[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me, how do we actually know the calorie count of anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1440291734245.jpg (637 KB, 738x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440291734245.jpg
637 KB, 738x1000
tell me, how do we actually know the calorie count of anything? how is it measured and understood by scientists?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
it's how much energy is required to boil one gram of water

they measure it by breaking the food down into it's components, fat, proteins, etc. Those have specific calorie amounts so after that it's simple math
>>
calorimeters, look it up
>>
>>37960375

interesting. thank you.
>>
>>37960346
Confirmed for not having a college education. In the Chem intro series there is a lab that makes you use a calorimeter. They do that to food because its a federal law.
>>
>>37960437

What sort of college makes intro chem a mandatory course?
>>
>>37960437

you are correct, i did not go to college, couldnt really afford to.
>>
>>37960346
burn it and see how much energy is given off

really
>>
>>37960599
Im the anon you replied to. Honestly I wished I went to a CC straight out of hs. As of right now stuck doing a degree I dont even want to do, 21, virgin and barely any friends. Plus I found out the people at the CC im taking summers at are way more nice and actually I made 3 friends almost immediately. Just waiting for college to be over so I can finally either choose firefighting or police. Leaning towards police so I can go into SWAT seeing how im making good gains as of right now.

College is so fucking stressed on everyone and I think everyone needs to understand that college isnt for everyone. And there are still great respectable jobs you can get without college.
>>
>>37960504
Any college of natural sciences at any university if your going for your BS
>>
>>37960346
how do they know exactly how many calories per chip?
>>
>>37961058
you've got to spend at least 2 years on the force to be SWAT iirc. Keep that in mind famalam.
>>
>>37960599
>Living in a shit country where college isn't free
Kek
>>
>>37961077
average weight
>>
>>37961063
they just make lab sciences mandatory, not necessarily intro chem. you could take physics or earth science or bio.
>>
>>37960375
so given accurate enough tools and time, could you break me down with a calorimeter?

around how many calories am i?
>>
>>37961105
At my uni if your going for anything science related the Chem series must be taken 1A-1C
>>
>>37961123

Sure. The stuff in your body has a certain amount of energy in it just like any other animal. Don't know the number though. Someone out there has probably done the math.
>>
>>37961081
either LAPD or SDPD
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.