[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strengh gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: nAPU8TV.png (314 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
nAPU8TV.png
314 KB, 500x433
Pic unrelated

I've been lifting for 10months now but I'm struggling to add weight to my lifts. My overheadpress has been at 5x 70lbs since 5 months or so. My bench has been between 5x 120-130lbs for a long time too.

I'm doing PPL twice a week with 2 compounds and 2 accessory each day.

I went from 130lbs 10%bf -> 160 15% -> 150lbs 11%bf so I've added about 8kg of muscle mass. I'm 6'0 btw.

Haven't tested my 1RM but strengtgstandards says:

OHP 90lbs
Bench 145lbs
Squat was 190lbs (170lbs now because knee injury)
Deadlift was 240lbs (210 now)

Why am I so fucking weak and why can't I progress my strength. I'm getting my protein and sleep 7-8 hours.
>>
for OHP, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
also notice how he's pressing: it's an explosive movement. notice the head and back location.

it looks obvious but it changed my understanding of this movement

I'm going to guess right off the bat that your form is awful. if you record a (short!) video of yourself doing those problem exercises people here will help you fix it.

also your plan is probably suboptimal. why do PPL when your stats are so low? that's not a beginner program. and let me say that you are totally a beginner with those stats, sorry.
>>
>>35614469
eat more faggot. you should be at least 190 at your height.
>>
>>35614623
I have seen most form videos on OHP, I can do it with good form but when I add like 2pounds my form crumbles because it is just too heavy. So then I deload a couple of pounds where I press with good form, rinse repeat.

The first 6 months I have been on GSLP which was basically SS 3x5 full body 3 times peer week linear progression but I couldn't progress anymore, was on my 5th deload already on OHP and bench.

I thought switching to PPL would help because more volume. I still do 3x5 on the compounds.
>>
>>35614670
I eat 500kcal over tdee each day. I've also gained 3lbs per month.

If I eat more I will just get unnecessarily fat. I already got stretch marks on thighs and butt.
>>
>>35614469
Don't butt your head against the wall. 30% deload, keep going, keep eating. Going for 185 OHP today, pretty excited.
>>
you should be doing SL or SS. the reason they are recommended for beginners is because they actually fucking work.
>>
>>35614802
This.

My OHP and bench went from 135 & 225 X1 to 175 & 275 in like 7 months on SL
>>
>>35614802
I have been doing SS first 6 months. I changed to PPL because they didn't work. At least I couldn't follow them like I was supposed to, add weight every session stopped pretty early. I bought 1 lbs plates so I could add less weight per session. That stopped working too.

Can't loft the weight, deload 10%, work weight up again to failed weight over next 2-3 sessions, fail again, deload again. I did this 4 times before switching to PPL
>>
>>35614934
Eat more, use creatine, deload more. My bench has been plateaued at 245 5x5 / 290 for months, I feel confident I'll hit 315 by easter
>>
>>35614469
I've recently started adding close grip bench to my regula DB press. Now i've got a pinched nerve in the wrist. Never had this when i was working out years ago.
Can anyone recommend how to fix this? I'm always trying to have my hands in a natural positon compared to my forearms.
>>
>>35615095
Use wrist wraps and work on your grip techniques. I get very bad vertical acute pain in my wrist when I bench and chins but cheap wraps from Walmart fixed it
>>
>>35614802
I've been working out since maybe October or November and just decided to start SS this week because I'm retarded and just did my own stuff. I feel like instead of doing it like ABA Monday, Wednesday, and Friday shouldn't I just do all the exercises every workout like AAA? It seems kinda dumb if I only do benching or OHP once a week depending on if I do ABA or BAB.
>>
>>35615195
do the program as written for a little bit. OHP and bench utilize far less and smaller muscle groups than DL and squat, and thus recovery takes longer and progress is slower. if you find that you're never missing a single increase on upper body after a few months, then maybe you can add an extra day for upper stuff.
>>
don't get overconfident on OHP or bench, they progress slower for good reason. I rushed OHP, added too much and earned a shoulder impingement.
>>
>>35614623
hol up nigga

why are his palms facing outwards
>>
>>35615465
that's how you press what do you mean. Do you press with your hands supinated?
>>
>>35615523
oh fuck man

I always thought that inwards was the ideal way to OHP

fuck
>>
>>35615555
quads of kek
>>
>>35615555
How the fuck are you even doing that you fucking monkey armed faggot
>>
>>35615555
Literally every single video or image of OHP would show it like that, how can you be so blind ?
>>
>>35615729
i dunno dude, it just seemed more natural to me

>>35615785
im retarded
>>
>>35615555
Holy shit lol, does that not hurt your arms? Is that shit even possible?
>>
>>35615993
Get yourself checked out for mental retardation unless you're just pretending to be retarded, in that case, here's your (You)
>>
>>35616022
It felt way more natural to me, never hurts
>>
>>35615228
Thanks hombre
>>
File: dis nigga.png (226 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dis nigga.png
226 KB, 500x500
>>35615555
witnessed and fucking lol'd
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.