[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lactic Acid Training/German Body Comp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Lactic-Acid-Trainng.jpg (89 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Lactic-Acid-Trainng.jpg
89 KB, 620x349
Anyone tried lactic acid or german body comp training?

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/lactic-acid-training-for-fat-loss

The chest/back day and the leg day both destroy me. The arms day doesn't though. My arms hurt but I don't really feel tired. Arms day feels so different than the other days. Is this ok? Should I adjust the split so that I am working big muscles every day? My goal is fat loss/muscle building
>>
File: trump sign.jpg (53 KB, 610x545) Image search: [Google]
trump sign.jpg
53 KB, 610x545
idk man, bump
>>
File: 1468352609532.png (124 KB, 386x484) Image search: [Google]
1468352609532.png
124 KB, 386x484
Looks like retarded crossfit tier training and the biochemistry is complete bs.

>Produces more than bodybuilders inject
>>
Charles Poliquin is a legit trainer though. Check his list of clients

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Poliquin#Selected_list_of_trainees
>>
I'm don't really care if he understands why his methods work, I'm just looking for results
>>
>>37958929
I've seen dudes who squat 360+ pounds for multiple sets of 10 and they swore up and down about German Volume Training. Idk, might try it come bulking season.
>>
>>37959442

GVT is scary. The sets here where the lactic acid gets flowing are so painful I can't imagine doing 7 more sets. Its on my bucket list though
>>
Meme training

It might be effective if you are already an elite tier athlete on steroids, but this is useless for 99.99% of the population and 100% of /fit/
>>
File: image003.jpg (25 KB, 341x354) Image search: [Google]
image003.jpg
25 KB, 341x354
>>37959651
So part of my prep for GVT would be to stop frequenting /fit/?
>>
but srs though is the arm day a waste? Do I generate alactic acid with those small muscles to make a difference?
>>
>>37959195
>https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/lactic-acid-training-for-fat-loss
>>37959125
>>37959427
>>37959442

a real study w/ control subjects that have McArdle disease

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18184755
>>
File: 1369384166674.jpg (55 KB, 944x719) Image search: [Google]
1369384166674.jpg
55 KB, 944x719
>>37959898
The study simply stated that lactate could be key to producing growth hormone response but the study also did not even have a control group to test to see if the exercise intensity was enough to cause a response in normal people and it also allowed these subjects with a disorder known for making exercise painful, to stop whenever they wanted and they would still keep their data.

This does not whatsoever support his main argument that his program produces enough HGH to actually have an effect on weight loss especially when you consider that the weight loss effects of HGH are already shaky.
>>
I don't understand the set and rep scheme.

Am I doing 3 sets of a1, 3 sets of b1, 3 sets of a2, 3 sets of b2, etc?

Or a1, b1 (3 times) then a2, b2 (3 times) etc.

Or a1, b1, a2, b2, a3, b3, (repeat 3 times).

I don't care about the exercises as much as the set, rep, rest scheme. I'm pretty lean already but I'm on that summer cut so I may give this a try.
>>
>>37960188

so an example round is

6 reps incline dumbbell bench
10s rest
12 reps incline barbell bench
10s rest
25 reps dumbbell bench

Do 3 rounds with 2 minutes rest between each round. A key part of it is selecting weight that you struggle to get the prescribed reps with. When I do it I usually need to go down in weight each round on one or two of the exercises to stay in that sweet spot
>>
>>37960295
Cool, thanks. I'll give it a try.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.