[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me the fundamental difference of SL 5x5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1405780914426.jpg (360 KB, 1000x712) Image search: [Google]
1405780914426.jpg
360 KB, 1000x712
Can someone explain to me the fundamental difference of SL 5x5 from SS? from what im seeing its an extra exercise with more sets. any input? experiences?
>>
SL
>Has you working with the bar only at the beginning to ingrain motor patters
>BB Row variation is replaced with the power clean
>Far higher volume
>More emphasis on the upper body
>Allows for some accessories

SS
>3x5 for the main lifts
>Chins added after 3 weeks
>Has you working off of your 1RM
>Allows for a longer, more drawn out program
>Allows 3 deloads before you have truly finished the program
>Power cleans -must- be done and are -not- to be replaced by the row or any other DL variation
>Doesn't allow for accessories other than what Rip has put into PP 3rd Ed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFCpC0txNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w7DN6lA1Hk

Generally good reviews.
Basically, Grayskull is best because it allows for autoregulation and, as well, better drawn out programming.
>>
>>35654226
Should say
>BB Row replaces the Power Clean
>>
>>35654226
Greatly appreciate all the info, im not a beginner so im assuming SL will be more better suited for me, looking to gain mass and some definition. thanks a ton friend
>>
>>35654135
>that pic
Classic case of a 5'7 manlet overconpensating and a 6'1 just, you know, ruling at life.
>>
>>35654264
im not a beginner so im assuming SL will be more better suited for me
Not necessarily. It can cause unnecessary fatigue if you don't take a deload when you begin the program.
Let's say you bench 1x5 at 100kg currently. Mehdi recommends to take a deload. The case would be 5x5 at 80%, or 5x5 at 80kg. If you don't do the program with a deload, you're going to run into massive fatigue and not recover properly.

A good intermediate would be Texas Method.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/150794916/The-Texas-Method-Part-1
>>
File: poo to loo 2 the plot thickens.png (616 KB, 1178x822) Image search: [Google]
poo to loo 2 the plot thickens.png
616 KB, 1178x822
>>35654135
SL: slow progress, good for pussies who like well designed apps, made by an indian
SS: highly testosteronous, made by a white guy

i did stronglifts btw. wasted a bunch of time
>>
Well, whats a good routine to follow then? i just wanna build mass, a good amount of mass and muscle. I can toss in upper body accessories
>>
>>35654389
if you can't squat 3pl8 for a 1rm then you really don't need to even have "mass" on your radar, you just need to focus on getting your squat stronger. the problem with most dyels in the gym is that they aren't ashamed of being weak
>>
>>35654436
can only squat 2 plates, im not a twig, but not super thick. just looking to put on some weight and muscle
>>
File: routine6.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
routine6.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
Push/Pull is really good, and allows for some adaptation. It's nice, as it allows for the big lifts to be done twice a week. Progression comes whenever possible.

Texas Method will get you strong as fuck, and still allows for some accessories to be tossed in Mondays and Fridays.
>>
>>35654226
>>35654135
>>35654238
>>35654364
What if I do SS but with Barbell Rows instead of Powercleans?
>>
>>35655415
power cleans are fun as shit just give em a try
considering switching to an owg routine just for the cleans
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.