[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know of a way to calculate your body fat via your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1468471016722.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1468471016722.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
Does anyone know of a way to calculate your body fat via your 1RPM's? Like say your 150 pounds and you can bench 150, squat 200, OHP 100, etc because only an exact amount of muscle can lift an exact amount of weight.
>>
Yea post your numbers and I'll enter em in my excel sheet for this
>>
>>37965155
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE
>>
>>37965155
Neuromuscular recruitment is different between persons. Also techniques can vary the weight one is able to lift. You're retarded.
>>
Squat 250
Bench 145
Ohp 115
Diddle 295
>>
>>37965311
Excelfag here

Your body fat % is 100%
>>
>>37965317 can u show me how u got those numbers bro, or can u just do mine?

Squat 260
Bench 155
Ohp 135
Diddle 320

thx
>>
stop posting this shitty thread thx
>>
this is some low quality bait
>>
>>37965155
>only exact amount of muacle can lift exact amount of weight
That is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. Skeletal muscle is not a simple homogenous substance like metal or something. It's very complex and between humans varies in many ways, including the types proteine, energy stored, whether its fast twitch or slow twitch, the degree to which the body will let you destroy it to use it (which changes with epinephrine levels), mitochondrial function, creatine levels, blood pressure, bpm and oxygenation affects lifts, hell down stream every organ system in your body affects how much you can lift. Biology is not a clean and simple "x can do y" because we are made of trillions of cells with hundreds of components each based off unique untested genetics.
>>
>>37965525 but like, to a degree im sure you couold calculate within 2-3% of someones actual body fat by getting their 1RPM's using excel fags method?
>>
>>37965604
haha no
>>
>>37965155
You could work it out based on statistical distribution but to say a specific % you'd only be guessing based on averages. Furthermore, I don't know where this data exists. More accurate to look in the mirror and guess, for sure.
>>
>>37965604

You literally couldn't even get within 50%, neuromuscular adaptations alone are enough to completely invalidate what you're trying to do. The same biology that makes "noob gains" possible makes your little project impossible. Now that you know this feel free to delete your thread.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.