[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fruits and meat diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: veg-and-fruits-and-meat...jpg (56 KB, 640x264) Image search: [Google]
veg-and-fruits-and-meat...jpg
56 KB, 640x264
Hey /fit/ is it a good idea to base my diet on fruits and meat mostly? Not a Paleofag or anything they're just the foods I like the most and they're easy to cook. Fresh tropical fruit is really cheap here in Brazil.

I'd get the protein from the meat and the fibers/vitamins/carbs from the fruits, it sounds like a good way to cut too.
>>
>>37961692
If you gonna eat meat just go ahead and eat a couple cats evehy week foh those toxoplasm gains, you savage
>>
>>37961721
Vegcuck detected, how does it feel to be an evolutionary embarrassment?
>>
>>37961721
You know what let you have a brain developed enough to make you such a sentient, unreasonably guilt-ridden faggot? Your ancestors ate meat.
>>
>>37961763
Sentient is a strong word when directed to a vegan
>>
>>37961692
Meat and fruit isn't a terrible diet, but remember that fruit has a lot of sugar, which translates to carbs, so don't overdo it. Also, you should find some veggies you like. The fiber and vitamins that veggies give you are essential for proper health.
>>
>>37961692
Fruits have a lot of sugar. It's better to eat fruits and carbs in moderation, and eat lots of green veggies and animal protein.
>>
>>37961763
Our ancestors didnt have the internet brody broderson so why the fuck are you using it bro? Ancestors know best right??
>>
>>37961692
If you are Brazilian though, and eating more fruit is a historically traditional diet, then you might handle it better than European descended peoples.

As a whitey I can't handle very much fruit though. Too sweet.
>>
If you're cutting yea, you want to dd at least a little veg though.
>>
>>37961819
>>37961826
I'd also have an oat, milk and banana shake by the morning since I'm usually a hurry
>>
>>37961805
Shut the actual fuck up. Technology is a developing field that should be followed to stay relevant in modern society. It is an intellectual pursuit that is completely removed from the biological imperatives we need to properly develop our bodies. Relating the internet to an omnivorous diet is a complete non sequitur. If you are that fucking dumb you obviously don't get enough animal protein.

Ever notice that the most intelligent animals on earth are carnivores while the least intelligent are herbivorous prey? Please, keep eating your "ethical" diet and pass it on to your children. The real people of the world could use a dim, pacified caste of subhuman laborers to do our bitch work.
>>
>>37961819
I can't get enough of fruits, once I ate a whole 1kg pack of grapes. I find them much better than candies with proceeded sugar
>>
>>37961805
Not him, but technology evolves much faster than biology bro.

I'm not vegan, but I'm very open minded to arguments for being that have reason backing them and not emotions about animals.

If it's healthier, let's hear why.
If there are some negatives to it, let's hear those too.

But get outa here with your treat animals fairly crap. We are at the top of thee food chain, and there's nothing morally wrong with it.
>>
>>37961882
Is there anything wrong with torturing an innocent animal, such as a doge?
>>
>>37961992
If you're doing it for fun, I would question your stability, and avoid you.

If you're just farming dogs to feed people and make a living, then no, there's nothing wrong with it.

But why would you want to eat doge? Are you a chink or something?
>>
>>37961692
no

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=12064344&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
>>
>>37961873
>smartest animals are carnivores
>a gorilla has learned sign language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNuZ4OE6vCk
>>
>>37961882

>I'm very open minded
>But get outa here with your treat animals fairly crap. We are at the top of thee food chain
>>
>>37961803
Sugar encased in fibre is fine.

Only "free sugars" (not encased in fiber, think fruit juice or soda) are detrimental, and even then you can have 40-60g without harm
>>
>>37962190
Gorillas, just like humans, are great apes descended from an omnivorous common ancestor. Also, they have to graze upwards of 10 hours a day to meet the nutrient requirements to keep them functioning. If they ate meat that time would be cut down to a third. Sure, a few gorillas can sign, but look at apex predators like dolphins, wolves, octopi, etc. They use complex, multi-unit tactics to hunt and can communicate very complex messages among themselves. Even look at scavengers. Crows and ravens eat rotten road kill and can solve puzzles which require multiple tiers of forward thinking.

Sorry veg-fag, meat is where it is at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ_EciujrE
>>
>>37962216
>fruit juice

What do you think comes out of a fruit when you bite it, nigger?
>>
>>37962299
A marginal amount of fruit juice. What's important is that the majority of the sugar will be encased in the fibre, and the general nutritional value of the fruit balances out the amount of sugar.
>>
>>37962299
The chewed and swallowed fiber forms a gelatinous matrix that re encases the sugars
>>
>>37962317
>>37962216
Sugar is not unhealthy except for the teeth. Sugar in fruits is identical to refined sugar. It's glucose, fructose and sucrose, which is glucose and fructose. Your body does not care, it's energy.
How much sugar is encased in fiber or cell walls varies widely between different fruits. Some fruits are more like packets of fruit juice that get released when you chew them. It doesn't matter though because sugar is sugar and sugar is not unhealthy.

What is unhealthy is the amount of meat OP apparently is planning to consume.

>>37962336
This is somewhat true for some, but not all fruits, but it's truer for other foods. That's why pouring sugar on vegetables and cereal turns them into fruits.
>>
>>37962214

>Skipping that bit in the middle where he asks you to make logical and scientific justifications for the health benefits of veganism rather than shitty appeals to emotion - and states that he is open to changing his behavior based on that.

That's pretty reasonably open minded man.
>>
>>37962245

>Gorillas, just like humans, are great apes descended from an omnivorous common ancestor.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/
>>
File: bait donal.jpg (8 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
bait donal.jpg
8 KB, 200x197
>>37962353
>>
>>37961763

Common misconception.

Its actually cooking that led to this, not eating meat.
>>
>>37962355

When it comes to the moral aspect, that was incredibly closed-minded of him, and it's also closed minded to reject a philosophical idea as "a shitty appeal to emotion." It's like your old redneck grandpa saying "I'm a very open-minded guy, but you can't tell me niggers shouldn't be slaves, there's nothing morally wrong with that, we're top of the race hierarchy"
>>
>>37962355
Open minded about optimizing human health, not catering to the feelings of lower species.
>>
>>37962216
The fuck are you talking about.

Sugar is sugar, no matte if you get it from fruits or Coca Cola.
Fruit is on the same level as sweets: enjoy them in moderation.
>>
>>37962360
>ancestors

keep that in mind when you look at shit like the absence of a cecum that's macroscopically distinct from the rest of the colon, the steril small intestine, etc.

pigs and rats are true omnivores. humans with their amylase laden spit are barely less carnivorous than dogs.
>>
>>37962466
>>37962449
Sorry, this reply was meant for you.

What's wrong with niggers being slaves? Next you're going to tell me it's immoral for the minimum wage to be less than $15/h. Jesus Christ, these vegan fags...
>>
>>37962449
Cool, now you made an analogy where you literally exchanged animals with niggers.

You hate them don't you?
>>
>>37962434
no, it's meat. look at the composition of fats in the brain. animal sourced. and plant substitutes are notorious for causing dysfunction.
>>
>>37962245
The claim that meat is 'necessary' for an animal to be relatively intelligent is debunked when it is shown that one or more of these intelligent animals are herbivores.

Furthermore, there is no correlation between brain size and intelligence, or between brainmass/bodymass ratio and intelligence.

There's no clear connection between meat and intelligence, at least not nutritionally. Saying that carnivores are smart because they eat meat is like saying that people turning on their windshield wipers in the rain makes the pedestrians open their umbrellas.

I would say that an alternate hypothesis for more carnivores being intelligent than herbivores is that it generally requires more intelligence to hunt animals that run around than to hunt grass.
>>
>>37962353
There are numerous studies that show sugar is unhealthy.

It is only manageable in small quantities.
Eating a lot at once gives you an insulin spike that causes all kinds of problems.
>>
>>37962477

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>Free sugars refer to monosaccharides (such as glucose, fructose) and disaccharides (such as sucrose or table sugar) added to foods and drinks by the manufacturer, cook or consumer, and sugars naturally present in honey, syrups, fruit juices and fruit juice concentrates. “We have solid evidence that keeping intake of free sugars to less than 10% of total energy intake reduces the risk of overweight, obesity and tooth decay,” says Dr Francesco Branca, Director of WHO’s Department of Nutrition for Health and Development.
>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.

The sugar molecules themselves are the same but their rate of absorption, inflammatory qualities, and the oxidative stress they cause changes depending on the source. Fruit comes with fiber and flavanols that offset these things and cause a net positive health effect. There's no known unhealthy level of fruit.
>>
>>37962519
fruit too

any source of fructose at all beyond what's usable to replenish glycogen in the liver gets turned into fatty liver. this is bad, though reversible, even fibrosis, with saturated fat and an absence of fructose.
>>
>>37962540
>fruit too

>any source of fructose at all beyond what's usable to replenish glycogen in the liver gets turned into fatty liver. this is bad, though reversible, even fibrosis, with saturated fat and an absence of fructose.

Wait... are you saying fatty liver and fibrosis are reversible by ingesting saturated fat?

So I can be an alcoholic and protect my liver by drinking some avacado oil?
>>
>>37962480
Why would amylase be dense in the saliva of a predominantly carnivorous animal? Amylase is a carbohydrate digesting enzyme.
>>
it can be decent considering "general health" but youre probably not gonna get enough carbs from fruits alone for optimal performance and recovery at the gym
>>
>>37962540

>fruit too

Show me any study where whole fruits cause anything bad
>>
>>37962519
>There are numerous studies that show sugar is unhealthy.
There are no such well-designed studies though. Sugar is only ever unhealthy with weight gain. In good studies, when calories and weight are controlled, refined sugar is no different from fruits and starch.

"Spikes" do not cause problems. The more you eat the more you "spike". Therefore eating is unhealthy. Alright

Stop believing everything you see online.

>>37962540
>Saturated fat cures fatty liver
Now this is a whole new level of stupid
>>
>>37962659
Nobody was saying refined sugar is different than fruit or starch, those should be limited too. The only difference is that refined sugar is easier to get large quantities of really fast.

Enjoy your candy corn and diabetus, nigger.

I'll get my sugar from rice and broccoli, thanks. And eat a buttered steak with it to slow the absorption.
>>
>>37962689

>And eat a buttered steak with it to slow the absorption.

And double the insulin response, and weaken the sensitivity of the insulin you produce
>>
>>37962689
Sugar does not cause diabetes though. Diabetes is caused by dietary fat, animal products and obesity.
Fruits and starch should not be "limited" except in the sense that you should not eat so much that you gain unwanted weight, or fail to eat anything else.
>>
>>37962488

>look at the composition of fats in the brain. animal sourced.

You realize you're an animal, right?
>>
>>37962540
>>37962659
>>37962689
>>37962733
>>37962800

Fuck all of this shit. Why is this so controversial? Who do I believe? Fuck this. I'm going to eat rice and beans until I figure out what is safe.
>>
>>37962838

Its mostly controversial because half of /fit/ is retarded, half of /fit/ is trolling and all of /fit/ likes a good yelling match.

Get your dietary advice from elsewhere.
>>
>>37962838
Just watch the BBC documentary Sugar vs. Fat. They put a guy on a high-sugar low-fat diet, his identical twin on a high-fat low-carb diet. High-fat guy was 2 points away from diabetes after 4 weeks, high-sugar guy was healthier than before with better insulin sensitivity and better blood lipids.
>>
>>37962884
Why do I look and feel healthier on a high fat diet?

If I eat sugar it makes me break out, and not feel as well.

But if I eat foods with fat in it, like butter, fish, and nuts, I feel great, and my skin looks better.
>>
>>37962912
Don't sweat the small stuff so much. Eat moderate amounts of the food you enjoy and exercise well. Keep your weight under control, get your 5 a day, and you'll be healthy.
>>
>>37962939
5 a day?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.