[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/'s opinion on coconut oil? I have a big jar of it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: coconut-oil-coconuts.jpg (195 KB, 1404x936) Image search: [Google]
coconut-oil-coconuts.jpg
195 KB, 1404x936
/fit/'s opinion on coconut oil?

I have a big jar of it and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
>>
Take a month off of coffee. Second, make a cup of bulletproof coffee. Be wired as fuck.
>>
>>36072038
>a tablespoon
>13 g of saturated fat

Like, it's fucking toasty, but don't you consider that overkill?
>>
>Good for cooking anything with it
>Tastes great
>Good for skin health
>Good for jacking out
>Good for rubbing all over my ex-gf's titties during foreplay
>Good for giving massages
>Good for the healthy fats (I put a spoonful of coconut oil in a shaker bottle with milk, hemp protein powder, and PBfit powder)

Sometimes I just take a spoonful and eat it straight while in my kitchen. I love the taste

Pro tip: Find some non-GMO popcorn cooked with coconut oil from your local food store. So fucking good
>>
I use it for cooking only.

I think my heart doesn't like saturated fats. I tried keto and thought I was gonna die. But then again, I can eat 3 avocados (non-saturated fats) and feel like a champ
>>
>>36072108

>Good for rubbing all over my ex-gf's titties during foreplay
>Good for giving massages

This anon. All natural lube and turns every massage into fucking.
>>
Enjoy your heart disease.
>>
>>36072113
>I think my heart doesn't like saturated fats.

There's the understatement of the year. I can't believe there are people who still delude themselves into thinking that saturated fats are healthy.
>>
It's great for cooking and making cosmetics and other shit.

It's a good substitute for sugar because it goes directly to the liver.

It's great for cooking with.

Bonus: It pisses off idiots like this guy >>36072186

All in all, great stuff.
>>
>>36072038
Too many saturated fats, stick to olive oil.
>>
>>36072038
Don't fall for the saturated fate meme. Coconut oil is gr8. You can cook with it, clean your teeth with it, but it on cuts to help them heal, moisturise with it and put it in your hair.
>>
>>36072186
This
>>
>>36072038
It's good for cooking vegetablea and lube. It's edible so you can eat ass all you want
>>
>>36072038
Healthiest oil there is because it's almost all saturated.

Unsaturated fat is the bad fat.
>>
>>36072900
Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>36072705

so how do you explain that my heart rate is way high and I feel like dying after eating a lot of bacon on keto, yet I feel perfectly fine after eating avocados.
Same amount of fat, except one is saturated and the other isn't.

And please don't link a study or something; what I'm describing really happens and my body is reacting in a bad way after consuming a lot of saturated fats
>>
>>36072038
1 tea spoon in your oats bowl.
>>
>>36072038

Rub it all over your body after you shower and then tell me youre still questioning it
>>
>>36072038
Can you legitimately use this shit for face and body wash?
I've tried other oils that people said were anti inflammatory or despite their oil levels had enough antioxidants to fight acne.
Rarely works.
>>
Comb that shit through your beard and it will be fucking revitalized.
>>
It's amazing for cooking.
>>
>>36072038

God tier lube.

Don't eat that dogshit though, it's just another dumass food fad.
>>
>>36072175

>turns every massage into fucking

Can confirm
>>
>>36072186
"21 studies published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition this year. It found that, "Saturated fat was not associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke or coronary vascular disease."

Looks like science says you are a moron. Also enjoy your lack of testosterone you beta faggot
>>
>>36072908
Unsaturated fats become rancid upon digestion and are not fit human consumption. They promote numerous diseases.

Do some research.
>>
>>36073361
wait people eat coconut oil?
>>
>>36072917
So your personal experience V Science and we should believe you right?

21 studies published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition this year. It found that, "Saturated fat was not associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke or coronary vascular disease."

As for your problem maybe its reflux maybe is because you dont chew your food properly, maybe you eat too fast. It has absolutely nothing to do with saturated fat.
>>
100% honest here, I used coconut oil the other day to fuck my fleshlight because I was out of lube. It worked though
>>
I use it to lube the dildos I shove up my ass, I really like it.
>>
I love coconut oil and use it for a variety of things.Instead of adding oil to coffee I use full fat coconut milk it gives it more nutrients
>>
>>36073637

Yes, personal experience > studies

While there are some obvious no-no's regarding general health (don't drink paint thinner), you should listen to your body instead of studies. Don't forget a large amount of food studies are paid by food coorporations (ie: the egg industry paying for a study that concludes fat and egg yolks are good for you)
>>
>>36073681
There are hundreds of studies showing that eggs are good for you. Not to mention millions of athletes bodybuilders and weightlifters who get great results from eating eggs.

Yes one study might have been funded by the egg industry but if hundreds of other studies not funded by the egg industry conclude the same thing we can be confident in their result
>>
>>36072917
hmmmm science or your personal anecdote. Tough choice.
>>
>>36073681
vegan faggot detected
>>
>>36073726

I'd hate to burst your bubble but it's other way around. Most food studies are funded by industries
>>
>>36073759
This is why I don't trust vaccines, most studies are funded by pharmaceutical companies that make them.
>>
I put it on my skin and in my beard. Ex wanted to use it as lube, but butt stuff is for homos.
Its an alright cooking oil.
>>
>>36073735
what a faggot you are

Ok let's say that you got into a bad car accident and your doctor gave you a powerful painkiller for your fucked up back.

You take the pills and while it does supress the pain, you feel dizzy and nauseous. Then the next day you decide to smoke weed instead and it works just as well, without the nasty sides, so you don't take the pills at all and just use weed instead.

You discuss the topic with your doctor and he mentions negative studies regarding cannabis. He also mentions studies proving the painkillers you've been prescribed are more effective that pot at reducing pain.

What do you; what feels best for your body or what studies say is feels best for your body? That's an easy one for me breh.

I'm not a vegan but it's a fact the food and drug industry exist for one reason only: to make MONEY.
So yes, personal anecdotes > studies
>>
>>36073759
>21 studies published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition this year. It found that, "Saturated fat was not associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke or coronary vascular disease."

Just thought i would post this again as you have trouble reading
>>
>>36073681
You better run, egg.jpg
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-19-17-24-54.png (214 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-19-17-24-54.png
214 KB, 720x1280
>>36074109
Oh I can read just fine.
What about all those organisations that say saturated fats DO increase heart problems?
>>
Fucking awesome. Eat at least 2 tbsp a day. I use it to top up calories at the end of the day if I'm short but have hit my protein & carb limits.
>>
>>36072917
>so how do you explain that my heart rate is way high and I feel like dying after eating a lot of bacon on keto, yet I feel perfectly fine after eating avocados.

Maybe you are just genetically dispositioned to be a lesser male and have heart problems from eating bacon.
See Anon, I do cardio and I lift.
I can eat bacon as much as I want and it does not effect my blood pressure.
>>
>>36072917
It's not that simple. Avocados have saturated fat, and Bacon actually has more unsaturated fat than saturated fat.

1 avocado has about 29g of fat. That's about the same as 8.7 slices of bacon.

Your avocado has 4.3g saturated fat, 3.7g polyunsaturated fat and 20g monounsaturated fat.

8.7 slices of bacon will have 9.57g saturated fat, 3.78g polyunsaturated fat, 13.05g monounsaturated fat.
>>
>>36073624

Only true of polyunsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fats are just fine.
>>
>the entire world scientific community
vs
>a bunch of idiots on 4chan

Yeah, you should totally follow /fit/'s advice on saturated fats, they know better than stupid doctors, that's for sure.

Maybe when you get your next blood check and realize that you have a high cholesterol level you'll start to moderate the intake of saturated fats and do cardio. Protip: this will enhance your lifting performance too.

Meanwhile don't forget to eat 10 eggs, a steak, 1 glass of coconut oil and 1 gallon whole milk everyday.
>>
>>36074512
>8.7 slices of bacon will have 9.57g saturated fat, 3.78g polyunsaturated fat, 13.05g monounsaturated fat.
You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>36072917
Probably the difference in sodium, retard.
>>
>>36072917
Most of the fat in bacon is not saturated
>>
>>36072038
It's fucking great for anal sex, best lube there is.
>>
>>36075156
>21 studies published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition this year. It found that, "Saturated fat was not associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease, stroke or coronary vascular disease."

The scientific community says you are a fucking A grade retard mate
>>
>>36072917
that vegan guilt
>>
>>36075463

Wouldn't you have to warm it first?
>>
>>36072078
The 80s called they want their soccermom science back
>>
>>36074026
>like far out man dude weed lmao

Faggot
>>
>>36074340
>astroturf.com

Seems legit
>>
>>36072078
How is that overkill?
>>
>>36072113
>>36072186
>>36075156

https://examine.com/faq/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/
C'mon guys it's 2016, get your shit together
>>
I use it as lube to fuck my wife
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.