[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calisthenics vs Free Weights vs Machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lydia.jpg (15 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
lydia.jpg
15 KB, 236x354
Let's hear the truth:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10768387
>>
If you do weighted calisthenic moves does it still count as calisthenics or what?
>>
>>37953636

calisthenics is only bodyweight
>>
>>37953607
kys
>>
>>37953653

no u
>>
>>37953659
k but u 2 still
>>
Why are there more votes for just free weights rather than calisthenics AND free weights?
>>
>>37953607

They all have their place anon.

Bodyweight for becoming better at moving your body.

Weights for size and strength.

Machines to hit specific muscles like when you need to rehab or you want joocey biceps. Say you want to hit your hamstrings, easiest done with a machine.
>>
>>37953636
It doesn't matter, unless you do calisthenics for status, if so kys
>>
Calisthenics are fun when you want to work out with a friend who goes to a diff gym, or if you just wanna chill at the park and pick up qts. Recently started doing muscle ups, currently learning how to handstand on the bars
>>
>>37953607
Machines are best for aesthetics.
Barbells are best for autism.
Dumbbells are best for CHAD.
t.2year lifter
>>
>>37954764
>calisthenics for status
hwut
Hobos can and will do calisthenics. Who the fuck does bodyweight for "status"?
>>
>>37953607
Start with free weights, work your way up with machines (but also keep doing free weights) and then shred with calisthenics.
>>
I love calisthenics. I mix in weights as well but man, when I can do some bodyweight exercises that few people can do, it gives me an ego boost. Don't get me wrong, lifting heavy feels badass too but I'm weak as fuck right now.
Just a few weeks ago, I was doing some muscle ups and after I finished my set an old lady came up to me and said that was impressive and that was one of her goal to be able to do that, and that I look strong.
>>
>>37956910
The same type of people who don't eat meat or do crossfit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.