[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I learn about nutrition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: beefsteak.jpg (169 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
beefsteak.jpg
169 KB, 400x400
I'm currently on an 800 calorie diet, I know it's not exactly healthy but I've got a lot of fat to burn and it buys me time to solve this problem I have. The thing is, I actually like cooking, feels creative and shit, I'd gladly get into it, but I'm not sure how to. To find motivation to cook proper healthy food, I need to know what proper healthy food fucking is in the first place. I know what carbohydrates, fibers, protein and fat are, but that only goes so far. Then there's calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, god knows how many Vitamin [Letter here] there are. How and where do I learn how much of all these things I need, what they actually do for my body and what food contains them? Feels like a huge mess and something they really should've mentioned in school at some point.
>>
All you need are macros.

Minerals and vitamins are more than enough with a multivitamin and differing food sources
>>
>>37956034
https://cronometer.com/
Just count your micros and let the autismo flow familia
>>
>>37956034
If you've got a lot of fat to burn, then maybe you shouldn't have your kcal count so low, lest you end up with a fuck load of loose skin.
>>
>>37956034
https://kat.cr/understanding-nutrition-14th-edition-2015-pdf-gooner-t11657819.html
>>
>>37956089

Not true at all, and foods can have negative health effects not immediately apparent by looking at their macros/micros
>>
https://kat.cr/eat-complete-the-21-nutrients-that-fuel-brainpower-boost-weight-loss-epub-zeke23-t12624030.html

This is technically a recipe book but I think it might suit you
>>
https://kat.cr/complete-family-nutrition-boost-energy-happy-healthy-kids-balanced-diet-healthy-weight-optimal-brain-power-jane-clarke-dk-publishing-pdf-moodiemimi-t12573981.html

This one is aimed at moms but it talks about what you wanted to know
Also it says it's removed but you can still download removed torrents, google how
>>
>>37956034
My basic rule of thumb is to eat an ~40/40/20 split between protein carbs and fat and to make sure that my carb sources contain at least one green vegetable (broccoli, green beans, peas, spinach, kale, etc). For protein try to stick to lean(ish) meats, eggs, and milk. For fats avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils (I pretty much just use butter, olive oil and rarely bacon).

Avoid simple sugars as much as possible.
>>
800 calories will actually make you go into starvation mode and make you GAIN fat instead. You have to go 600 calories and full juice cleanse detox with a vegetable juice enema every 48 hours if you wish to see any results at all.
>>
>>37956152
If nothing else just take a look at this one
I think it's a textbook so it's huge but it's not like you have to read it front to back. Unless you want to of course.
>>
>>37956622
What kind of nonsense is that? I've done this once before, lost 35 kilograms of mostly fat. I know that it works. I also know that it's not as healthy as eating 1500+ calories of healthy food, but still, it doesn't make you fatter, stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>>
NutritionFacts.org is the only good answer maybe physiciens committee for responsible medicine too

All the rest are either retarded or meat/dairy board hired guns.
>>
>>37956153
>Not true at all, and foods can have negative health effects not immediately apparent by looking at their macros/micros

So some food just has magical properties that make it some unhealthy somehow but in an unmeasurable way?

Yeah real smart, you're onto something bro.
>>
>>37958809
There's a lot of variables into food, things like the way you cook them and such have an effect
I don't think said effect affects that much however but maybe op has autism and wants to know
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.