills and cardio. If you think you're working out for your country you're dead wrong. It's good if you want to learn to survive in the wild and to run a lot and it can be really fun if that's what you're into but otherwise don't think you can be a bro and just workout, eat and sleep because the state pays for everything. In the bootcamp you're gonna work 18 hours a day, get almost no sleep ever, eat 3 meals a day all you can eat but with almost no time to eat, and the workout looks more like crossfit than anything else. You're gonna lose gains more than anything else. After bootcamp the work isn't that bad but you're still not gonna have the bro lifestyle and you're still not gonna sleep that much.

There are also high risks of injury because of the lack of proper nutrition and rest so watch out for that.
>>
>>36259766
Don't get me wrong I love the army but you hear so many good things about it and little bad things which are mostly artsy shit like "you have no personality". I think you should really know what you get into.

The military lifestyle is a great one if that's what you seek. If you want a good salary, you want to be /fit/, you want the respect, you want to run away from home, etc. You're gonna leave in the first month because that's not what it's about. You're gonna realise the pay is shit compared to the work, the training is stupid as fuck and the rest isn't enough so you're likely to get injured, you basically never meet civilians so the only respect you have is from below and at that point you've been disrespected enough by your superiors you don't even care and you're gonna miss the fuck out of your home, you'll realise how good it was and you'll eventually go back before realising that it's not that good either, you just hate both.
>>
>>36259632
>>36259632
Bruh, Im in National Guard, currently in training and in AIT right now.
I hope you're mentally up to it. Super easy though, well I guess its easy to just look back on it. But uh, yeah. You need to be able to:

Run 2 miles in atleast 16:56 time
Do 30 push ups in two minutes
And 40 or so situps in two minutes.

Thats it for Basic. Well to pass atleast, but there will be more exercises. Too easy to train for.
>>
>>36259849
not to mention when you get out everyone will call you a oil stealing baby killer and you will be outcasted to only hang out with other vets in the area, no matter how lame they are
>>
Run. Run a lot. Run some more. Run up a mountain. Do some push ups. Run more. Do NOT show up buff, or you're going to have a miserable time being made an example of.
>>
>>36260115
Yeah never mention you're in the military
>>
>>36259632
If you aren't going to be an officer, this is absolute shit tier
>>
How does being an officer in the British armed forces compare to the American ones?
>>
Have fun dieing for fractional reserved banking.
>>
>>36260195
Run 1.5 Mile in under 10.30 (if your going basic infantry )
50 Press ups in 2 minutes
50 Sit ups in 2 minutes
this is the standard PFA the british army does, and if you cant do that, you aint getting in
>>
>>36260195
I was an O-2 in the Aus army, most Platoon commanders in the anglosphere do a similar job. Shit loads of paperwork, making the battalion commander look good and trying to keep stupidity from hitting your guys too hard. I was a digger before an officer though and I was thoroughly disillusioned by the time I was commissioned. Fresh officers are usually interested in pushing their units harder than the previous commander so someone will notice them, and they often have problems sharing authority with their senior NCOs.

The main two differences between Aus/NZ/Brit/Canadian officers and American ones that I have noticed is that American (army usually) have a lot more awesome gear and tech than us, depending on the unit of course. The other is British and Canadian officers often have more of a "class difference", officers are less likely to have a beer and chat with the men under them. Once again, it depends from unit to unit but that's about it in broad strokes.
>>
>>36260156
>Do NOT show up buff, or you're going to have a miserable time being made an example of.

b-but anon

I still have months left in the DEP program.

Are you seriously suggesting I throw months of gainz away just to make my two months at boot camp a little easier?
>>
>>36260635
Not him, but don't bother. Basic training is just two months, and if you're a reservist you won't even see 95% of those guys again. You're gonna get insulted and abused anyway, whether your buff or not, it's not the end of the world. It's nothing like life in the real army, your mindset should just be "yeah this will suck but it's only 10/13/whatever weeks, let's just get this done".
>>
I've already managed to complete these pfa's with my local UOTC. my running time was 9:36, press ups were 62 and sit ups were 80. I've kept training since, I'm currently getting an aplication to start training as a royal marine officer. Are my chances good?
>>
File: muhstack.png (355 KB, 379x648) Image search: [Google]
muhstack.png
355 KB, 379x648
>>36259632
USMC or bust, faggot.
>>
>>36260498
>thinks he has a deep understanding of the world

>can't spell 'dying'

top kek
>>
>>36260498
How come liberals and college kids can never seem to wrap their heads around the fact that at least 90% of today's military never sees combat?
>>
>>36260940
Yep
Raider reg best reg
>>
>>36260700
>>36260092

Not OP but can you tell me more about being a reservist and national guard?
>>
>>36260940
sup corporal

where you out of
>>
>>36260092
>Bruh, Im in National Guard, currently in training and in AIT right now.

Read:
>Guys I'm a boot, I know lots about the Army!
>>
>>36261045
kek

>booters
>>
>>36261036
Got out as a Sgt, was in 2/7 out of 29 palms.
>>
>>36261073
apologies sgt. I'm over in VA right now. Stay good
>>
>>36260949
Your post would make much more sense if you replaced "world" with "english", dipshit.
>>
>>36260905
Mate if your going for royal marine, get a fucking leg on.
You have to do two 1.5 mile runs on a incline treadmill one after each other, the first under 10 minutes, then you stop, do your press ups and shit then hop back on and have to get it in under 9.30 minutes
>>
>>36261024
It used to be you don't do shit unless a disaster hit, now it's you get your ass shot off back-filling real units in third world shitholes.
>>
change into civvies everyday after work. please
>>
>>36261220
depending on your MOS, will it be more likely to deploy or do they just deploy random people?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x1517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x1517
>>36260940
We rack posting? Rack Posting.
>>
ranger here

first off: dont join unless you are too stupid for college or a job

if you are at all fit before joining the army you will not get better. regular army infantry does a fuckload of running and retarded bodyweight circuits. if youre in a soft skill mos you will probably be fat like all the 3id people that eat our dfac.

soft skills, reservists, and national guardsmen can be jacked because they dont have to do shit so they have plenty of time to lift

if you go sof, which is the only reason you should join the army, your run standards will be a lot higher, but you probably wont actually have to do it as much because were not retarded and know that running 40 miles a week isnt helpful and is just gonna get you hurt.

you will do a lot more weight training, and depending on what unit youre in (SF, 75th, other) then you may or may not do crossfit-tier circuits. again, thats dependent on the unit and also your leadership

TLDR: its impossible to fail basic. youre gonna stay fat
>>
>>36261741
is this you? bronze stars out the ass
>>
>>36261155
are you implying that the english are the only people in the world with fractional reserve banking? Learn 2 read you illiterate fuck
>>
Canada army here. Fitness standards are a joke. Especially if you aren't combat arms. Just prepare to get occasionally sleep fucked and you'll be good.
>>
I've been lifting for three years and in the navy next week. Im going to boot. Going to bulk again after boot or at least try too.
>>
>>36263874
>not being to add muscle and cut at the same time.
Do you never diet and cardio?
>>
Just roid
>>
>>36263903
>>36263903
That's not even possible and are you just responding when you see me?

What thread on r9k do you rp in?
>>
>>36261252
>change into civvies everyday after work. please
explain pls
>>
National Guard 11b here

>falling for the enlistment meme
>>
>>36259737
>you might even become a target if they know you're enlisted.

I used to tell my idiot parents this whenever they asked me to wear my uniform in public. They just never understood it.
>>
>>36263874
The navy's the only branch I haven't heard talked about here. Why boats bro?
>>
>>36264785
I am extremely interested in traveling the world. I want to practice my Japanese since I study it extensively and just want an adventure with the benefits.

Also what a carefree life just living on a carrier in the middle of nowhere. Im excited for the sailor life even though im just going to be an administrator on the ship.

Since nobody talks about navy maybe ill provide my experiences back to fit once im actually in there.
>>
>>36264799
Confirmed for Weeaboo with strange anime figurines and mid to high level functioning autism.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.