[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of running should I be doing if I want a fast 1.5 /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
What kind of running should I be doing if I want a fast 1.5 / 2 mile?

Long distance or HIIT sprints?
>>
>>37957013

get a feeling for what kind of pace/output constitutes your ceiling, and spend as much time as possible there.

And by that I mean about 80-90% of your max output, work on improving your fitness at THAT level of output -- that is what correlates most closely to < 5k distances.
>>
Generally long distance, mile plus events are almost all aerobic. Throw some sprints, intervals, hills,and plyometrics if you're actually competing and/or for general fitness.
>>
>>37957084
Just jump rope.
>>
You gonna ace your fitness test?
>>
>>37957097
bleh, you get better at the things you do, the more often you do them.

dude should run, so he gets the form down and used to the mental aspect of being tired from running.
>>
>>37957084
>>37957089
So just do fast 5k's?

>>37957103
i'll try
>>
>>37957125
doesn't have to be a 5k.

Run a mile at a moderate pace, then up the pace until it's just barely maintainable. Work on extending that 2nd part of the run.

what you're doing there is increasing your body's recovery rate, the 2nd part of the run increases your body's ability to handle faster paces in the first step.
>>
>>37957197
Wouldn't that only equal running like 1.5 miles total?

Would your body even adapt to such little mileage
>>
>>37957237
it's progressive overload for your vo2 max, which is what you need to train if you want to improve your mid-distance running.
>>
>>37957259
So not HIIT?
>>
>>37957013
Both, faggot
>>
>>37957299
You should do both, anon. You'll never be a "complete" runner without both distance and speed
>>
Will smoking a few (like 4-5) cigarettes a week hurt my cardio gains?
>>
>>37957013
Oh shit, I can actually help you op

Here is what I did, Monday is distance, as in 6+ miles. Tuesday is 3 miles or so along with some 800m repeats, Wednesday is 3 or 4 miles, Thurs is same as Tues, Fri is 3 or 4 like Wednesday. Basicllay, you need to train for longer than you race for. For that distance you need long tempo runs m8, I am sorry
>>
You should only run long distances, because it's a low efficiency training ; you don't want to be too muscular, since only roasties like that, not real women. If you're too muscular, you only get off on short-term small boosts of dopamine in sex ; but if you can accept to be less muscular, you can get a longer lasting joy through oxytocin w/o sex by cuddling with a woman who can make you feel secure and care for you.
>>
>>37958014
Will cripple your cardio.

t. former smoker of 10 years.
>>
>>37958512
/fit/ is not the place for KEKS. Get out of here and leave us all be. Shitnigger.
>>
>>37958490
I don't understand what you mean m8

This is what I do atm

4 runs a week

2 of them are 100% effort 60s sprints x 6 (with 1 mile warm up and 1 mile warm down)

2 of them are relaxed 4 mile runs
>>
i would do distance first to get a solid stamina base. if you could run 4-5 miles reasonably easily, 2 miles will feel easier. afterwards, doing some speed work is important. this involves sprints, plyos, hillwork, ect

ps if you're struggling with building a base, the couch to 5k program is a good place to start
>>
>>37958544
I mean you have to run longer distances than you want to be fast at
>>
>>37958582
What do you mean by the 800m repeats?

And I need to be running 5 days a week?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.