[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been lifting for 3 months >sunday biceps/triceps 5x7 hammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: ybOzqFe.jpg (34 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
ybOzqFe.jpg
34 KB, 500x471
>been lifting for 3 months
>sunday biceps/triceps
5x7 hammer curls
5x7 bicep dumbell curls
5x7 bicep barbell curls
5x7 skull crushers
5x7 tricep press
>monday chest
5x7 barbell bench press
5x7 barbell incline bench press
5x7 cable chest press
>tuesday back
5x7 deadlifts
5x7 lat pulldowns
5x7 back extensions
>wednesday shoulders
5x7 overhead press
5x7 dumbell overhead press
5x7 cable shoulder press
>thursday legs
5x7 squats
5x7 leg press
5x7 calf raise
>decide to read the sticky, thinking about doing an actual program instead
>starting strength is literally chest press, deadlifts, and squats 3 days a week
Can anyone recommend me a program that actually does one body part a day and supersets biceps/triceps? I want to increase size and muscle mass, and I want something that will help increase the size of my arms in addition to the core that starting strength focuses on.
Or is what I'm currently doing good and I should just keep at it?
>>
SS, then PHAT or PHUL.
>>
>1 body-part a day
>>
>>37949495
>not using the entire 90 minutes you're at the gym to tear the shit of a muscle group, and then giving it a full week for recovery
>>
>>37949508
>full week to recover
Except that's wrong retard. Enjoy not being able to squat more than a pl8 in a year.

>inb4 I don't squat
>>
>>37949523
I'm going for size more than strength breh
>>
>>37949523
yadda yadda knees
>>
>>37949527
How do you think you get big retard? You need to be strong. Pls don't tell me you see those retards in your gym doing 1pl8 smith machine calf raises and waiving around 35lbs dumbbells that are super jacked and think they're natty.
>>
>>37949469
>Can anyone recommend me a program that actually does one body part a day and supersets biceps/triceps?

nah we dont care about brosplits

take the sticky advice or get out
>>
>>37949527
You don't need to wait a fucking week for your biceps to recover. Do full body 3-4x a week, it doesn't have to be SS.

Also,
>size/strength being totally separate

Learn about progressive overload and other basic training principles before you make your own program.
>>
>>37949493
>>37949552
Does starting strength still give you bicep/tricep/shoulder gains? It seems to me like it only does the core and ignores everything else.
>>
>>37949508
It doesn't matter how hard you hit a muscle group, protein synthesis completely returns down to normal levels after 36 hours at the most.

That's why high frequency full body or upper/lower routines exist
>>
>>37949570
Add in some curls and lat raises

>tricep/shoulder gains

Lmao what are bench and ohp
>>
>>37949570
What the fuck muscles do you think a bench, OHP, and pendlay row are hitting?
>>
>>37949579
I didn't see ohp in starting strength, and sure benching does triceps too, but not nearly as effectively as an isolation exercise like skullcrushers or tricep press.
should I do curls and lat raises on my off days, or after I'm done with my main workout
>>
>>37949595
You should load up 3 pl8 and suicide grip skullcrushers.
>>
>>37949595
>I didn't see ohp in starting strength

you have a severe case of fuckarounditis man
>>
>>37949469
>Wasted 3 months on some shit routine
>Want to continue wasting my time on a similar but slightly less shitty routine
But why?
>>
>25 sets of arms
>15 sets for the entire lower half of your body
Not gonna make it brah.
>>
>>37949977
Then what would you recommend I do anon?
>>
>>37949527
How much size do you think you're going to build size when you're working each part of your body once a week? Why would that be the optimal thing to do?
>>
>>37949508
>Being this new
>>
>>37949993
Starting strength, or a similar routine. Throw some curls in if you fancy, but don't change the routine substantially because you don't know what you're doing.
>>
Mate you dont need to follow a routine. Make your own program according to your goals. Just try and do 2 compounds each day, the fill the rest of your time with iso/cardio / whatever gets you to your goals, then take the next day off, then do it again. Thats all you need really.
>>
>>37949993
>>37950050
>>37950050
This.

As a beginner, your routine hardly matters as long as you're hitting most of the body and are raising the weight every time you lift.

SS just helps you max out on your bench/OHP/DL/PC/pull ups/squat as quick as possible-- basically training your nervous system since you can't get ridiculous strength gains due to muscle mass gain in a month or two.

Usually people stall in SS anywhere from 2-4 months then you move onto an intermediate routine. I'd success you stick with high weight low reps for big compounds and 8-12 for isolations. But doing high volume lower weight for big compounds to break through a PR is fine too
>>
>>37950050
>You don't need to follow a routine
>Just follow a routine
The difference is using a proven routine that countless others have achieved results on or making up shit when you don't know shit. Also you're a fucking moron too.
>>
>>37950050
Lmao, the garbage at the top of the page is what happened when he tried to make his own program.
>>
>>37949469

I have never ever done a brosplit, I have been lifting a year and a half, and I guarantee that I have more lean mass than you have bodyweight. I do a tricep and a bicep isolation no more than twice a week and I have 16.5 in arms.
>>
File: lCQ5mPg.png (361 KB, 800x799) Image search: [Google]
lCQ5mPg.png
361 KB, 800x799
>>37950210
can you give me your program senpai?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.