[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can I do 8+ dips at a bodyweight of 95kg but barely bench
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bench_press[1].jpg (88 KB, 482x434) Image search: [Google]
bench_press[1].jpg
88 KB, 482x434
Why can I do 8+ dips at a bodyweight of 95kg but barely bench 60kg?

What is this shit?
>>
Shit form l
>>
Why can I leg press 240kg for 10 reps full ROM calves touching hamstrings but I can't squat 100kg for 1 rep?
>>
>>31844422
weight isn't the same, the machine translates it (through a sled etc.) and it's actually less; something to the factor of 1.7x less

the thing with dips is, that I'm literally hanging there, pressing myself up and down and I weigh 95 fucking fatass kilograms.

But when I'm under a bar, I cannot for the life of me bench more than 60kg for five. Even with a fucking powerlifting arch and my ass raised off the bench

it's ludicrous

my arms are fucking long, granted, but come the fuck on

I can dip to parallel just fine
>>
>>31844444
>the machine
wat
>>
>>31844463
the leg press machine, motherfucker
>>
>>31844444
mirin quints
>>
>>31844422
You're also squatting your own bodyweight (minus your shins)+that 100kg of the barbell. and of course, consider the fact that the leg press sled is at a 45 degree angle, which results in that additional factor of 1.7.
>>
File: dexter dubs.jpg (35 KB, 454x344) Image search: [Google]
dexter dubs.jpg
35 KB, 454x344
>>31844444
>>
>>31844422

>>31846093
That's hardly the reason. My bet would be he hasn't learned to control the weight. Don't think about squat as a leg exercise, it should be a movement pattern you train. Any weak link makes for a bad, flimsy squat. Could be lowerback, abs, quads, hammies, etc
>>
>>31844402
90kg mass here pushing 130 kg, bodybuilding for 3 years (no steroids). Probably you are abit too weak
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.