[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That feel when lower back hurts from benching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160715_011859.jpg (76 KB, 994x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_011859.jpg
76 KB, 994x1024
>That feel when lower back hurts from benching
>>
Upper back arch not lower
>>
>tfw hamstrings seize up during pullups
>>
>>37950761
Explain

My shit is sore as fuck now
>>
File: 1463423111192.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1463423111192.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
>tfw testicular torsion from skull crushers

Jdimsa
>>
>>37950768
dont listen to him, your lower back gets flexed too, mine feels worked right after benching as well
>>
>>37950781
Yeah but it kind of hurts during benching

My ass is definitely fixed on the bench too so it's not like im hip thrusting it or whatever
>>
>>37950781
It gets flexed as well but the focus is in drawing your shoulders back and bending in the thoracic vertebrae. The arch is to protect your shoulders(and secondly shorten ROM)
>>
>>37950845
How do I do without hurting my shit up is the question?
>>
>>37950854
Raise your chest while keeping your arse on the bench and feet flat.

My lower back is shit (one of the main reasons I started lifting) and I get no pain from benching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI

Disregard art of fedora and the moustache faggot. Listen to rippletits
>>
>>37950899
Just took a vid of my bench, my elbows are like 45° is that ok? Will I impinge my shit up?
>>
>>37950914
I'm fucking lost. Elbows at 45 degrees?

Fucking lay flat on your back, with your feet flat on the ground. Lift the bar off the rack, bring it down until it touches your chest, then lift it off you until you straighten your arms. That is one rep.
>>
>>37951163
Enjoy your fucked shoulders.
>>
>>37950781

It will get flexed, but the ideal back arch for benching is as much upper as you can get and the bare minimum of lower needed to get your arse on the bench from that position. The advantages come from the upper back arching - big lower arch and poor upper is just contorting yourself for no advantage.
>>
>>37951163
No
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.