[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've calculated I should be eating at a deficit of approx.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1452710371340.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452710371340.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
I've calculated I should be eating at a deficit of approx. 1150 to 1350 cals a day.

Should I still maintain the 1g of protein per 1lb of fat ratio well doing this? Are shakes still a good goto? They seem like a lot of cals for the amount of protein I get (what I have currently is 25g/230 cal)
>>
1:1 ratio is a bit of a waste, aim for 0.8:1
protein shakes are still good, but you should try and prioritise geting your protein from food

for example, today here are the goods I ate that gave me quite a lot of protein:
>1 can of tuna
>1 tub of Fage greek yoghurt
>125g halloumi
>2 egg omelette
> 100g of red and green lentils
>~50 ml whole milk

i havent botehred to calculate how much protein or calories I had today, but its a decent amount for me I think. on days where I feel that Im lacking in protein sources, then I have protein shakes
>>
lol 1150 calorie defecit a day? lol

Look man, at first you might think thats a good idea but
#1 you life will be hell and you will cave within 3 weeks, I promise you

#2 you could damage your organs with such a nourishment-lacking diet

The best way to lose weight is a defecit of no more than 500 calories, you will feel fine, good enough to train and it will be maintanable year round. If you lose more than 1.5 pounds a week you're doing it wrong.

As for protein requirements, most leaders in the field think that 1.3grams per KILOGRAM of body weight. So if you weight 50 kg, that would be 65 grams of protein a day. I find that number works fine for me in both maitenance of muscle on a cut and in putting on mass whilst bulking
>>
>>35669602
Thanks for the advice and example. I'm currently re-re-evaluating my diet, so I'll put more stock into the high protein foods.

Was planning to incorporate a lot of egg but completely forgot of the existence of lentils.
>>
>>35669757
lentils are an amazing substitute for dishes which would otherwise call for rice. you could have brown rice, but if you think you are getting too many carbs and not enough protein as it is, then substitute it for lentils. curries taste better this way imo
>>
>>35669754
I appreciate the concern/explainations. I may have worded OP poorly. I'm 5'5" and around 140 lbs (63kg?) so my understanding is that eating 1150 to 1350 cals a day is a 1-2 lb loss a week (did not mean to say that amount less).

Thanks for your help, Anon. I'm fresh from reading the sticky retarded at this, so your post has been very informative.
>>
>>35669908

Thanks again. I'll pick some lentils up on my way home today.
>>
>>35669942
cool

you wanna know how i know you're a girl?
>>
Should be 1g protein to 1lb lean body mass. Protein is definitely your priority when cutting. Don't eat tuna unless it's pure tuna. Most canned tuna has "vegetable broth" in it, which is just soy. Soy is Satan incarnate.
>>
>>35669387
>1150 to 1350 cals a day

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35670015
Is soy considered Satan because of high sodium content? I'll keep that in mind though, thank you.
>>
>>35670260
No, soy is Satan because it contains estrogen. And because it's murder on the environment I guess. Sodium being bad is bullshit, literally doesn't do anything to someone who is even of average health.
>>
Eat at least 2g protein/kg bodyweight, the more the better.
>>
>>35671146
What if OP is a girl?

Also, there are probably no scientifically evidenced effects of soy on males, especially that couldn't be neutralized by broccoli, brussels sprouts, and other estrogen-metabolizing foods.
>>
>>35671703
Honestly not sure how the estrogen in foods works, but I can't imagine eating any sort of foods containing hormones is a good idea in the long run.
>>
>>35672383
They aren't technically hormones.. There's apparently no evidence that they have any negative effects at all, including on testosterone and masculinity..
>>
>>35669387
>I've calculated I should be eating at a deficit of approx. 1150 to 1350 cals a day.
You've calculated WRONG then.
You only need to have a deficit of 500 or so. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>35673156
L
OP is probably a girl, faggot
N
D
O
N
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.