[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this shoe for powerlifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: scarpe-powerlift-2-0.jpg (149 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
scarpe-powerlift-2-0.jpg
149 KB, 590x590
It's a Adidas POWERLIFT 2.0
>>
>>37953114
What the fuck do you mean? Do you want to know if it's any good? The fact that you're asking if powerlifts are any good tells me you need to lift a little longer before you worry about going to a power lifting meet and embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>37953145
fuck you!
>>
>>37953347
>>37953114
Faaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>37953114
Got them. Pretty good for lifting, quite shitty for Squat. You can find them sometimes at low price.
>>
>>37953436
Why do you think they shitty for squatting?

I squatted in running shoes until 2 weeks ago and then switched to flat shoes, because I read squatting in running shoes is bad. But with the flat shoes I have a problem with depth, i guess because of bad ankle mobility, so now I am squatting with plates under heels.

That's why I was thinking about buying some weightlifting shoes and powerlifts 2 seemed like a good option. I would use them mostly for squatting, that's why I am asking.
>>
>>37953114
they look ugly
>>
>>37953509
t. Faggot
>>
>>37953500
The problem is the drop. In fact, if you have bad ankle mobility, you need choose with a good drop, or, like you made, using plates under your heels.
Personnaly, i keep squatting with theses shoes, because, i think it's weird to bring two pairs of shoes and change them only for this exercice.
>>
>>37953528
Then power perfet II would probably be better option for me, they have bigger drop (higher heel), but they are 95€ i think.

The thing is, I would have to bring 2 shoes with me anyway, since we should deadlift in flat shoes and I deadlift every session (Starting strength). So I feel bad about spending 95€ just for squatts ... Hard decission.
Thanks for help.
>>
>>37953625
I also DL with thoses one, but if you want, you can DL in socks.
>>
>>37953500
Don't listen to that guy. They're absolutely fine for squatting unless you can't dorsiflex your ankles AT ALL.
>>
>>37953436
They're fucking squat shoes you moron.
>>
>>37953805
How fucking stupid are you, lad?
>>
>>37953625
I bring two shoes monday and change into converse for DL.
Thursday I just DL in Adipowers to make the pause DL a little harder.
>>
>>37953114
they're fine. if you can afford power perfect 2's or romelos get those instead tho. also for addidas always buy a size smaller than you normally get
>>
>>37953114
Good for squats, cleans, bench, and some people OHP in them. Don't deadlift in them
>>
I've been using them for a few months now.
They're nice, and worth it just if you want to use them to squat instead of using running shoes. I don't regret buying them at all.
I don't know how they compare to other lifting shoes though.
>>
>>37953785
>Don't listen to that guy. They're absolutely fine for squatting unless you can't dorsiflex your ankles AT ALL.

Like i said, i squat with them (in fact, i do every lifting movements with them, including DL), it's just that squat is not their purpose.
>>
>>37953893
>>37953893
>>37953893
>>37953893

this
>>
>>37953759
>>37954106
>>37953785
I could work on ankle mobility (and it's not really bad atm, just not very good) some more and probably make them work, since few other anons >>37953901 , >>37953893 , >>37953828 said they feel fine squatting in them. Will probably get them since price is ok.
>>
>>37953114
i have the blue/white ones. theyre good but there are better ones. The adipowers for instance.
>>
>>37953625
these shoes aare durable and will last a life time since youre only squatting with them. spending 95 euros for at least 10 years of lifting is cheap.
>>
>>37954188
sometimes, you can find them at 60€
>>
>>37953814
>slightly raised heels
>hard solid sole
>not for squatting
Not as stupid as you apparently.
>>
>>37953145
>>37953357
You sound like an absolute prick. Why couldn't you just give him a straight answer?
>>
>>37955844
>We should nurture people asking retarded shit
Adidas Powerlifts are an entry level power lifting shoe. Anyone who has been around longer than a week can figure this out. Fuck off retard.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
Do you anons think these pair of shoes would be suitable for squatting?
>>
ninja slippers FTW
>>
>not doing every exercise flat footed
fucking plebs
>>
>>37956065
>powerlifting shoe
Now I've seen it all.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.