[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to buy quality dumbbells?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 40kg_rubber_dumbbell_kit_2.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
40kg_rubber_dumbbell_kit_2.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1600
Can anyone of you recommend a company that produces high quality dumbbells?
I prefer spending more money for some quality over shit where the rings flies off after two sets.
Where did you buy your stuff?
>>
>>37957625
Craigslist, m8. There are loads of people who buy really nice equipment and then never use it, especially if you live in a big city. Good way to build a home gym on the cheap.
>>
Rings fly off? What?
Just buy the cheapest cast iron plates you can get. Make sure your plates fit your dumbells, barbell and ez bar or whatever you have
Weight is weight.
I recommend screw locks btw, like in your pick. Cheap clamps do come off and that sucks
>>
I have been using these for over 3 years, I have bought and added more plates to them, they can hold 60 pounds each but I keep them at 35 pounds.

I have get to find better ones than these, I have seen them at Sears and Amazon.

Never buy the ones at walmart with the black plastic/rubber grips!! those are garbage and will break after a week of use!!
>>
File: crap.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
these are the ones you avoid like the plague, the middle part breaks off and the plates will move to the middle and will injure your hand.
>>
>>37958481
Ive been using these for a year with no problems whatsoever. How the fuck are you using them wrong?
>>
>>37957625
Its dumbells not dumb bells you illeterate nigger
>>
File: 10083053.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10083053.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>37957634
This is pretty good idea
>>37958432
I have these as well, though I never bought extra plates for them so 30 on 1 is the max for mine.

I use these CAP Barbell dumbbells when I don't feel like going to the gym. I'd try to get them second-hand because they're stupidly expensive if you buy them at a sporting goods store like academy. If you don't like the rubberized ones, they make cast-iron ones as well which are also cheaper. The cast iron ones have a straight grip whereas the rubberized ones have the bulge in the middle of the handle.
>>
Walmart has cheap dumbbells that are just as good as anywhere else. That or craigslist.
>>
>>37957625
>Mine are from the 90s maybe earlier
>use threaded grips some of which require vice grips to remove and apply
>The weights are sand and it comes with a bar for you hand placement to keep the weights from crushing inward on your hands
>I have real weights the problem being the sand weights have a different dimension for the bar they go on
>Still add on Olympic weights even though they're a tad bit oversized

Works
Thanks for hoarding dad
>>
>>37958872
It says dumbbells in every dictionary. I don't know why you call it dumbells then.
>>
>>37957625
The shitty thing about spinlocks is you can't use the blunt end to kick them up off your leg.

Been thinking about getting some ironmaster or powerblock adjustables. shit's expensive but not compared to a full set of hexagon or pro dbs and you'd be set for life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.