[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you break out of dadbod mode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: 1421719357015.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
1421719357015.png
112 KB, 297x282
How do you break out of dadbod mode
>>
File: ayy.jpg (22 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
22 KB, 300x393
>>35579161

10x10 sticky reads
>>
File: 1450921554378.jpg (787 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1450921554378.jpg
787 KB, 1600x1600
A lot of people who make it typically start with motivation but end with discipline. Right now your motivation seems to be ending dadbod mode and what that means is that after a few months either you'll be out of dadbod mode and your motivation will fade and therefor your drive to improve yourself will fade as well or you will simply stop entirely because you never built the discipline for it.

Now there are three approaches you can take:

1. Do the aforementioned just enough to scrape by, it is the most common and it is easily the most likely you'll just stop caring or burn out because you're encouraged by brief bouts of motivation.

2. Get some long term drive. In the cartoon Avatar the Last Airbender, a character named Zuko had said this to the protagonist, Aang:
>It was why my firebending was so weak before, because for so many years hunting you was my drive it was my purpose so when I joined you I lost sight of my inner fire. But now I have a new drive: I have to help you defeat my father and restore balance to the world.

In other words you need some sort of concrete and long term goal to set yourself towards. You can be as specific as you want but the point is you clarify exactly what it is you want so not like:
>I want to end dadbod mode
But more like:
>I want to decrease my BF % to 12-15% while increasing my overall weight by X lbs due to lean muscle

Something concrete and real, it starts taking motivation away and builds discipline. You don't want to run because you're still dadbod you need to run because you have to run if you want to reach your goals.

3. Simply get some discipline. Personally I don't enjoy running or really working out in general. But I do it anyway, not because I have a goal or purpose to it but because there really isn't much other option. I can't just be a fat as fatass that I used to be so whether I like to do it or not isn't relevant, I still put on my shoes and do it anyway.

So it's up to you anon what you want to choose to do.
>>
File: great.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>35579903
nice post, anon

>i personally fear being forgotten
>being average
>dying w/o leaving a mark
>i feel physical pain when i train
>but the emotional pain is much greater when i do not
>thats the reason i train

choo-choo!
>>
>>35579903
It's always better to confess
>>
>>35579161

stop eating like shit.
>>
>>35580415
Why?
>>
>>35579161
You read the fucking sticky.
>>
File: birthdaygif.gif (114 KB, 917x708) Image search: [Google]
birthdaygif.gif
114 KB, 917x708
>>35579161
kill all ur kids
>>
>>35583435
wtf
>>
>>35579161
Listen you little faggot,
YOU READ THE GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING STICKY, THAT'S HOW

Now get off your fat ASS and get busy!
>>
>>35579161
dont be a fggt
>>
File: up178funeral.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
up178funeral.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>35583435
plz no, its too sad, here have this instead
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.