[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smokers of /fit/, how do you do it? I know you are out there.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14
File: Lady-Smoking-blackwhite.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
Lady-Smoking-blackwhite.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
Smokers of /fit/, how do you do it?

I know you are out there.
>>
I live for a good smoke. The day I quit will be the day I die, and it doesn't bother me one bit. There are two rules I have though.

1) lots of cardio. I know it doesn't "balance out" the smoking, but it does make you feel good. no cardio + smoking = brutal mornings and general shitty feelings

2) manage cravings. this is more a series of rules like no smoking in the car, or only one in the morning. the biggest is with others never say "gotta go smoke, be back", that kind of compulsion is extremely unattractive. however, waiting until the right time and being caught "oh anon I didnt know you smoked" makes panties fall like the Berlin Wall.
>>
File: 1401918663973.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1401918663973.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>35698015
i only average about a pack per week, mostly smoking when i'm out at the bar. if i notice that smoking becomes a compulsion or craving then i'll force myself to cut back. i stopped taking 'em to work with me a few months ago and don't even miss it. i like a cigar from time to time too.

i don't expect i'll ever quit completely, but maintaining moderation is important to me.
>>
it doesnt affect my lifts, but completely destroys any chance of doing any cardio, which is bullshit because i want to get into boxing. will have to quit.
>>
One grape swisher a day broken up over the hole day no weed in it just straight.
>>
>>35698188
>smokers cant do cardio
Myth.

Look I was about as out-of-shape as a normal wieght person can be, smoking 2 packs a day and having absolutely no endurance. I managed to pull off couch to 5k. The first couple weeks were horrible, but eventually you break through.

I haven't tried to turn into some marathon runner, but I still have pretty good endurance. I also smoke about 1/4 as much as I used to (still a lot).
>>
>>35698015

i quit smoking cold turkey 6 days ago

its not easy but mb i can make it

i give myself a chance of 10% that i actually quit tho lol
>>
>>35698188
>>35698232
a buddy of mine in the marines smokes a lot and he's great at cardio, but he's also a lanklet so that probably helps a lot
>>
>>35698188
I smoke half a pack a day. I lift and then do liss for about 20 - 35 minutes depending. I sprint hills too. You're just lazy :>)
>>
ITT: Weak minded smokers who cant control shitty habits

Enjoy your weak lifts,shit cardio, yellow teeth, and cancer. Oh, that you're spending money on too.
>>
>>35698122
>>35698232
>>35698254
>>35698277

>they think getting your Heart rate up on a treadmill is going to stop this

Spending time and sweat to get /fit/ and/or aeshtetic only to engage in 'hobby' that ages your skin and rots you from the inside out

It's incomprehensible
>>
>>35698513

but you look so cool
>>
File: just_do_cardio_lel.jpg (50 KB, 404x306) Image search: [Google]
just_do_cardio_lel.jpg
50 KB, 404x306
>>35698513
>>
Daily reminder that addiction doesn't exist and you're just weak
>>
>>35698015
Just don't chain smoke.
I usually smoke on a big night out so maybe once a fortnight or so I might have a few on a night out. The secret is just don't fucking smoke the next day.
>>
File: we get it, you vape.jpg (181 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
we get it, you vape.jpg
181 KB, 1500x1000
Switched to an e-cig like two years ago when I decided to get fit. It feels a lot better and I don't miss the smell but now I get tagged in stuff like pic related on social media ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>35698015
I quit back in october 2014. Used to smoke 20 a day. The amount of money i´ve saved so far.
>>
I cut back to 3 or less a day, never smoke before or after gym to not fuck your circulation too bad, have something to do that isn't shitposting
>>
>>35698525
Lungs look good

Why dont we eat lung?
>>
>try smoking
>multiple times
>had no urge to smoke again
Whats the point?

At least weed makes you feel something
>>
>>35698513
I run outside because I'm not a hamster. I run 3 miles roughly after lifting heavy. I look great, people don't believe my age when I tell them. I really don't care what some judgemental Autismo thinks of my shitty vice. It is a bad habit. But, I like it, smoke away from people and throw my butts in a trashcan. My teeth re white because I brush them and use whiteners as needed. I don't smoke at work, I get compliments on how nice I smell.

So again, why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>35698015
started smoking at 15... smoked pretty much through my 20's...

haven't smoked regularly for maybe 15 years.

pretty sure I fucked up my brain and lungs but am thinking about starting using the Nic Patch for them cognitive gains..

seriously, smoking it proof you;re stupid..
>>
I never hit the gym without burning a fattie in my car, so idgaf about people plus huge mind-muscle connection
>>
Not a smoker, but there was a year run where I'd smoke a pack every Friday night at the local strip club. Everyone else did so why the fuck not, your clothes were going to smell like shit anyways.

It was good but I'd wake up with a sore throat and smelly fingers, feeling like shit in general. The effects were probably worse because I went from not smoking all week to smoking a full pack of Lucky Strikes in 3 or 4 hours.

They banned smoking in that state so I quit.
>>
>>35698015
Does one cigar a month count as smoking? I'm leaning towards no.
>>
File: 1445377415317.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1445377415317.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>35698015
>Inhaling the sun-dried jew
>>
File: Mid 90s.png (429 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
Mid 90s.png
429 KB, 500x434
>>35698015
>>35699045
>Promotes athersclerosis
>decreases testosterone and testes volume
>destroys facial aesthetics by destroying collagen in skin
>elevates carbon monoxide in bloodstreat cutting off oxygen to muscles

GTFO. You should know better.
>>
>>35699003
>I'd wake up with a sore throat and smelly fingers, feeling like shit in general
yeah that was the worst.

smoking is so overrated
>>
>started smoking at 17
>5 years late, i smoke a pack almost everyday
>cig before and after every workout
i think im a shitty person, now im going to go smoke.
>>
A pack last me about 3 weeks.

Idk if you can concider me a "smoker" but my view is I'm not planning on making it to 55 years old so fuck it
>>
This just happened to me last week

>Finish gym session, hit grocery store next door
>Having delicious post gym cigarette out front of the store
>Old lady and presumably grand-daughter walk by
>Old lady: "You look so athletic to be smoking!!"
>Smile politely and say thanks
> Simultaneously mired and insulted by old woman
>did I make it fit????
>>
>>35698015
I usually have only a few a day, one around.. 9:30am
Another around 12:30pm
Another about 3:30 pm
And another about 9:30 pm before bed

Weekends are another story tho
>>
>>35698015
I smoke about 1 to 4 cigs a week... Any more and usually I start to notice a slight cough when doing more intense cardio

I want to quit but holy fuck once a smoker always a smoker.. At least I'm down from 4 packs a week
>>
>>35698712
Easy now, Dr Lectre. Want me to call Jack Crawford?
>>
>>35699418
>"I want to quit"
No, you don't.
>>
I only smoke when I drink.

I used to be a pack a day smoker but I quit most of it when I got out of the military.

I still kind of regret picking up my first cigarette, but god damn it feels good to have a cigarette while you drink.
>>
Smoking evens everything out. Have too much to drink? A cigarette will bring you back off the ledge. A little too coked out? Cigarette calms everything down. Sad? It makes you happy. Too happy? Gives you a reality check.

Highly recommended for autists to be quite honest. When you feel a big sperg coming just fire up a cool smoke and ride it out.
>>
>>35699476
hello Philip Morris
>>
>>35698238
>i quit smoking cold turkey 6 days ago
>i give myself a chance of 10% that i actually quit tho lol

I quit cold turkey 11 years ago. I overcame by really deciding to be 100% successful

The secret is basically you have to confront yourself every cig, every drag, and replace cravings with honest, positive self-reinforcement. Also you have to destroy cigs- its demonstrating your power over it. You must also never ever think that smoking was or is good, you need to reverse engineer your thoughts to replace it with worst thing ever / always avoid.

Remember, if you smoke, you really have the thing that will kill you in your hands.

>35698232

As for smokers doing cardio, dude, no, they really can't. CO binds heme and your VO2 max takes a huge hit. You might have done couch to 5k, but that ain't saying shit. Can you do cardio? Sure, so can a fat guy. Imagine running with a rope tied around your waist towing a skateboard loaded with dumbbell weights. If thats your idea of living, to each their own....
>>
>>35699581
Ok. Again, why do you care so much? I run just fine and I look good. To each their own, indeed.
>>
>>35700158
#healthy at every smoke
>>
File: cigarette-packet-lighter-data.jpg (115 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
cigarette-packet-lighter-data.jpg
115 KB, 1500x1000
>>35698015
>how do you do it
light cigarette, inhale, rinse repeat etc
>>
>>35698759

>i like it

called addiction pal
>>
>>35699475
Same here.

From a pack a day to only drinking and special occassions like weddings, exams, outdoors with friends/trips.

Sometimes the carvings are too much though. I can manage most of the time but damn, sometimes you just gotta light one.
>>
>>35701199
i swear anti-smokers are the most anal people. whats so hard to understand about someone enjoying smoking?
>>
>>35698015
It's easier for non-smokers to get better at cardio, however it doesn't stall cardio. I stopped because of my coughing and mucus, but otherwise I've been unaffected. That cigarette after the cardio sesion when high is amazing.
>>
>>35698122
>waiting until the right time and being caught "oh anon I didnt know you smoked" makes panties fall like the Berlin Wall.

AHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHAHAHA

yeah right, what kind of girls are you even trying to pick up?

enjoy your lung cancer

never gonna make it
>>
>>35698122
Just recently quit

This made me want to start again

I can confirm smoking causes sex to occur
>>
>>35698712
I have. Too spongy for my liking.
>>
>>35698015
had last cig 1 month ago, felt like shit and recovery was getting slower, also everyone always said i stink of smoke.
>>
1 pack a week smoker, gonna cut back to drunk smoking when I get those deep voice gainz.
>>
File: Easyway.jpg (36 KB, 325x499) Image search: [Google]
Easyway.jpg
36 KB, 325x499
>2016
>Not using this allen carr's easyway

I have stopped since the 1st and its never been easier

Thank me later faggots
>>
>>35698730
when looking at other people is enough to make you angry and commit homicide smoking creates a temperate mask on your emotions. handy in public since i have extremely passive aggressive body language. also i fucking hate everyone/eveything
>>
>>35699129
Are you me?
>>
>>35699476
>just fire up a cool smoke and ride it out.

Sounds like a cross between Marlon Brando and the Marlboro Man
>>
>>35698155
this is exactly me
>>
>tfw went dancing with friends all year
>ended up smoking at least 4 cigarettes while drunk af
Can't deal with the guilt, I'm really sorry good ol body
>>
Smokers will say anything to justify it
The delusion in this thread is insane
>>
Took me about 7/8 months to stop smoking socially after I quit cold turkey. Haven't had a cigarette in 3 years, don't miss it at all. Worst bit is realising how badly you stunk.
>>
File: vape.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
vape.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>35698015
been smoking 15 years
I quit back in November 2014
now i love vaping
>>
>>35698155

Similar but less so.

Last time I smoked a cig was a month ago at my work christmas party (and I shared it with a grill). Time before that was on holiday in September.

I like the occasional cig, but that's all they are to me; an occasional treat. As a rule I don't buy them unless it's for an occasion like a festival or something.
>>
>>35698015
been free for 2 weeks now. feels great. i no longer spit all the time and dont feel like collapsing after a good run.
>>
>>35704005

that's not really quitting.
>>
>>35698015
i've smoked since i was 16, started with brown camel, but with time i changed to lighter cigarettes. One day i just stopped smoking, just went through those 1-2 craving days and went on with my life, the hardest thing was being around someone who smoked. I´m smoke free right now, i never crave for smoke, only when i'm drunk. Is it weird? and i've seen people trying to quit for 30 years, i'm 25 now btw
>>
File: needlemarlboro.gif (14 KB, 256x203) Image search: [Google]
needlemarlboro.gif
14 KB, 256x203
>>35704116
im aware that im addicted to nicotine
switching to vaping made my life quality so much better
i recommend vaping for any heavy smoker
>>
Guys, red pill me on e cigs.

I used to do them with nictoine, but now I am planning on buying an e cig with no nicotine, so basically water vapor and shit.

Am I in danger?
>>
>>35704282
Not danger, you just look like a massive pussy.
>>
>>35698730
this

Had a couple cigs when I went out with my friends last saturday and felt relaxed but haven't had the urge to start.
>>
>>35703438
You're a child. Grow up & learn to accept yourself and your place in the world.
>>
>>35704116
It removes 95% of the harmful effects of smoking, so who cares?
>>
>>35698015
Just quit after nine years. Been about 23 days without a cigarette. Cardio and sex drive are both up.
>>
Have had one pack since last January (2014)

Only half way through it

Smoke after sex every once in a while

Smoked with my oneitis when she was in town. My car still smells like her
>>
File: rudy-pocket-tee.jpg (191 KB, 463x608) Image search: [Google]
rudy-pocket-tee.jpg
191 KB, 463x608
Honestly, I love smoking. Even though I know it's fucking killing me. I kind of want to quit some days and then others I'm like ''fuck it, these things can kill me and it'll be worth it''
I thought about switching to vaping but I can't do it. They are fucking ridiculous. Everytime I see them I think about Colin Farrell's quote from True Detective ''Don't you ever feel like those things are smoking you?'' Or whatever it was. Vaping is worse than smoking imo. If I quit, it will be cold turkey.

>2016
>Not being a marlboro man
Then I realize they all died of cancer and shit
>>
File: f.jpg (11 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
11 KB, 305x165
>>35704005
>vaping
>>
>>35698122
But the Berlin Wall was up for 28 years.
You're still a virgin, aren't you?
>>
>>35698015
you can train up to pretty high levels while still smoking, but it will always be limiting your gains....such is life
>>
File: slide13.gif (158 KB, 720x486) Image search: [Google]
slide13.gif
158 KB, 720x486
>>35704282
glycerin , propylene glycol and nicotine
thats the liquid (not water vapor and shit)
dont even touch that if u are not a addicted smoker. There is absolutely no reason to vape liquid without nicotine. Vaping its harmful. About 1000 times less harmful than tobaco- still its bad for you
>>
>>35698015

Basically I have given up on cardio.
>>
>>35699476
Holy shit this
>>
>>35702523

girls that like to kiss ashtrays
>>
>>35704376
>vaping is harmful
[citation needed]
desu it's a good alternative to sweet cravings
>>
File: vape2.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
vape2.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>35704444
sweet craving ? just eat whole riped high quality
fruits or even dried fruits
dont use drugs to supress it
>>
>>35699581
>smokers can't do cardio
You are an excuse making bitch. Cardio improves vo2 max.
Kill yourself faggot.
It doesn't even matter how low your VO2 max is because you can literally just walk. There's no way in hell you're in such poor shape from smoking cigs that you can't even walk so stop whining. You sound like someone who read an article of and was like "SEE EVERYONE, THIS ARTICLE HAS MY EXCUSES!!!!" When that's all they are, excuses.
>>
with a lighter

what kinda question is that
>>
>>35700447
that foot shit cant be related to smoking
not cigarettes at least
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.