[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started lifting moderatly a few months ago and i want to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: goldstandard.jpg (20 KB, 290x450) Image search: [Google]
goldstandard.jpg
20 KB, 290x450
I started lifting moderatly a few months ago and i want to try supplements to build more mass, can someone give me recommendations for what to buy as a beginner? Money is no issue

19/194cm/82kg
>>
Oats & Whey from Optimum Nutrition
Beef amino's from universal
Creapure creatine from universal
>>
>>37957452
Whey, creatine, energy blends, test boosters, etc. are all just memes designed to separate uneducated young men from their money. Just fucking eat food, there's nothing in those magic supplement bottles that you can't get plenty of from food. The only supplements that actually make a difference aren't the kind that you can buy at GNC.
>>
>>37957452
i got dat gas son
>>
Jesus fuckin Christ when will this ON shilling stop?? I'm not buying your shit anymore cause this is getting ridiculous
>>
I just use:

Whey (gold standard)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakebenefits.htm

BCAA
http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/5-reasons-bcaas-are-critical-to-your-transformation.html

Glutamine
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glutamine.htm

Fish oil
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/4-main-fish-oil-benefits.htm

And apple cider vinegar (personal favorite, helps me cut hunger right away).
>>
>>37960081
ON is very tasty.
>>
Eggs.
>>
File: 1427069128721.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1427069128721.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>37960081

>not buying anymore because this is getting ridiculous

That's not a valid reason. It blends extremely well and is well priced. Only problem, IMO, is that it's all fast digesting protein. A 50/50 blend of whey and casein has been proven to work better. But it probably doesn't really matter.
>>
I'm >>37960135 here again to tell you: If you have time to pour and mix a protein shake, then you have time to prep your eggs too. Hard boil them. They last 5 days in the fridge. Easy to eat just the whites. Cheap as fuck. Complete protein. And if you still say you want to supplement then you're a fucking eggnoramous. #dadjokes2016
>>
>>37960130
Gultamine is shit supplementing glutamine does nothing you are wasting your money. Myprotein is better and cheaper than gold standard. Stop buying shit from bb.com, they overcharge.
>>
Can confirm that Double Chocolate is best ON
>>
>>37960217

My link has sources, your posts has insults and you just assume i buy shit from them, fuck off.
>>
>>37960217
Glutamine does wonders for joint issues. If you don't have joint issues it won't do anything for you.
>>
>>37957452
here is the perfect shake
1cup oats
2cups eggwhite
1cup mango
1cup peaches

>>37959885
this
>>
>>37960248
well dayum if that's the best one I'm scared to try their other flavors
>>
>>37957452
Don't buy anything besides whey and even that should be incorperated into your diet like normal food to hit your macronutrient goals. There's nothing magical about whey protein. It's just as good as chicken breast. Whey is good when you are lacking protein and the food you are eating is sweet. Can't really put chicken breast in oats with milk, unless you're some savage. On top of that, eat a healthy diet, with lots of leafy greens and complex carbs and some fruit. Your protein should come from lean meat and whey and your fat should come from nuts, seeds and to a smaller degree healthy oils like olive or sunflower oil.

Now, once you think you've got a good foundation, you may want to try out creatine and beta alanine. Both supplements have very strong evidence from studies suggesting to aid increasing strength and muscle hypertrophy to a slight degree and they are both completely save to take. Pretty cheap on top of that. Only take 5g of both on a daily basis, on rest days too. Of course you can do without too, not like they'll turn you into a beast, they just help you a little bit. It's not steroids and don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you otherwise.

Now the only thing you might still be lacking, is sun. Vitamin D deficiency is very common throughout the more northern regions of the world and there's not really anything you can do about it aside from going to a tanning shop regularly or taking Vitamin D3 supplemts. I'd recommend you go with the supplements, because you know, skin cancer and it's also a lot less expensive. Just search for the cheapest supplement on ebay you can get in bulk. I bought a 500 pill 5000IU each for like 30 bucks. Just make sure you don't go above 10000IU a day, which is still a very save dosage. Some people experience symptomps of Vitamin D toxicity around 20000IU, so don't overdo it.

With this you should be set and not lack in anything, which could hinder or slow down your gains.
>>
>>37959885
The point of whey is a practical one, getting cals and protons fast with dome other stuff as well.
Creatine works, thats why its not that advertised by supplement brands
>>
>>37957452

>asks question
>literally answers own question with pic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.