[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Infuriating bro- and momscience, the uncompromising misconceptions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14
File: tonnin seteli.jpg (13 KB, 180x206) Image search: [Google]
tonnin seteli.jpg
13 KB, 180x206
ITT: Infuriating bro- and momscience, the uncompromising misconceptions of beginners, and dumb shit some people claim about training.

>talk to a guy couple of years younger than me in the gym the day before yesterday
>he is determined to become huge and ripped
>has little gym experience prior to the three weeks he has been training now
>knows very little about working out, but still firmly believes his currect style of training will take him far
>doesn't want to acknowledge that he has been progressing because of a thing called beginner gains, and that just doing whatever he feels like doing in every workout won't get him very far
>I try to correct some of his misunderstandings and promise to give him a program
>send him a pull-push-legs -program today morning and guarantee that it will work
>he thanks me and says he might do some of the stuff there
>tell him to follow the program and not try to customize it

>I see him again today at the gym
>he is still adamant that he will keep on working every single day, or at least six days a week
>he will keep on benching at least every second day and testing his max maybe every three workouts
>the program I gave him didn't have enough curls in it
>try telling him again that he can't keep on training like this, because his body doesn't have any time to recover
>"my gains speak for themselves", says lanky the guy who has been training a whole three weeks regularly
>ask him if he really thinks that his bench press 1rm will keep on rising like this; it has increased 12,5 kilos/28 lbs in the last couple of weeks, mostly due to the improvement of his technique, I'd wager
>it will, he claims.
>mfw
>>
>"you don't need to go to the gym to get fit, anon. We have 10 lbs dumbbells and an ab bench."
>>
>>35930567
>was 270 an obese
>am now 175 and mostly fit
>people constantly ask me for weight loss advice
>tell them to fast for 8 waking hours (16 hours total)

>b-but anon you shouldn't starve yourself! it is very unhealthy

yea, thanks for the health advice, fatfuck asking me how to lose weight.

>tell people they should avoid aerobic cardio when trying to lose fat, and stick to anaerobic cardio instead (sprinting or complexes)
>are you stupid, anon? everyone knows you need to jog to lose weight

also my niece was trying to talk to me about that all-fruit diet bullshit.. i didn't even know how to handle that level of stupid...

>>35931018
so much this.
or when people pretend that if you help them with their chores, you will make mad gains
>who needs to lift when you can just chop wood?
>>
>>35930567
Can you post the PPL routine you gave him? Or at least critique mine? Ive been lifting for 7 months

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):
Flat Bench Press: 3x5
Seated Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Bench Press: 3x5
Lateral Raise: 3x10
Rope Pushdowns: 3x10
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x10
Shrugs: 3x10

Pull (Back/Biceps):
Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns: 3x10
Low Rows: 3x10
Face Pulls: 3x10
Barbell Curls: 4x12
Incline Hammer Curls: 3x10

Legs:
Squats: 4x6
Lunges: 4x6
Leg Extensions: 3x10
Calf Raises: 5x10

PPLxPPx
>>
>>35931109
>anaerobic cardio

And the reason for this is? Just curious.
>>
>>35931149
HIIT burns more fat and speeds up metabolism, I personally like combining that and low intensity cardio though
>>
>>35931193
Is it detrimental if I do HIIT 7x a week?

15 mins on training days,
25-30 mins on rest days?
>>
>>35931149
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
(i know t-nation is hated here... it's a well cited article though)

increased cortisol levels make it harder to shed fat, and fucks with your thermogenic adaptation (the dreaded "starvation mode" normies think is a huge threat), which lowers your overall bmr.

instead you should just stay active all day (walking, standing or squatting, no sitting or lying down) to increase your thermogenic output (and thus your TDEE), and get your deficit primarily from diet.

barbell complexes as cardio is legit the #1 tool for body composition
>>
>>35931198
I'm not a health pro but I don't think theres anything wrong with that, but if it interferes with muscle recovery then trim it
>>
File: 1448127304803.png (201 KB, 432x391) Image search: [Google]
1448127304803.png
201 KB, 432x391
>>35931198
>Rest days
>More training
>>
>>35931198
depends on your goals man...

if you don't care for your lifts, and just want to shed fat, then sure.

otherwise i would limit it to 5 days a week.

>>35931193
LISS is overrated, but good..

i do like to do stretching/mobility work as a way to keep active, however
>>
>>35931208
What? I love t-nation. Why would anyone hate t-nation? Rippletits, Christian Thippytoes, Jim Wendler, Butt Contreras, etc all have articles posted there.
>>
>>35931133
Why no deadlifts?
>>
>if u work out more than 3 times a week for 60 minutes you will overtrain
>>
>>35931133
Do standing ohp, more core work. Also incorporate deadlifts into your leg day
>>
>>35931133
I made the program up myself, so it wasn't a ready program. It wasn't too different from the one you posted, although it included the deadlift. Because the only feat of strenght the guy cares about is the one rep max in the bench press and he just wants to gain as much muscle as possible, the program wasn't as much focused on strenght as would be wise. However, because you need to build strenght to build muscle, I kind of skeakily had some linear progression in the deadlift, bench press and squat, but rest of the progression I would've left up to him. However, like I told, he didn't start following the program and will end up overtrained and/or injured within some weeks.

I don't know what your goals are, but if you ask my opinion, you should start deadlifting. I would also replace lat pulldowns with weighted pullups, and discard leg extensions, replacing them with front squats. I'm not sure if front squats would fit in to your program without making some changes to it, as having both back and front squats in the same day might not be optimal. Also, having two kinds of curls - or perhaps curls at all - is a waste of time. If you want big biceps, start doing weighted chinups. Doing pronated curls for forearms I can understand, because they are one the hardest and peskiest bodyparts to grown, and although I advocate mostly sticking to big compound lifts, I do wrist curls and overhand curls to get my scrawny forearms growing. Other than that, curls are redundant in my opinion.

A minor change I might make in your program is to do the incline bench before the OHP. Tiring your shoulders before benching is not a good idea, because you don't want your tired delts starting to hinder your benching. This is just my opinion, and doing them the way you're doing them might be ok, I don't know. Also, I'm not sure if five sets of calf raises are really needed to get the job done.

Hope I could help.
>>
>>35930567
Look man, before you drive yourself mad.
Don't volunteer information unless people come to you. Anything you try to tell them, they'll just google 'Thors routine' and do cable presses instead, because
>"what the fuck do you know compared to a jacked Hollywood A-lister"

Who cares if he flounders for 2 years before coming to realise he's an idiot for wasting his time. That's pretty much how we all got started, some taking longer than others. He'll end up maturing as a person, or he'll look like shit for years and blame his genetics. Either way, it's not your problem anymore.
>>
>>35931565
You're right, it's not my problem, and I told him today that maybe he has to make a lot mistakes like I did in order to learn. However, I never trained every day for two hours or benched almost daily, and while he is an idiot, I'd prefer he didn't hurt himself by doing stupid shit like that.
>>
>>35930567
>helping people
Found your mistake op

Never ever give anyone advice unless they specifically ask you to your face about that specific thing and maybe not even then
>>
>>35931715
>I never trained every day for two hours or benched almost daily, and while he is an idiot, I'd prefer he didn't hurt himself by doing stupid shit like that.

You imply that training 2 hours a day is going to be harmful? I mean, seriously? Fucking millenials I swear
>>
>>35930567
I was once like you. Then I realized people are fucking retarded; so I let them find out the hard way. We've all fucked up, hopefully they don't end up hurting themselves in the process
>>
>>35931734
It is, if you have trained for three weeks, you have no program, you test your bench press max every three days and you don't train legs.
>>
>>35930567
Whatever. If he's eating enough, progressing and having fun with it I think that's great. Programming can come later, when he's stopped progressing. The real enemy is doing the same bullshit day in and day out without progressing. This kid is working hard and getting stronger, a lot of great lifters started doing retarded shit like maxing on the bench every single day.
>>
>>35931109
Ex-fatty too and have the same problem with fatasses asking for advice and ignoring it. Dunno if they're just wanting an excuse to talk or what.
>>
>>35931018
My mother once took this even further, and suggested I use a 2 liter soda bottle instead of dumbells.
>>
>>35931819
They get disinterested when they realise there's no easy way out.
Some people get genuinely psyched up, and lose weight as a result, so it is worth occasionally telling people who seem interested.
>>
>>35930567

Sounds like you should take advice from this 3wk gym noob. If hes already grinding this hard he will surpass you in no time.
>>
>>35931853
Dieting is so easy though, especially after you adjust and stop constantly craving junk food.

Is it that hard for them to make a minor lifestyle change?
>>
>>35931876
It doesn't seem minor from the other side.
>>
My sister and mom are spending hundreds of dollars on "juice cleanses" and believe that if they eat 1200 calories a day for 3 months they won't lose weight. And if they do lose weight, it'll be all muscle and no fat.

I asked them what would happen in a survival situation, they said "we'd just lose muscle"

I am so fucking done. I'll never give them advice again. I'll encourage them to be fat. Fuck you. I lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and I'm already around 15% body fat because I'm not a fucking idiot.

Also, no one in my entire believes calories in calories out. At all. They say their hormones put them in starvation mode and it's literally impossible to lose weight.

Tldr; my family breaks the laws of thermodynamics
>>
File: 1423759591131.jpg (53 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1423759591131.jpg
53 KB, 320x304
>>35931018
Talking with mom about trying IF
>Why don't you stop going to the gym at night and just get up at 5am and do a jog around the street?
"I enjoy my weights, and occasionally use the treadmills"
>Yeah, but you could do an early morning jog, your father used to do those
"I don't see anyone else volunteering for wake up at 4:30 and go for a jog at 5"
>Obviously I can't do it, look at the size of me
"You sure it's not to do with waking up before 7?, besides, why would waking up early and jogging for 15 minutes help more than jogging for 30 minutes at night?"
>At least you would get up early

>tfw night shift worker
>>
>>35931876
Look, if you lost weight it's obviously because you found out the secret to "That one weird trick".
Fatties hope that you'll finally share the trick with them. If that's not what they hear when they ask 'how you did it', they don't want anything to do with someone who holds out on them, or you're just lucky with super genetics, and it's not possible for them to do what you did, it's not as hard for you as it is for them.
>>
>>35931346
I honestly dont know what to believe anymore
>>
>>35931949
Pfft clearly they have MCOS, don't you know MCOS is the only thing in existence that creates mass out of nothing?
>>
>>35931109
I hear ya. Had the convo below before.

>omg anon, you look great. How did you get in shape
>ive been eating better and working out hard
>you don't need to be a sarcastic ass anon. I don't know why you need to lie to me about how you got in shape
>I'm telling you the truth
>find don't tell me, forget I even asked
>>
>>35932238
Do people seriously not believe that that's the way you get /fit/? I mean, I knew people actually believed some outrageous shit, but how do people believe that diet and exercise has no effect?
>>
>All of these people getting triggered by stupid people
Simply reply: Eat less, move more.
It's quick, easy, and if they don't understand they will never understand.
>>
>>35932285
>Not wanting to force them to understand
Fatties eat up tax values because of how they're destroying their health. I shouldn't have to pay for that shit. There should be forced boot camps for fatties.
>>
>>35932283
She was one of those

>6 am FB post
>major diet starting today. less than 1000k
>9 am FB post
>so hungry, a mountain dew and some skittles to keep the blood sugar level
>11 am FB post
>Chinese buffet for lunch
>2 pm FB post
>healthy fruit and yogurt pm snack
>5pm FB post
>yummy pizza for dinner
>8 pm FB post
>a little rum and diet to take the edge off after this long day

Rinse and repeat
>FB post
>I've been on this diet for over a week and gained weight, f it. Dunno why I am starving myself with so few calories

Of course her fatty friends chimed in with the "diets don't work" "everything in moderation" "unrealistic goals"

I fucking cut her off
>>
>>35932439
It's like these people are anti-knowledge or something. For fucks sake, it makes me mad to know that people are being taught this stupid shit. I went from obese to a healthy weight (and I'm now thinking of starting to bulk) and it makes me furious to think that people believe this fucking nonsense. I just wanna grab hold of one of their fifteen flabs of stomach and yell at them that they can fucking change if they wanted to.
>>
>>35931284
T-Nation's quality is all over the place. It's not inherently bad, but there's both good and bad articles.
>>
>>35931977
"That one weird trick" actually exists.
It's called lifting weights. It's not as exhausting as cardio, doesn't take as much time per week to progress, fatties can do it, and it builds muscle, which in turn increases your maintenance TDEE.
>>
>>35932530
No, anon. "That one weird trick" is supposed to be eating a different kind of bread or drinking cucumber water. Nothing that requires real effort.
>>
>>35932588
B-but lifting weights is fun. It's no effort at all :(
>>
>>35932625
>no effort

lift heavier weights, faggot.
>>
>>35931951
>living with your parents
>underage

Pick both.
>>
>>35932679
That's the fun part desu :(
>>
>>35932625
>It's no effort at all

Are you doing one set of 50 reps of five pound dumbbell curls or something? Lifting weights feels great, but it sure as hell isn't easy.
>>
>>35932868
Fun equals easy desu
>>
>>35932868
Most of the time it's easy in the sense that it requires no forcing yourself, nor does it feel like an obligation or a chore. Although I lift heavy, I look forward to going to the gym and enjoy pushing my body to its limits.
>>
>>35932530
>>35932588
>>35932625
>>35932679

DNP
>>
>>35933038
How does DNP promote weightlifting?
>>
>>35933038
In order for it to work, even DNP requires knowledge of diet and strict adherence to a routine.
>>
OP ABCxABC 6 times a week push pull legs is mastergainsmode!! by bench went from 90kg to 120kg in 3 months. Had decent 1 year of lifting under the belt with 3 times a week push pull legs
>>
>run into mom/her latest husband at mall, we're talking about fitness and sups
>husband is lanklet
>mom has let thyroid condition+pleasure eating get the best of her
>mom's Dr has said she's at risk for the diabeetus if she doesn't cut back
>lanklet husband tells me I'm wasting my money taking whey/creatine
>says he's tried every sup but just can't put on weight
>claims to be some kind of fantastic human anomaly
>"I don't understand why he can eat so much and not gain weight but I can't!"
>"his metabolism is just crazy!"
>muh metabolisms
>CHORUS CUE MEEEETAAABOLISSM
>FAST/SLOW
>METABOLISM
>METABOLISM!
>E
>T
>A
>B
>O
>L
>I
>S
>M
>>
>>35933783
Well, you atleast had lifted for a year, and the things you did six times a week made sense. This is not the case here. By the way, how much did your weight increase in these three months? How about your gains in deadlifts and squats? Just curious.
>>
>>35932490
You think this is bad? Try studying food science. That is true suffering. I see misinformation on TV. I see misinformation on Facebook. I see misinformation in online cooking communities. I see misinformation in non-food related SCIENCE TEXTBOOKS! No seriously, I had an O Chem textbook that repeated the MSG allergy myth. And trying to correct people or educate yourself is insanely difficult, because the misinformation is so widespread that you can find seemingly authoritative sources (and even things that are normally good sources!) spouting outright bullshit, so that it often feels like the only way to recognize what is or isn't true is to already know it.

But obviously you can make similar complaints about fitness. There's a whole other layer of awfulness to this. Let me put it this way: as stupid as the people featured in this thread are, at least they aren't aware of their own ignorance. They think they know what they're talking about, they're just wrong. They don't make their ignorance a point of pride. Because that's exactly what people who freak out about "chemicals" in food are. "Chemical" just means any substance I, personally, am not familiar with. Same with "processed." Sure, there are food additives you should avoid (like excessive amounts of sugar, HFCS or otherwise) and processes that strip food of a lot of its nutritional value, but basing your choices on feels is idiotic. That's how you end up with people who refuse to eat processed cheese because "Ewwww, gross, I don't want that in my body!," but see nothing wrong with drinking 3 sodas a day as long as it's an expensive boutique brand made with "real" sugar.
>>
>>35931133
Replace pull downs with pull ups, if you can't do pulls up do assisted pull ups
>>
>>35934498
>but basing your choices on feels is idiotic.

Fuck yeah. That's why I eat roadkill, rats, cats, dogs and human meat all the time. Fucking normies all actin like I'm the dum one. Bitch food is food, get outa my face faggot.

I hate when a post starts off good then ends with a hypocritical bs emotional rant.
>>
File: 1393180109893.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
1393180109893.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>35936805
But I can give perfectly reasonable explanations for why I don't eat any of those things. PLEASE tell me you're not actually this stupid, and can understand the difference between an additive with decades and decades of safety research behind it, and roadkill?
>>
File: but that's wrong.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>35931872
found the DYEL.
>>
>>35937034
>Meat is good, unless it came in contact with a car, in that case it magically turns disgusting and bad
>>
>>35934498

Thanks. You actually know what you're talking about. I have a medical degree and I'm the same. Family memeber chimes in how they heard that eating 1tsp of cinnamon per day can boost your metabolism and similar bs like that. The basics are caloriesin<calories out and weightlifting to preserve muscle. Once you have those two things down then come back to me with your gluten-free diets for non-coeliac's and wonder cinnamon-snorting fads
>>
>>35930567

>the /fit/ avenger strikes again
>>
>>35932530
>one weird trick
>lifting weights
>not as exhausting as cardio

I don't know about anyone else but when I do my squats, especially when I'm feeling strong and throw in an extra set or two, I feel like I just sprinted an entire mile. Heavy breathing and all. Distance runner here.
>>
>>35931133
>not deadlifting
>making it

Choose one
>>
File: 1453334528053.jpg (150 KB, 497x470) Image search: [Google]
1453334528053.jpg
150 KB, 497x470
>>35931133
Baby weight lifts focused on almost completely shitty accessories and machines. Congrats, you basically taken the random shit people do when they first start the gym and organize it into 3 days, then continue to do it for 4 months longer than most people until they realize they need a program and find one.
>>
>>35932439
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

good for you paipai
>>
>>35931841
Divorce your mom
>>
>>35937970
YAWN.
>>
>>35930567
The only one I get from friends that don't work out regularly but come along for one day

>You have to breathe during the lift
>>
File: 1430441805487.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1430441805487.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
>cheat day
>>
>>35936726
not that dude but I think it depends. I feel it way more in my lats the next day when I do lat pulldown than when i do pullups.
>>
>>35934352
I hate this too.
I just reverted to saying "yeah, it can be fast, but that only makes it harder. It's not impossible for you to gain weight, it's just hard."
>>
Everyone at my work is trying to lose weight.
Coworker #1
>went on an extremely low calorie diet, had to have B12 shots
>lost 25 lbs.
Yeah it was successful so far but damn, seems a bit excessive. May have been for health reasons though so I won't judge.
Coworker #2
>listens to hypnosis recordings to lose appetite
I have no face for this. She's really into paranormal and mystic stuff, no surprise I guess.
Coworker #3
>The worst, falls for the juice cleanse and fat blocker memes you see being sold on Facebook.
I keep explaining that at best they're snake oil, at worst they may be harmful. (I've heard the fat-blockers give you nasty, greasy shits which sounds sexy)
>>
>>35931730
This is true
>>
>>35931734
You have to be well over thirty to not be a millenial bud
>>
>>35930567
I know a guy just like this. I keep telling him to get on a proper routine to get stronger and yet he's been doing his shitty split for like half a year with barely any improvement.
>>
>two
>point
>two
>p
>per
>g
stop making these poor noobs eat at roid levels of protein
>>
>>35934498
>made with "real" sugar
Oh man, the lmaoing I did when this became a thing like somehow sugar was better than HFCS... fuck
>>
>>35930567

the only thing worse than pajeets in the gym are fucktards like you giving unsolicited "advice".
>>
>>35937286
If you could assure me that the meat came from an animal that you were sure had no diseases, and was quickly butchered before it rotted (and had proof) I would have 0 problem with it.

But until that happens, I'll take my steak from ranchers.

Human meat will fucking kill you, cat and dog meat isn't around but I wouldn't fucking care about it as long as, like previously stated, it was from a reliable source of clean meat.
>>
>>35937034
>>35937286
There's literally a call list for the state police to alert people when a relatively intact deer is found in my state
>>
File: Congealed Fat.jpg (86 KB, 736x985) Image search: [Google]
Congealed Fat.jpg
86 KB, 736x985
>>35938810
>I keep explaining that at best they're snake oil, at worst they may be harmful. (I've heard the fat-blockers give you nasty, greasy shits which sounds sexy)
I took those before I saw the light of /fit/

Ever opened a can of beans and bacon or something, and saw that bright orange film at the top?

Your toilet looks literally exactly like that.
>>
>>35931715
You're actually a really good person anon. Wish I coulda had someone like you there for m first gym experience. No-homo.
>>
>>35932439
Jesus fucking Christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>35938725
I think this largely depends on what exactly somebody considers acceptable for a cheat day. I myself have one, but all I do differently is replace a meal with one that's a little more indulgent, and that's only if I feel like it.

People that think they can gorge themselves on whatever the fuck they want on their cheat day are the idiots.
>>
>>35938991
Looks like a intense game
Of Agari.o anon.
>>
>>35938928
The HFCS crap is hilarious to me too. It's so transparently that stupid sort of bargaining people do with themselves where they justify bad decisions by swearing off something they've decided is worse, as if that somehow undoes whatever harm they're causing. Like a girl who cheats on her boyfriend but tells herself it's not that bad because she only gives head, unlike that slut Hannah who constantly lets random guys stick it in her butt

>>35938725
>>35939209
>People that think they can gorge themselves on whatever the fuck they want on their cheat day are the idiots.
The real reason fat people are fat is because they don't know how to eat reasonably. They tell everyone counting calories doesn't work because they vastly underestimate how much they eat. They claim it's impossible to keep the weight off because they go back to their old eating habits the moment they start seeing real results. So of course when they're introduced to the concept of "cheat day" they decide it comes 3 times a week means they can eat 4500 calories in a day. There's nothing wrong with the occasional cheat day. Just don't be an idiot about it.
>>
>>35931734
for complete noobs i would say it is. if you're intermediate+ then it's fine IMO
>>
>>35933038
DNP is legit a magic pill but it isn't for fatties with no discipline. you still need a shitload of knowledge on it before you even think about buying it.

plus you still need to be in a deficit and workout which fatties know nothing about.

>i just started taking this fat burner called DNP!
>now i can eat 3 pizzas a day and still lose weight!
>it's not working...i guess ill take 4 more pills
>Top News: Fatty Dies While Eating Pizza Due To A New Fatloss Drug: DNP
>>
>>35937286
Meat that you find lying on the road for an indeterminent amount of time is bad for you. I guess if you hit the deer yourself it would probably be fine provided you were willing to cancel what ever plans you currently had to butcher it at home.
>>
>>35940049
>/fit/
>has plans

kek, welcome newfag
>>
>>35939652
The neighbors smelt roast pig coming from the victims kitchen for the past three days but didn't take any action because it was normal. They finally called 911 when they hadn't smelt any pie in that time.
>>
>>35940065
Poor you.
>>
>>35931109
Iktf, 178 down from 220 and fat family try and correct me when counting calories. Its like taking advice on how to run fast by a cripple
>>
File: what.gif (465 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
465 KB, 500x288
>>35930567
>counting calories doesn't work
>why are you eating so much protein
>fruit juices are healthy
>mfw people seriously believe this
>>
>>35940296
You say that but people with prosthesis can be fast as fuck.
>>
>>35940345
>>35940296
>Counting calories doesn't work
>Which is why those who do are much healthier than me
FUCKING FLAWLESS LOGIC
>>
>>35931872

My prediction, he will hurt his shoulders using poor form trying to max bench and end up sidelined soon.
>>
>>35940364
It just an excuse for laziness
They want to fail because its hard
>>
File: 1433191086274.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433191086274.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>35940081
kek
>>
>>35940393
>>35931872
As someone who's fairly new to lifting, how many days in a row should you workout? Because I just don't feel like I'm giving it everything if I'm not there every day...
>>
>>35940364
They dont say not to do it but they say shit like "900 calories is fine for dinner! Spaghetti is healthy for you!"
>>
>>35940421
Are you a utter noob?
Are you doing SS? Then 3 days, if you aren't exhausted then you're still not near your upper limit - but you'll get there

Once you get used to it throw in a day of cardio
>>
>>35940452
>Are you an utter noob
Yes
>Are you doing SS?
No
>>
>>35940471
What are you doing then? SS with some more upper body stuff is a solid beginning program

SL/5x5?
>>
File: 1447692787084.png (111 KB, 272x245) Image search: [Google]
1447692787084.png
111 KB, 272x245
>>35940490
>I have no routine
>I have no fucking hope
>Never gonna make it
>I'm exactly like the person in OP except I'm not smug about it
>>
>>35939538
I dont do cheat days when cutting because I dont want to ruin the last day or twos worth of deficit in one day
>>
File: Motivation005.jpg (76 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
Motivation005.jpg
76 KB, 310x400
>>35940527
>I have no routine
I gave you SS, go read the sticky
>I have no fucking hope
Nope
>Never gonna make it
Nope
>I'm exactly like the person in OP except I'm not smug about it
You can change that anon

I'm off to work - make a choice faggot
>>
>>35932285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck
>>
>>35940528
Obviously if you have the discipline to stick with it all day erry day you should. But I know I sure as hell don't, and I'd rather occasionally set myself back a couple days than burn out.
>>
>>35938639
>no deadlifts
>no barbell OHP
>4x6 squats
>6 fucking accessory lifts on his push day out of 7
>Half of his pull day targets biceps
>way to much volume to actually lift heavy weights
>PPLxPPx
Routine is retarded and focuses too much on dumbells and cables
>>
>>35940597
That's the way I like to think about it. Less of throwing your cut away more like 6 steps forward an one step back (if you cheat day every week)
>>
File: 1453421357286.jpg (75 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1453421357286.jpg
75 KB, 480x336
>>35940081
>>
>>35940674
>>35940597
Guess im more disciplined than most people then, I no longer think of food as a reward but as the nutritional value it can give
>>
>>35940710
Ehhh I've never been a reward-myself-by-eating type person even when I was permabulking in my younger days, but I've never denied the fact that a good meal is just something that I love. For example, I've got a trip to Italy coming up soon and even though I've already started my cut for summer you can bet I'm going to eat some good meals. I'd much rather have the pelasure/experience/memories of those good meals than only the smug feeling of sticking to my cut ya know? Different strokes I guess
>>
>>35931734
It will get you into overtraining very quickly, you delusional lunk.
>>
>>35940527
There's this thread here
>>35940159
Where the first and second pics are pretty good SS+ accessories routines. I'd reccomend them
>>
>>35930567
>you need to eat more anon
>NO! butter is bad for you
>>
>>35931198
Yes. High intensity training should be performed 1-3 times a week max. Once a week for noobs. People will do it loads of times a week and that just overloads your endocrine system, and risk of injury will skyrocket.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (29 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
29 KB, 453x439
>>35931133
>no barbell ohp
>no deadlifts
>no pullups
>no cleans
>10 milion bro isolations
>fucking 4x6 squats
It's shit, consider an hero
>>
>>35940787
No it won't. Many athletes (beginner, Intermediate, and advsnced) train 5 to 6 times a week. Some train multiple times a day at the elite level.

Over training is exceedingly rare. It isn't just being tired and lacking motivation. It's a metabolic state where recovery is impeded.

I would bet a thousand dollars that no one reading this right now has ever even been close to overtraining.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.