[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ can you explain to my fat friend how a cut works he is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
/fit/ can you explain to my fat friend how a cut works he is 290, and only eats 600 cal a day, but not losing weight. don't you have to eat atleast 1500cal a day for your body to not think it's starving
>>
File: 1467544112652.jpg (220 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
1467544112652.jpg
220 KB, 500x679
>>
>>37956414
I also went on hard diet month and something ago.
and only lost 1 kg. I think body recognizes something is wrong and reduces metabolism.
>>
>>37956414
If you starve your body it will start to use whatever nutrients you give it and store it as fat.
>>
>>37956414
he's lying or stupid
how long has he been doing this for?
>>
>>37956414
600 calories at 290 is almost Ghandi-tier diet. The goal is to reduce your intake from a vacuum cleaner to a dust-pan, while working out.
>>
>>37956414
This is how your friend thinks
>Burger from mcDonalds
"Oh, that can't be more than, what, 200 calories? It's just beef and bread, that's healthy for you. The fries and drink are included, they don't count. Let's switch that drink to a milkshake."

BANG, he's had over 1500 calories and he thinks he's only had 200.

Source: grew up fat, fat family. this is how these people think.
>>
>>37956695
Seriously? I lost about 1,5kg in a week, even though my daily 1500 calories consisted only of sweets.

Have you been working out? I think that this is more important than what you are eating.
>>
He's either not exercising or cheating.

Also it takes like a week before you see any progress at all.
>>
>>37956695
Bullshit.

YOUR BODY CANT CHEAT PHYSICS.
ITS THE LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS

CALS IN
CALS OUT

ITS EASY AS FUUCK
>>
>>37956414
Because he won't lose in two days, he won't in two weeks and will probably notice small loses after two months.

He is only fucking this up though, he is not eating properly and not working out muscles, and the body will only take this as starvation, hence cortisol (also know as our gains goblin) will go up as fuark and start eating your muscles to make energy for your brain. It will eat also a bit of fat but considering he's fat as fuck, he won't even notice it. After two weeks of small ammount of protein, calories and no working out your muscle will start to go away.

Remember, our body is made to save organs and not muscle. The correct way to lose fat is to work out, eat properly, eat protein and drink water and all that shit that it's in the sticky.

t. spanish medfag
>>
>>37956414
>he only eats 600 cal a day

no he doesn't. lol
>>
>>37956414
First of all, he's lying about his calorie intake.
And you are a fucking idiot.

There is no such thing as starvation mode.
If he was eat 600cals a day then he would be losing 2+lbs a week.

So he is lying about his intake.
He's probably not counting drinks, not looking at calories, etc etc.
>>
>>37956414
me on the left
>>
>>37956695
No you didn't. No it didn't.

I'm not going to shit all over you, but I'm just gonna say you did something incorrectly. You either didn't track your calories correctly or you overestimated your TDEE.

If you're losing weight every week at a certain amount of calories, but it isn't as much as you want to be losing, eat a little less.
>>
>>37956414
He's lying to you, lying to himself, or you're baiting.

I'm a filthy fucking Native American who can't control his urge to gamble, so I can't help but bet on the fact that you're baiting us.
>>
>>37956414
Your friend needs to consult a physicist.
>>
1. Have your friend calculate his TDEE by using an online calculator. This is maintenence weight.
2. Download MyFitnesPal app and start tracking calories. Do this for a week having him eat at maintenance so he can learn what proper portions look like.
3. Now take his TDEE and subtract 500 from it.
4. This is now his healthy "cut" daily calorie goal
5. Track calories and keep up the cut while exercising
6. Weight loss made easy, as long as you don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>37957128
If your metabolism slows you have less calories out. It's not OK to be this autistic in public anon.
>>
>only eats 600 cal a day,
Yeah, sure. I wish I had a $100 every time I heard a fat person say this. My obese co-workera claimed the same. I then tracked what they ate for lunch daily. Their average caloric intake for lunch was 1800. That's not counting them eating breakfast when they arrived and the snacks they munch on throughout the day.
>>
>>37957849
where do the calories go, anon?
>>
>>37956414

>290 and only eats 600 cal a day

i guess he is also a liar then
>>
>>37957849
>muh metabolism
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/slow-metabolism/faq-20058480
Most fat people have higher metabolisms since the body needs more energy to maintain itself.
>>
>>37957981
70% of consumed calories body uses just to maintain its warm blooded temperature, other big parts go for brain and other organs. And ofcourse some because of moving,
Basicaly when youre starving yourself body switches to emergency saving mode
>>
>>37956414
>only 600 cal

Why he lying tho
>>
>>37958032
>He is seriously falling for the "starvation mode" myth!!!!
>>
>>37957981
If your body's metabolism slows down you'll feel tired, have less body heat etc, could lower your daily expenditure by up to 800. Calories aren't going anywhere your body just isn't using them, so you get fatter. This is why you shouldn't be retarded and eat 250 calories a day.

Less calories burned means more weight gained, this is why diets that starve you don't work. You must eat enough to prevent starvation and meet macros but less than your daily calorie expenditure.

I lost 40 lbs in 2 months by eating the same shit and increasing my metabolism and working out, didn't lose a gram of muscle.
>>
>>37956414
I'm 175 and cutting at 1200, your friend is lying
>>
>>37958032
Are you actually this retarded, or are you just pretending? I'm genuinely curious.

If you've found a way to maintain body weight with less calories than it takes to maintain them, then you need to get on the phone with SOMEONE and get a paper published ASAP. You could fucking end world hunger. How can you sleep at night knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are dying of starvation, and millions more are suffering every waking our of their lives while you sit and reap the benefits of this genetic mutation?
>>
>>37958064
how do you increase your metabolism aside exercise?
>>
>>37958082
I didnt fucking said maintain weight you twathole
ofcourse youre gonna lose but not as effectivelly in the long run as on not so drastic caloric deficit you retarded imbecile
>>
>>37958032
>yourself body switches to emergency saving mode
There isn't an "emergency saving mode" aka "starvation mode". It's a myth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment
>>
>>37958028
Doesn't matter, metabolism slows when you starve yourself, regardless of weight. Need to bring it back up to lose faster. Or cut more calories and lose muscle in addition to fat.

>>37958085
>how do you increase your metabolism aside exercise?

Just avoid foods that slow it down, eat tons of meals with little food in them, 6+ a day. Your body won't think it's starving if you're giving it 200 calories every 2-3 hours. In fact it'll think it's being flooded with food, despite you only eating 1400 or less each day.
>>
File: Untitled.png (84 KB, 1281x646) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
84 KB, 1281x646
>>37958130
your link to article gives answer that there IS drop in metabolism aka emergency mode
>>
>>37958099
Oh, you're still telling me that you've slowed the process of weight loss, then? Effectively cutting the amount of calories one WOULD need to eat to maintain body weight if they're currently starving?

Jesus fucking CHRIST you seriously still need to get a paper about this published. There are loads of starving people all over the world that I'm sure would be fucking ecstatic to learn that their bodies are lying to them and they're not suffering from sever malnutrition and complications caused by being severely underweight. All they need to do is believe in "starvation mode"!

JESUS BE PRAISED HALLELUJAH!
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 520x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 520x432
>>37956414
It's actually fairly well known that the nazis didn't technically starve the Jews, they just kept them at around 1200 calories a day to prevent starvation mode. Eventually you become pic related. Had they eaten nothing starvation mode would have kept them sluggish but fairly plump.
>>
>>37958155
stop posting
>>
>>37958207
No
>>
>>37958192
holy shit, my autism radar if off the charts mate.
AND yes you are slowing weight loss in the LONG RUN because your metabolism slows the fuck down
>>
>>37958163
You're aware of what happens when you lose weight, right?
>>
>>37958192
If you're starving then your metabolism has already slowed itself as low as it will go. Starvation mode is a meme because metabolism doesn't suddenly drop, it drops gradually.
>>
>>37958259
what's metabolism, anon? how does it slow down?
>>
File: laughing.png (1 MB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
laughing.png
1 MB, 1000x668
>>37958214

You have yet to produce a shred of evidence from a peer reviewed study stating what you're saying is correct. Yet there are tens of thousands of people who restrict their caloric intake to lose weight every year.

Starving yourself is bad for you. It puts a LOT of stress on your body, and you become exceedingly unhealthy, but "starvation mode" is a myth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
>>
>>37956414
>only eats 600 cal a day, but not losing weight

He's cheating, or not measuring portions properly
>>
>>37958259
It doesn't slow down, your TDEE just drops as you weight drops.
>>
>>37958201
LOL
>>
>>37958032
Oh, honey. Let me tell you about a theory called YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG
>>
>>37958273
Metabolism is the rate of chemical reactions in your body. Dehydration, caramel coloring, not exercising, and eating single, large meals lowers it.
>>
>>37958259
Starvation mode is a meme because it doesn't burn fat faster, just like fasting and other idiotic fads.

Your metabolism can actually drop in a matter of hours. Some hormones are supposed to do it at night and morning, and this is what people does to "up their metabolism", they actually just fuck up with cortisol, ACTH, TSH, T4, insuline and even HGH in some cases.

What doesn't drop until a couple of weeks is body fat, muscle mass and water retention. Losing weight is something that naturally needs to take it's time so the body can actually adjust to the new needs without activating the so called starvation mode.
>>
>>37958348
Yeah anon I agree with you.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>37958341
>>
>>37958163

These effects are accompanied with severe mental effects as well though.

It seems there's a starvation mode, eventually. But if you more or less feel like your normal self you haven't hit it yet.
>>
>>37958201
...in fact, some of them would actually have ballooned in weight due to their genetics, right? A phenomenon observed in Ethiopia in the 80s and 90s where we saw all those morbidly obese Ethiopians dead from starvation.

Please stop posting.
>>
Do you guys not read the sticky on purpose? Or do you just like being clueless?
>>
>>37956414
Here's what you can do for your friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9AvVu-P6Do
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.