[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 9018234712375.jpg (3 MB, 2700x1800) Image search: [Google]
9018234712375.jpg
3 MB, 2700x1800
I know there is no conclusive scientific research to back up the claim, but given the old adage, "you are what you eat". What are some foods that
>INCREASE testosterone
>DECREASE estrogen
>>
"You are what you eat" -This means that the substances you consume are the things that become your body. Your skin was once something you ate.

Correct fat in correct portions is quite important to testosterone levels.
>>
bamp, i need more
>>
>>35597738
Tried to have a test-boosting thread yesterday heres what we got:
>Tumblr/Reddit saying test will give you cancer and that actually you want low test for gains (lol)
>A guy saying excessive cardio is actually good for gains
>A guy saying that test doesn't matter at all for gains and that low test people make the same gains a high test (apex kek)
>Fraudsters saying that there's no point unless you rid (nothing against fraud, but this was a natty or mostly natty thread)

So... basically you can't have this discussion on /fit/, but im on the same quest as you.

Things that objectively and scientifically work:
>Vitamin D
>Zinc
>nofap for up to but not longer than a week (fappers need not respond, it doesn't concern you to argue against this study. Just switch tabs to /gif/ if you feel the need to reply)
>>
>>35597738
quit being a pussy and just jump on some gear
>>
Okay so ive been told that lentils+brown rice= complete protein but how much protein is in lets say 25g of lentils +25g of rice?
>>
>>35598852
Wtf, Google exactly that question. This isn't a fucking fiber versus protein, thread, it's about increasing test.
>>
>lift weights.
>Increase dietary fat, preferably coming from animal sources.
>>
>>35597738
>trying to eat food to increase/decrease your hormone levels

stop faggot. You produce both of those things naturally. Just eat healthy and they'll be where they need to be.
>>
>>35599978
Compounds??
Your body CREATES muscles when you exercise. Just do some random shit and you'll be a sick cunt in no time.
>>
>>35598815
about the nofap, does that includes sex as well?
>>
>>35598815
I can add to the list
>less stress
>low bf%
That is why you should bulk with low body fat. Gaining mass makes it faster (sticky for more information)
>>
>>35600457
No, the studies I have read and that are commonly referenced suggest sex actually boosts test.
Though, it doesn't exactly say whether high test people get more sex or if people who have more sex get high test.
Either way, it's definitely not the same as fapping with regard to the hormones and chemicals released in the brain.
>>
>>35598852
"Complete protein" is broscience
>>
>>35598815
>>Vitamin D
>>Zinc
>>nofap
Any proofs on this?

>>35599978
>You produce both of those things naturally.
No shit Sherlock. Trying to maximize these gains over here. Sorry you don't want to live the swole life little breh.
>>
>>35601167
Why do you think that? Amino acids compete for attachment sites on enzymes, transport into cells, etc. An imbalance among the labile acid pool fucks things up. Basic biochem.
>>
>>35601167
You are a fucking retard. Do you know why there are over 20 (known) amino acids? Because every amino acid is used for something else.
>>
>>35597738
http://mysupremacy.com/a-game-of-hormones/
>>
>>35598815
>Tumblr/Reddit saying test will give you cancer and that actually you want low test for gains (lol)
Share a link friend, having a hard time believing anybody said this
>>
>>35602882
The person did not claim to be from either site, I am using that to insult their condescending and factually incorrect posting style. Also, they did not claim specifically that "low test is good for gains," but they did say and attempt to defend that test does not matter at all and displayed outright hostility to the idea that one might want to raise it (also where the tumblr accusation came from)
You caught me, I freakin exaggerated. Not gonna dig up the thread, tho.
>>
>>35602456
Followed your link.

1. The onion article is anecdotal evidence, the guy found a website that sells onion juice and the website claims it increases test- no scientific backing
2. Can't find more than a couple studies about pomegranates increasing test. Theyre healthy though so why not try them
3. Good
4. Controversial
5. Cant find studies saying fish oil increases test, just links amazon
6. Zinc and magnesium will raise test if you're deficient so yeah
7. same as 6
>>
>>35602982
oh okay. Well test does matter, that's silly. How would they explain PEDs that involve increasing test clearly demonstrating improvement?

That being said the difference in gains between someone thats slightly lower test than another person probably wont be noticeable.
>>
>>35603017
Indeed. I'm not attempting to maximize test specially for skeletal muscle gains. I like to run short distance and sprint, so I like having the fastest possible recovery time. It also makes staying lower body fat easier, which is typically my goal since I maintain otter year round. Also i think it mattwrs for facial and persinality attractiveness, especially over time. not specifically proud or anything, I just do what I need to to build momentum so I don't spend so much time struggling.
>>
>>35602989
>6. Zinc and magnesium will raise test if you're deficient so yeah
>7. same as 6
Interesting, so maybe you could binge to create a spike in testosterone levels pre-workout?
>>
>>35604313
I don't think that's how it works. I've read that those two specifically work best if taken right before bed, though.
>>
As far as I know, eggs and red meat. Milk and dairy produces estrogen.

Also, do some reading on tribulus terrestris.
>>
>>35604626
Fuuug man I can't even drink milk if I want maximum gains?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.