[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the symptoms of protein deficiency and how much protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What are the symptoms of protein deficiency and how much protein do I need? Ask 10 people, Get 12 answers.
>>
File: optimal-protein-intake.png (33 KB, 420x301) Image search: [Google]
optimal-protein-intake.png
33 KB, 420x301
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>35693749
>EA
>SA
East Asia? South Africa?
>>
>>35693691
"Sample Diets
Read the above articles, and decide whether you need to bulk (add muscle), cut (lose fat), or maintain.

Calculate your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) in calories

Bulking Diet:
Calories: TDEE + 500 calories
Protein: 1+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Maintenance:
Calories: TDEE
Protein: 1.25+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Adjust calories as needed based on your goals / results."
-The Sticky
>>
>>35693840
>2016
>Reading the sticky
gb2reddit
>>
>>35693749
why do you always link that clickbait instead of the actual study?

Also: Requirements are a minimum not a maximum.
>>
>>35693776
yes
>>
>>35694063
Awesome!
>>
>>35693776
Endurance Athlete and Strength Athelete

Please go back to grade school.
>>
>>35693952
>Requirements are a minimum not a maximum.
Would you like to look at that graph again?
>>
>>35693691
>Ask 10 people, Get 12 answers.

that's because:

- woman who doesn't lift needs X amount of protein / lbs and will tell you that you need 50g protons, any more and you will die from kidney failure before you're 90
- natty curlbro who lifts twice a week needs Y amount of protein / lbs and will tell you that you need 500g protons, any less and you will make zero gains
- supermutant needs Z amount of protein / lbs and will tell you that you need 300g protons, any less and you won't recover between 16 hour arm workouts

if you're natty, eat the amount cited in the studies and don't worry about all that shit.
>>
>>35695104
>500g protons
>300g protons
Potentially, there are safe consumption limits.. that being closer to 250g.. for many, much less.

Studies don't even list above .9 g/lb -- almost everything, much less (nothing above .75).
>>
>>35693691
Don't know. I eat around 180-200g of protein per day. I weigh about 185 pounds and I'm fairly lean.
>>
The International Society of Sports Nutrition:

In summary, it is the position of the International Society of Sport Nutrition that exercising individuals ingest protein ranging from 1.4 to 2.0 g/kg/day. Individuals engaging in endurance exercise should ingest levels at the lower end of this range, individuals engaging in intermittent activities should ingest levels in the middle of this range, and those engaging in strength/power exercise should ingest levels at the upper end of this range.

As far as saftey:

It is often erroneously reported by popular media that a chronically high protein intake is unhealthy and may result in unnecessary metabolic strain on the kidneys leading to impaired renal function. Another concern that is often cited is that high protein diets increase the excretion of calcium thereby increasing the risk for osteoporosis. Both of these concerns are unfounded as there is no substantive evidence that protein intakes in the ranges suggested above will have adverse effects in healthy, exercising individuals.

http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/8

2.0g/kg is .91g/lb or about 1g/lb for ease of conversion.
>>
>>35695334
>strain on the kidneys
>excretion of calcium
Except, the problem is supposedly urea.

>>High concentrations in the blood can be damaging.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.