[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok, noob here, I read the sticky(s) and i wanted to know if i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: enhanced-23889-1442084828-11.jpg (99 KB, 625x615) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-23889-1442084828-11.jpg
99 KB, 625x615
ok, noob here, I read the sticky(s) and i wanted to know if i understood everything correctly.

i'm overweight. DIET-WISE my plan is this:
>10-12*bodyweight until 10-12% bf
>14-15*bodyweight for two weeks
>16-18*bodyweight until 15% bf
>repeat

those calories should come from food high in proteins.
i have to drink more water.
if deficient, i hould take omega3 and a multivitamin.

if i eat like this, no matter what, i should drop fat, and build muscle (well, while lifting of course, i'm talking diet-wise).

did i miss anything?
>>
>>37964221
Yes, what you missed is the fact that these are values that are good as a first shot, not definitive answers. You should adjust if you don't see any progress over the course of 2-3 weeks.

>if i eat like this, no matter what, i should drop fat, and build muscle
No, definitely not 'not matter what'.
Also, you will lose fat yes, but the muscles you will build are less than you would if you were at a calorie surplus. you will only build muscle while losing fat because you're obviously a novice. Later in your training, you won't be able to put on muscle while at a calorie deficit. But I don't think this is your concern right now.

So yeah, go do that but keep in mind that you also have to adjust based on your own observations (over the course of at least 2-3 weeks between each adjustment)
>>
>>37964267
>So yeah, go do that but keep in mind that you also have to adjust based on your own observations (over the course of at least 2-3 weeks between each adjustment)
well, of course.
>Later in your training, you won't be able to put on muscle while at a calorie deficit. But I don't think this is your concern right now.
perfect.
thanks.
>>
>>37964221
What the fuck even is this absolute shit??
>10-12* bodyweight
What the fuck are you talking about?
Do a 500 calorie deficit. If that doesn't work, you aren't counting it right and should either learn how to fucking do math or ramp the deficit up.
>if deficient, i hould take omega3 and a multivitamin
Just take those even if you are cutting or bulking or whatever.
And remember to get enough fiber in your diet.
>i should drop fat, and build muscle (well, while lifting of course, i'm talking diet-wise
No. You either build muscle, or you lose fat. The sticky made that crystal fucking clear. (Ofcourse it isn't exactly THAT black and white, but just base your knowledge on that)

You are an absolute fucking pathetic retard, but at least you are kiiind of on the right track.
>>
for me works:
>recomping (gain musle/lose fat at the same time
>weighting myself daily
>not eating like a hippo

I counted my calories for about 6 months but this works better and is less stressful
>>
>>37964295
Also weigh yourself each week under the same conditions. A journal (a simple Word document is enough) is a good way to keep track of your weight as well as making notes if you did something different like being a lot more active, starting on a new medicine or introducing something new to your diet, or eliminating something. Cutting carbs will make you lose a lot of waterweight and it might be smart to note that.

I weigh myself each monday morning after going to the toilet and before eating or drinking anything.
>>
>>37964295
>No. You either build muscle, or you lose fat. The sticky made that crystal fucking clear. (Ofcourse it isn't exactly THAT black and white, but just base your knowledge on that)
that was clear, i just wrote bad
>What the fuck even is this absolute shit??
>>10-12* bodyweight
t-t-t-the sticky said so
>>
>>37964295
Welcome to fit.
>Do a 500 calorie deficit. If that doesn't work, you aren't counting it right and should either learn how to fucking do math or ramp the deficit up.
This is obviously someone who isn't going to count his macros for 1 month while lifting to get his TDEE and then do the math.
>And remember to get enough fiber in your diet.
Fibers don't do shit except help you shit better. Other than that, they are just an indicator of how good the sources of carbs the person is taking are. They are not a concern in themselves.
>No. You either build muscle, or you lose fat. The sticky made that crystal fucking clear. (Ofcourse it isn't exactly THAT black and white, but just base your knowledge on that)
No you don't do "either one or the other". You can do both at once, it's called body recomposition and a number of pros (WL/PL) do it. It's slower overall, but if you're already at your goal weight it's a good alternative to the meme bulk/cut cycles

>You are an absolute fucking pathetic retard, but at least you are kiiind of on the right track.
No, you're the one being a full autism.
>HURR DURR THIS IS MY SAFE PLACE AND YOURE BEING A NEWFAG SO LET ME BE EDGY
>>
>>37964335
I still don't understand the whole '10-12* bodyweight' and can't remember it from the sticky. Haven't read through it in years tho.
If it's talking about calories, just do a 500 deficit like I said.
If you burn 2000 kcal in a day, you eat at 1500 kcal. It's that easy.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
Use this. It isn't exactly bulletproof, but base your first two weeks in deficit on the 'sedentary' result.
Again, if that doesn't work fix your counting or do a bigger deficit.
Even count the butter, oil or whatever you cook with. If you are smart, you don't overdo it with the butter/oil from the start.
>>
>>37964359
Did you read my post?
>(Ofcourse it isn't exactly THAT black and white, but just base your knowledge on that)
He is a beginner, he doesn't need to know about recomping and shit. He is a fatty who wants to lose weight. Cutting is all he needs to know about.
And fibre helps with losing weight. Read about it if you didn't know. Saying that will make him eat more veggies, which will fill him up without him using up his calories.
I'm trying to help him while still getting to vent about newbies. You thinskinned sperg. Calm down m8.
>>
>>37964406
I made a deficit of 1500 calories and the other 500 are just chicken and veggies,am i gonna end up regaining weight after the dieting is over?
>>
>>37964359
>>37964406
thanks to both of you.
i''m not /that/ fat, i'm 170 lbs and 5'11'', but i can't get any lower.

btw, with 10-12 i should go for 1700-2040
with that calculator, i should go with 2139...
>>
>>37964413
Are you eating only 500 kcals? Or did you mix that up?
You could probably get away with a 1000kcal deficit depending on how fat you are.

>am i gonna end up regaining weight after the dieting is over?
Did you even read the sticky?
That isn't how this works. You can lose weight while eating only chocolate and candy and shit, as long as you are expending more calories than you are eating.
As long as you aren't going back to your shitty eating habits after dieting, you will probably be fine.
>>
>>37964432
Eating at 1500 to 1800 Calories a day should be a fine cut for you then.
Buy a kitchen weight if you haven't already got one. It will make counting the Calories easy as shit.
>>
>>37964440
I do 200g of chicken and 500g of salad a day.Im right now at 121 kg dropped 15kg in the past 2 weeks. Im also a bartender and a waiter so i guess thats gonna stop me from being a fat cunt again. Tnx for the reply tho.
>>
>>37964455
That's a bit extreme and you shouldn't keep that up for too much longer. Your body might also go into starvation mode and will burn a lot less than you should. But at that weight, you might be able to keep it up for a couple of weeks more. I ain't no expert, but I would strongly recommend you to eat more.
>>
>>37964481
I was planning on keeping at this rate for 3 more weeks then switch to higher calorie intake for a month combined with lifting,starvation mode is for people that dont have 30 kg of lard on em
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.