[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a friend who knows his shit (apparently) and he works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 788x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 788x697
I have a friend who knows his shit (apparently) and he works out full body every day. He's not on gear, and believe it or not, he got huge over the summer following this routine of his.

Im a beginner and I started doing full body every day and rest on the weekends, and i've seen amazing gains while bulking.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
Full body is fine for beginners. Once you hit the wall you will need to start focusing efforts.
>>
You're trying something new, outside of the crab bucket (is that the term?) mentality you see on our autistic polish guerilla tactic comparison board this is considered a good thing. Tell us how it goes in a few months, take before pictures
>>
>>35662022
Fullbody 5 days a week can work well. I've done it myself occassionally. You do need to be clever about it though. If you like to go really heavy every time, it's easy to run yourself into the ground once you've built up to lifting big boy weights.

>>35662056
>Full body is fine for beginners
Common misconception. A fullbody setup is THE most flexible way to train. I have no idea why so many people think that fullbody has to resemble Starting Strength in any way (not that I dislike SS).
I'm coming up on my 6th year or lifting and I still find myself coming back to the fullbody template often.
>>
>>35662079
I disagree with your assessment. Different goals require different routines. A full body workout can be the first step towards any goal, however once a certain level of physicality is reached a more appropriate program needs to be undertaken.

Going by op's picture I assume he is primarily interested in size, and all the legends did splits.
>>
>>35662127
I can come up with a fullbody setup with so much volume that it'll blow any bro-split out of the water. Not saying it'd necessarily be more ideal, and not hating on bro-splits either - but the point is that you can't say that "fullbody isn't appropriate" because of the simply fact that "fullbody" says NOTHING about what the training actually looks like.
>>
>>35662168
Again I disagree, and would like to appeal to authorities. Arnold does splits. Coleman does splits. Columbo did splits. Zane did splits.
>>
>>35662236

They also did grams of gear. If you're gonna copy one thing because its what the legends did, you may as well copy the whole thing.
>>
>>35662127
>OP's picture "going for size"
>This justifies a split.
>Picture is of an Olympic weightlifter.
>>
>>35662297
That is the second wall mate, we are just talking about the first one. Or that's the fifth and we are talking about the third. All about how you recon these things.
>>
post body with timestamp or it's BS
>>
>>35662079
What's a good full body routine you can do 5 days a week?
>>
File: come on now.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>35662022
>He's not on gear
> he got huge over the summer
>>
>>35662428
Well there point is that there are literally endless ways to set it up. The best approach would depend on a host of individual factors such as your current strength levels, strengths and weaknesses, what you've been doing recently, maxium recoverable volume etc.
But I'll give you an EXAMPLE of what I might do for hypertrophy below.

A
Front squat
Medium grip bench press /w chains
Chest-supported barbell row

B
Snatch grip high pull
Fatbar press
Weighted chin-up

ABABAxxBABABxx

Alternate from session to session between doing 10, 8 and 6 reps all sets, and then start over doing 10.
First week: 5 sets on all exercises
Second week: 6 sets on all exercises
Third week: 6 sets on all exercises + rest-pause or dropset on last set of each exercise.
Fourth week: 2 sets on all exercises.
Then start over with first week again. At this point you can opt to slightly change the exercises to different variations, grip widths, pulling depths etc.

Always strive to add a rep or a bit of weight when you can, as long as it doesn't prevent you from completing the prescribed number of reps.

Obviously not a routine you should be doing if you're dealing with a lot of stress in your day-to-day life. Great for holidays though.
>>
>>35662022

He must be using a weird trick.
>>
File: 1446989431972.jpg (87 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
1446989431972.jpg
87 KB, 1178x679
I'm on a full body 3 times a week routine. I am not a beginner. It seems to be working well adding size.
>>
>>35662440
He's like 17 i doubt he can get some anywhere. I trust him
>>
>>35662541
>/w chains
confirmed retard
>>
>>35662168
you sound like a moron. first sentence implies you dont lift considering you "have the ability to" but dont post it immediately, leaving the opportunity for someone to call you out before you make a retard of yourself.

if you are working out appropriately, your muscles will be sore for at least 24 hours afterwards. you may not experience extreme DOMS like when you first start, but if you use the muscles a second time before you let them fully recover youre going to
a) lift less, and
b) risk injury.

and leaving out certain exercises does not excuse your muscles from working in. similarly someone who is working out with appropriate volume will not do a tricep day after a chest day, because you are activating some of the same muscles
>>
>>35662751
Using accomodating resistance helps fix the uneven strength curve. Without chains you're left with the choice of either not overloading the top of the movement nearly enough, or if you go heavier compromising safety in the bottom of the rep.
The only potential downside to adding chains is a very slight element of instability.

The bench press (and many other exercises) are objectively speaking better with chains. Prove me wrong, pal.
>>
>>35662778
he means you typed it wrong. looks like youre trying to message your bearmode boyfriend on LoL
>>
>>35662776
I'm sorry you think I sound like a moron. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll realize why I didn't immediately post an example of such a routine. Although I did not a little later. See >>35662541

As someone who's been training for a while and like to experiment, let me share with you what happens when you do the exact same routine every single day, as far as DOMS goes...
After day 1: normal soreness.
After day 2: very sore.
After day 3: weird, new kind of soreness, although usually not as bad as day 2.
After day 4: soreness completely gone and your body will have adapted to training the same exercises every day.

This is of course assuming you're smart about it, and not doing 25 sets to failure for a single bodypart, in which case you can indeed expect performance to drop and to get injured long term.

Also, on a related note, there are countless examples of people who train daily and use the same muscle groups. Examples are weightlifters, crossfitters, and many kinds of athletes in general.
Again, not saying it's THE WAY to train. Just saying it's doable and I have done it.
>>
>>35662817
Are... Are you drunk?
>>
File: 1452702200071.jpg (286 KB, 900x1188) Image search: [Google]
1452702200071.jpg
286 KB, 900x1188
Can i do stronglifts 5 days a week?
>>
>>35662898
If you start with the empty barbell you can do it more frequenty in the very beginning while you're pretty much just working on technique. Once you get to the point where the sets become somewhat challenging, you do not want to go more than 3 times a week.
>>
>>35662923
I've lifted for the last year but am starting over again, for multiple (valid and related) reasons.

Form is pretty good but not perfect. I lift on the safe side in terms of rest and weight numbers.

But it's currently still too easy. Yes, i could just put thr weight up double next time but I'd prefer to work my way up through incremental practice.

But noted, thank you. I'll throw in a week of 5 days, see how i go.
>>
>>35662741
Are you fucking kidding? Half the hs seniors in my gym are juiced to the grills. Steroids are ridiculously easy to get.
>>
>>35663017
Okay? I don't think he would lie to me anyways he's a genuine guy. He got big over summer but it wasn't anything to expect roid usage.
>>
>>35663030
Post a pic of this kid.
>>
My.freind does pullups and dips everday, he has a good upper body
>>
>>35663039
Second this
>>
The whole "rest day" thing is a massive meme started by lazy fucking Americans. You sleep 8 hours a day plus only workout about 5~ hours you've got plenty of time to "rest" without slacking off
>>
>>35663202
Some of us have jobs and social lives you NEET fuck.
>>
>>35663233
>Social lives

you drinking lite beer while trying to pick up a 35 year old single mother for a one night stand is not a "social life"
>>
>>35663233
>go to the gym before work
>go to the gym after work
>>
>>35663288
What happens when you work 12-hour shifts, asshole?
>>
>>35663299
you go to the gym before work and after work?
working 16 hour shifts I did that, sacrifice some sleep for gains anon how bad do you want it?
>>
>>35663299
go before work :)
>>
bunch of amateurs in here who think you can't do a proper full body.

put your money where your mouth is and lets see your bodies then, if you're so confident in your advice
>>
>>35663299
Do pushups at work and wear a weighted vest
>>
>>35663324
Did you mean "can do"?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.