[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>coming up on 4 years lifting >guys who's been lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1407101825186.jpg (11 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1407101825186.jpg
11 KB, 267x181
>coming up on 4 years lifting
>guys who's been lifting for 18 months look better than me

H-h-h-half of that time was spent fucking around though
>>
>>35520071
This mentality will only hold you back anon.
>>
>>35520071
Can you really say you have the same excitement and mental pump about the gym? After my first two years lifting, it stopped becoming this big manly battle and became more of what it actually was: something I did out of habit to not look like shit and not age like shit. I rarely talk about the gym unless asked, because I know no one wants to hear the shit. No one cares about your gains except you. Lift for yourself. Dont compare yourself to others. Just do it for you own well-being. And if after lifting for 4 years you do still feel the same mental intensity and passion for the gym, I envy you. For this is long since gone for me.
>>
>>35520224
This
Also it doesn't matter how much you lift, it matters how much you look like you lift
>>
>>35520270
>guys who's been lifting for 18 months look better than me
> it doesn't matter how much you lift, it matters how much you look like you lift

Nice.
>>
File: 1362887300652.png (56 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1362887300652.png
56 KB, 299x288
>>35520224
over 3 years lifting here as well and i know your feel bro. after the 2nd year i didn't really care anymore and now i just lift cause i've put too much time into it to give up at this point. i don't really enjoy it much anymore but i feel like its something i have to do. i'm really humble and don't care much for talking about the gym when people bring it up to me
>>
>>35520071

https://youtu.be/ZStZ-IQ6c9Q
>>
>>35520289
If you spend your life looking in despair at what others achieve while neglecting what you have achieved, you will live an unhappy life. That's what we're getting at. I'm content with going to the gym just so I dont look like shit and dont age like shit. Im strong enough to toss my gf around in bed, and to carry my sister on my shoulders effortlessly. I'm strong enough for it to be fun for myself and those around me, basically. And I look far better than any normie. Who gives a shit if I cant bench 4 plate or if I dont have visible abs year round? No one except me. So no reason to get hung up on it. In the gym, im nothing special to look at. Outside the gym it's instantly clear that I exercise and take care of myself, and the confidence gained from taking such care of myself does volumes more for me than lifting itself ever can.
>>
>>35520071
Progress is very slow in natties. Are you sure ppl who has been lifitng for 18 months is natty?
>>
>>35520470
Are you strong enough to toss your sister on the bed and toss her salad?
>>
its a lot harder when u start off fat or skinny fat. the guys who get good pretty quick start off bony
>>
>>35520224
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . .that is if you can handle it...
>>
File: peT1zne.jpg (44 KB, 640x524) Image search: [Google]
peT1zne.jpg
44 KB, 640x524
>>35521200
>>
>>35521200
Every time I read this I can't believe someone actually wrote this. Especially the pauses between the last few lines, just unbelievably cringy
>>
>>35521351
I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm hoping it was a troll, but somehow I doubt it.
>>
>>35521383
definitely not a troll. you can tell by the combination of seriousness and jokes in the post that the guy was dead serious. normally people trolling go to one extreme.
>>
>>35521200
I never get more than 6 words into shit like this before I realize its shitty pasta and stop reading, I have never read something like this all the way through
>>
>>35520470
picks of your sister desu
>>
File: maxpepe.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxpepe.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
I just realized today that I'll never be happy with myself strenght wise. I've been going to the gym for abt 3 years, fucked around the first two not following a proper program or sticking to my diet. Had some issues and got fat and lazy, had a 6 month break from the gym.

A year ago I started to get serious with my training, I cut from 253lbs to 190, been doing modified reg parks 5x5 to get myself comfortable with the big four etc. Focused on form.

Starting to look pretty good since I've lost weight, maybe a bit skinny since I'm a 6'3" lanklet. But all my lifts are absolute shit like super novice tier, and I'm scared I'll always be a weakling faggot.

I've been watching a lot of OLY -guys and mire their strenght but I just can't see me getting there. Tfw you'll never be Klokov.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.