[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it take strength only about a week to increase? And if I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m4udvuWpsu1qk22gwo6_1280.png (493 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4udvuWpsu1qk22gwo6_1280.png
493 KB, 642x722
Does it take strength only about a week to increase? And if I can't lift the weight I was using a few hours earlier, thats good, yes? Just rest until the day after tomorrow or whatever.

I'm weak as shit and I need to start increasing my strength. I will work on the muscle building as planned but I need strength as well.
>>
>>37960831
Takes 48 hours to recover as a noob. Yes you'll get stronger. Google supercompensation.
>>
>>37960876

I currently do not have a rack/bench.

I have a barbell and a ton of plates.

I need to work on my mobility and whatnot for squats. But in the meantime, is this enough?:

OHP
Deadlift
Curls
Skull Crushers
Bent Over Rows
Floor Press
>>
>>37960955
That's fine.

See about some front squats or plate squats (grab a plate and squat), too. The movement is important. If you're doing heavy deads, the weight of your squats isn't as important.
>>
>>37961090

I have no problem doing squats, if I do them right.

Problem is my mobility/flexibility is shit. And I don't even know if my form is right to begin with.

I feel an overstretch, kinda, in my upper thigh at the top. To a slight discomfort.

Not to mention, I lean forward way to much, I'm not exactly "squatting". My ass ends up being way too high in the air.
>>
>>37961090

oh and how many sets/reps for strength starting out, and how much weight to start with for each?
>>
>>37961109
Video yourself and look at the recording, easiest way if you have no one to form check
>>
>>37960955
Keep in mind when you switch from floor press to bench press you'll probably need to knock off like 20 pounds on the lift.
>>
>>37961151
For strength its like 4-6x4-6 and hypertrophy 3x8-12 iirc.
>>
>>37960831
From my knowledge as a swimming Coach and a bodybuilder, generally the fast improvements that you see are your CNS adapting to do the motion more effectively. Your muscles actually don't get stronger for quite a long period of time, 6 weeks or so.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.