[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Who here on /fit/ is a vegan? If you are, I want you to explain to me why you are, and why others should become vegan.

To those of you who are not vegan, why are you not vegan (besides taste reasons), and do you feel like being vegan is rational?
>>
oh boy, another fucking vegan thread today
>>
>>35738430

OP here, I haven't been on /fit/ for awhile so excuse me if this is a regular thread topic. I'm just really curious to hear peoples responses.
>>
I'm not a vegan nor do I think I will ever become one. Humans, being the most cognitive and sentient organisms on earth, also display the most compassion (at least most) which is why many feel the need to go vegan. The reality of it is, life on earth is no more special than death. The two are mutually just as important in establishing a well balanced community of life. Also, humans are not the only organisms to brutally murder and kill other living things. For example, male dolphins are frequently know to kill female dolphins offspring in order to mate with them because females do not usually mate with males prior to conception. For those of you who wont eat meat or use animal products because of the way it is produced, I respect that. However, if you don't eat meat because you don't like the thought of animals dying, you are in denial.
>>
>vegans who do vegan shit because they believe its better nutrition
Whatever
>vegans who are vegans because HURRR SAVE LIFE ANIMALS R PEOPLE
Literally retards
>>
>>35738425
THREAD PREDICTION BOYS:

>20 replies of meat eaters defending what they eat
>20 replies of vegans defending what they eat
>nothing is achieved
>another vegan /fit/ post
>>
Hooray. Yet another vegan thread. Some vegans get to spout out their ideological, rock-eating bullshit. Some meat-eaters get butthurt and retaliate. A bunch of shitty vegan body builders are posted. Everyone replies saying they look like shit. And the fucking cycle continues. I'll see you in tomorrows vegan thread you absolute slack jawed faggots.
>>
File: 1453130418516.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1453130418516.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
Anytime I think about becoming vegan, all I have to do is look at this picture.
>>
>>35738635

But he hasn't been vegan for 10 years. He achieved his shit physique on a normal meat diet.
>>
File: 1379682016781.jpg (51 KB, 840x672) Image search: [Google]
1379682016781.jpg
51 KB, 840x672
>not eating meat but doing droids.
>>
>>35738660
>doing droids
>>
>>35738652
It's not even about his physique. His strength is a joke
>>
The whole showing videos of animal abuse in slaughterhouses is a bit much. I visited a slaughterhouse after watching some hippy vegan propaganda. They did everything by the book and used anisthesia. Not all of them are filled with rednecks who kick and slit the throats of animals. Even the ones with fish are absurd. The tuna they always showed getting killed isn't how its done. They drive a spike right into its brain as fast as they can. When fish are frightened they release a compound that fucks up their taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1136x640
>>35738425
Vegan here.
I'm a vegan because I'm a fucking pussy who can't afford a car that comes standard with leather seats. When I was a child, my father look me hunting. He shot Bambi's dick off and since then, I knew I would grow up to be a vegan. I had to live as my parents forced me to eat meat. When I was old enough, I turned my back to them and their barbaric ways. I now live a healthy life and I have no more burden on my conscious. I still workout, but barbells are made from animal products. Instead, I bring my own intervention rifle to the gym and I power clean that. I'm so vegan that when I beat my chest, the sheer force causes my pecs to explode rainbows. Join us. We have Doritos and Mountain Dew since those are vegan.

http://youtu.be/BmrSZTnKO_0
>>
I'll try to explain my own reasons for possibly wanting to go vegan. I haven't yet and am still an avid meat eater but I understand the motivation.

Animal products are bad for you. Meat is nice because it tastes good and it is a far more complete source of protein but it is high in saturated fat and increases rates of cancer. inb4 anyone who will say saturated fat is bad for you; whether or not it's bad for the average person, I am genetically prone to high cholesterol and at age 26 already have high levels. For people like me saturated fat spurs cholesterol production. I don't even need to go into dairy... extremely inflammatory, which in appreciable amounts is intimately related to many age-related diseases, namely muscle wasting, the breakdown of collagen in the skin, alzheimers, many cancers, etc... most meat is also pretty inflammatory. Fish stands out as a potently anti-inflammatory food, however, thanks to the omega-3s.

On the other hand, plant products tend to be generally healthy and anti-inflammatory. As long as you're not an idiot about nutrition. An idiot will be unhealthy carnivorous or otherwise... I once had a vegetarian roommate who constantly touted the advantages of being vegetarian but ate pizza every day.

Beyond that, you have to remember that the body goals of fit are of a minority and that most people in the world don't share our extreme dietary demands. Many of us eat meat because it's the most economical way to meet our protein needs, but honestly I don't see myself doing it forever. I lived in Thailand for a while and wasn't shopping for myself because I had no kitchen so I found it really hard to get more than 100 grams of protein daily. Whey was about twice the cost over there too. I was worried I would lose all my muscle mass but guess what? After 4 months I kept most of my muscle. You don't have to eat as much protein or calories as you think. I'm mesomorphic though, not a hard gainer, so it's easy for me to say.
>>
>>35738425

Also the way you demand that vegans explain why other people should become vegan is really fuckin weird. It's like you believe that any worthwhile philosophy or nutrition program should include a system for demonizing others and self-propagating. Or that it has to rational. surreal.
>>
Man, people the only thing worse than whiny vegans is the people that whine about whiny vegans.
>>
Daily reminder that if a vegan tries to argue with you, the best retort is 'I don't care'. No matter how good they think their argument is and no matter how much they think their moral compass is the only correct one, there is no beating it.
>>
Being vegan is the ethical decision bc animals deserve the right to their own life

Im not vegan tho so idk
>>
>>35738890

But who are you to decide what animals deserve or how important life is for them or humans? If humans weren't supposed to eat animals, why are we so able and willing.
>>
>>35738890
Giving rights to non reasoning creatures is nothing but pure narcissism, is playing god at it's finest.
>>
>>35738923
>>35739030

What the fuck are you retards doing? Dude said he wasn't a vegan and you still want to argue with him. Sad as fuck.
>>
Mostly because it's healthier/cheaper for me. The fact that it's unethical and terrible for the environment helped but I probably wouldn't have gone vegan if there were no health benefits to veganism. It was also a much easier switch for me than most people because I never liked chicken and only liked beef if it was a burger. I also love Indian and Thai food, which both have a lot of vegan options.
>>
>>35738425
No, being vegan is way too restrictive and I like having options when I go out to eat with friends.
>>
>>35739030
>vegans are narcissistic
You got it backwards. Having empathy for others is the opposite of narcissism and most of the human population gives rights to animals. Pic related.
>>
>>35739194
Look at OP's pic. If you don't think vegans are narcissistic, you're a fucking moron. Hippies get off so hard on being so self righteous.
>>
>>35738425
DO YOU REALLY MEAN 'VEGAN' OR DO YOU MEAN 'STRICT VEGETARIAN'???????!?!?!?!?!?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35739208
What meme is this?
>>
>>35738600
>20 replies of meat eaters defending what they eat
>20 replies of 1-2 vegans samefagging it up pretending like veganism has anything other than extreme niche appeal
ftfy
>>
>>35739194
No you retard, Empathy is the experience of understanding another person's condition from their perspective, for that you need to have a relationship with a being that also has the gift of reason.

Animals don't have it, now we can develop affection for them but that's another. thing. Animals aren't like us, we are above them don't blame me, blame evolution and the darwinian rules.
>>
>>35738923
>But who are you to decide what animals deserve or how important life is for them or humans? If humans weren't supposed to eat animals, why are we so able and willing.
My point is that we *aren't* to decide how important life is for animals, and that's why we shouldn't kill them. It has nothing to to with our ability to do so

>>35739030
Animals have plenty of reasoning, the are conscious and aware of what's going on. Therefore it is not our place to end their lives

Again, like I said, I'm not vegan, i dont know why oyu motherfuckers jumped on me
>>
>>35739215
All you cunts going on about 'vegan' this and 'vegan' that and NONE OF YOU FUCKING KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VEGAN AND JUST VEGATARIAN!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>35739233
That's not reasoning you troglodyte animals act on intuition.
>>
>>35739234
Vegan - no animal products
Vegetarian - no meat

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>35739255
Animal can feel pain, they are conscious, and they make decisions = it's wrong to kill them
>>
File: 1439087316412.gif (561 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1439087316412.gif
561 KB, 500x281
>>35739272
>he thinks animals have free will

Are vegans this stupid?
>>
>>35739268
NEWS FLASH:
THERE ARE NO FUCKING VEGANS ON /fit/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>35739277
You think animals are incapable of making decisions and feeling pain?
>>
>>35739301
You have to be baiting me, of course they can feel pain they count with a nervous system after all.
>>
I'm mostly vegan, fully vegetarian. It fucking sucks, I'm not gonna lie. I eat the same food all the fucking time. However, I feel that factory farming is wrong and don't want to financially contribute to it. I love animals, love my pets, and feel for the animals that live and die to become a product. As a capitalist though, I can't argue that there should be extensive laws banning it.

There aren't a lot of vegans like me. Many are completely retarded.
>>
>>35739330
Ok, then it's wrong to inflict pain on them and it's wrong to take their lives. I don't know why the fuck you brought up free will
>>
>>35739360
Why is it wrong? Without regurgitating this:
>Animal can feel pain, they are conscious, and they make decisions = it's wrong to kill them

what makes it "wrong", betty spaghetti anon?
>>
>>35739370
Because a conscious animal has the right to its own life, and because we can easily survive without killing them so we should do so
>>
>>35739370
I retract my betty spaghetti comment, as you're not vegan or whatever.
>pic related
>>
>>35739232
Even if you're warped definitions were true, my decision to go vegan was also influenced by my empathy for other humans. Meat consumption is destroying the planet and it will soon be inhospitable for us unless we start using more sustainable food sources. Don't like it? Blame evolution and the darwinian rules.
>>
>>35739370
Not the guy you're replying to, but I don't think it's wrong. I just think it sucks for them and I can survive just fine without it so why do it?
>>
>>35738425
>>35738457
Lurk moar faggot
>>
Every time I think about going vegan I think about durianrider posting his max bench and thinking it was impressive.
>>
Never plan to go vegan, but I make sure I dont let meat ever go to waste. I give friends the shit if they dont finish their meat.
>>
>>35739393
No it doesn't.
No one has a right to anything unless someone says they do.
And WE are the species that gives that animal or animals that right.

Rights are entitlements you give yourself or someone gives you.

Fuck, I don't even have the right to live.
I mean, one of us could die tomorrow.

I'm not saying "hey lets kill some animals and make them suffer and shit," and I *do agree* with you somewhat, I just don't want to give up steak and burgers and chicken because I'm selfish, desu senpai.

If I could reliably get synthetic animal proteins that come in the forms of food (that won't give me cancer and taste alright), i'd do it for sure.
>>
>>35739467
>I'm selfish
At least you're willing to admit that you're narcissistic. All these other meat eating anons are you just lying to themselves.
>>
>>35739497
>are you just lying to themselves.
I don't even know how to explain that typo. I guess that means it's time to sleep...
>>
File: Gym5.png (190 KB, 442x1013) Image search: [Google]
Gym5.png
190 KB, 442x1013
I'm vegan because I genuinely feel healthier eating plant based foods.

Couldn't give a shit about the animals desu just in it for health reasons and because it costs like half the price of buying meat like chicken breasts and lean mince.

Still get around 110-140g of protein a day and also soy protein isolate costs like $10-$15 a kilogram and is the exact same macros as whey protein isolate.
>>
File: CFty75SVAAAS8sg.png (616 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
CFty75SVAAAS8sg.png
616 KB, 532x800
>>35738425
>why are you not vegan
I'm not a vegetarian, because it's expensive as fuck to balance a proper diet for a 200-240lbs male lifter without the use of meat.

I'm not a vegan because I'm not mentally ill.

> do you feel like being vegan is rational
About as rational as body integrity identity disorder or allodoxaphobia.
There is nothing these poor people can to about it and they should get help.
>>
>>35738635
>10 years into lifting and he gives you this look
>>
File: Milhouse_Van_Houten_2.png (53 KB, 218x300) Image search: [Google]
Milhouse_Van_Houten_2.png
53 KB, 218x300
>>35738574
This anon here is right.
>>
File: 4.png (102 KB, 221x239) Image search: [Google]
4.png
102 KB, 221x239
>>35740425
>soy
>>
File: 1451245006159.jpg (31 KB, 352x426) Image search: [Google]
1451245006159.jpg
31 KB, 352x426
>>35740562
it's really not more expensive, in fact, it's cheaper. what's wrong with you?
>>
File: 1430286560621.jpg (140 KB, 1024x804) Image search: [Google]
1430286560621.jpg
140 KB, 1024x804
oh god, please dont give these retard threads any more attention, just let them fade away. Are you a vegan? No? Interested in this backwards nutrition path? No? Then please, just ignore the threads when you see the weird half-alien in the OP pic. Please anon, this shit pops up every day and brahs fall for it with 100+ replies, its so sad.
>>
>>35738783
fuck those montage shits
I can't watch them. It's too painful
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.