[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tight Hamstrings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: aff.png (417 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aff.png
417 KB, 1920x1080
Hi /fit/,

I have ridiculously tight hamstrings. I've tried stretching, foam rolling, having my GF step on them, and they're still stupidly tight. I've injured both knees, and I'm pretty sure it's because my hamstrings were fucking up my mobility.

How can I improve hamstring mobility/hip hinge?
>>
>>37961371
>has a gf already

Why the fuck do you even bother lifting? That's literally the only reason anyone on /fit/ lifts
>>
try getting a massage
>>
File: 1468795732651.jpg (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1468795732651.jpg
40 KB, 625x626
>>37961379
>>
>>37961475
Not even close to all out. 2/10.
>>
File: dicktree.jpg (78 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
dicktree.jpg
78 KB, 620x465
bump
>>
File: shutterstock106145390 (1).jpg (28 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock106145390 (1).jpg
28 KB, 600x900
plz halp
>>
>>37961371
By stretching them. Seriously OP, what the fuck are you wanting people to tell you? You improve mobility by stretching. If you're looking for some magic trick to suddenly have good mobility you're gonna be disappointed. Stretch faggot.
>>
File: 1468014260282.gif (655 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1468014260282.gif
655 KB, 300x168
>>37962315
This guy's a bit of a dick but he's dead right OP. As a fellow recovering tight hamstring case I can tell you stretching and using a lacrosse ball (myofascial release therapy or whatever it's fucking called) has improved my flexibility in the hammy department this past month and it's showing no sign of stopping. There's a bit of a routine in the sticky but a YouTube search will bring up plenty of goods too. The sooner you start the better
>>
>>37961371

You might have a tight groin, it band, or hip flexors too. Have you been stretching/rolling all of your leg muscles or just your hammies? Because imbalances in flexibility can cause injury too.
>>
Hope your boipussi is thight as well, atleast till a ravage it
>>
>>37961371
if you fucked up your knees dunno what to tell you
everything to stretch hams/hip flexors uses da knees.
Lunges, sitting in a squat, spider sprawl (dont know the normal name, one leg squatted under you foot flat the other out from the body at a 90 degree angle , basically an extended, more flexor focused sitting on the floor one leg flexibility stretch)
>>
You probably have realized this yourself, but in cases of severe hamstring tightness, typical hamstring stretches basically don't do anything. You probably can't even get into the zones where you are actually stretching the hamstring.

I had the same problem and fixed it with the following

https://youtu.be/CrF2iMnn09w

Also make sure you can do an ass to grass, flat footed squat. This doesn't relate to hamstring flexibility, but it will make sure you have good motion in your hip socket.
>>
>>37961371
your knee injuries are probably from IT band irritation since you probably don't stretch.

if you want flexible hamstrings you need to stretch regularly.. not stretch real hard once and give up. all the stupid sht you described is more likely to injure the muscle, which will repair itself and be even shorter

tldr L2stretch
>>
You need to stretch (effectively) 5 or 6 times a week to gain flexibility and 3 or 4 times times a week to maintain. I'm a D1 swimmer and we take flexibility pretty seriously
>>
>>37961371
A ball gets way better into your hams than a foam roller.
Also high rep RDL is pretty good. Every rep is a stretch and the added weight will pull you deeper than if you were just to stop on your own.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.