[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chest DOMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 750x714
>be 39
>been lifting since last March
>maxed bench at 205 in June
>haven't gone up since then
>been doing this multi year weightlifting apps Phase II
>NEVER have chest Doms
>did following on Monday after reading some broscience on zog book
>DOMS in chest and arms like mother fucker

So this is what I did the following routine without taking any breaks except to rack or unrack weights

95 x 20
115 x 10
125 x 3
115 x 6
95 x 9
85 x 10
75 x 8
65 x 9
55 x 20
95 x 8
85 x 10

I found that lifting with no break at all really fatigues the muscles. I finally stopped doing sets when I could not even unrack the weight.

So WTF happened? Is this a good idea?
>>
>>35516010
>literally doing cardio
>expecting strength gains

I mean you could do one high volume day a week if you wanted, but don't stop lifting heavy if you want strength gains.
>>
You should read a chapter in a book on how muscles work. Super Basically*, inb4 know it all fags, they squeeze together tightly and latch onto each other.

To unhook smoothly we need just the right amount of atp to be present. Atp is that thing creatine increases, im sure you heard of it.

If you dont have enough atp present shit tears up left and right in order to unhook itself and you have a ton of metabolic waste and inflammation that your body now has to clean up.

Atp takes up to 3 minutes to be ready so if you do high volume with little to no breaks you didnt give a chance for atp to accumulate and instead you rekt your shit for no reason.
>>
>>35516010
High volume low weight damages the muscles and causes DOMS without inducing hypertrophy, aka no gainz.
>>
>>35516107
So I uselessly wrecked my shit? Yet scooby says DOMS is one of the 3 ways that create Hypertrophy
>>
>>35516188
So doing push-ups = no gains?
>>
>>35516284
>>35516284

Well the thing is if you do this often your bodies going to think youre a retard and it'll equip itself to prevent tears.

But you wont be getting bigger or stronger, it will just be like preemptive care.

I guess after a very very long time you will be safe enough doing this that your body will allow you to get stronger.

I personally got really big pecs never doing anything but flat bench.
>>
File: Skeletal-Muscle-Lutz.gif (2 MB, 1080x1351) Image search: [Google]
Skeletal-Muscle-Lutz.gif
2 MB, 1080x1351
>>35516359

Umm doing sets of 1-3 reps high intensity.
>>
Look into 5\3\1.

Ur doing too many sets
>>
>>35516010
What is a DOM?
>>
>>35516491

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It's the medical term for when you're still sore the next day after lifting.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.