[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is so much ethnic food still garbage? It made sense back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Tacos,+Corona+and+Running.png (326 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Tacos,+Corona+and+Running.png
326 KB, 640x640
Why is so much ethnic food still garbage? It made sense back in the day to eat dense, high calorie foods when you're farming or raising 6 kids all day. Everyone blames the Western diet, which is also shit, but most countries have urbanized and the citizens are sedentary or lightly active. Indian, Mexican, and many other ethnic foods are still horrifically high calorie and there's been no push to correct it. Will there ever be?
>>
>>37948742

no one gives a fuck, or even thinks about it sadly
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 233x216
>>37948742

American food is garbage too...cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers, cheeseburgers.
>>
>>37948940

If you read past the first sentence, you'd know that I don't disagree.

>Everyone blames the Western diet, which is also shit

But there's this tendency to blame the growing obesity/diabetes problem in the world exclusively on the US and our awful diet. Jesus fuck. Has no one seen how much ghee is poured onto Indian lentils? Or how many calories are in a tortilla? This needs to be fixed but none of these governments have made any effort to change their country's staples.
>>
>>37948968
fatty gon fat
>>
>>37948968

Shit gets eaten in a different way, Mexicans don't eat like they're eating at Chevy's. Like when I lived in China people ate noodles but they didn't eat a giant ass bowl of thick noodles, like in the US. They had Sweet and Sour Pork/咕咾肉 but it wasn't quite as sugary and they wouldn't eat rice unless they hadn't ordered enough main dishes and were still hungry.

Indian Indians are PO and certainly not eating shitloads of ghee every day.
>>
>>37948742
>ethnic food
>taco bell tacos
>>
>>37948742

>generalizing

>horrifically high calorie and there's been no push to correct it
The correction to "high calorie foods" is to "Eat less", that task is yours.

Also

>have freedom to eat whatever
>"why doesn't the gubernment do sumething???"
>>
>>37948756
>>37948742

Because no one needs to give a fuck.
>>
>>37948996
>Let's show everyone on a Malaysian shoemaking hobbyist forum that I am incapable of rational thought
>>
Wait seventeen tacos and 4 coronas is only 3200 calories? Shieeet I know what my next cheat meal is gonna be. Probably even fits my macros desu
>>
>>37948742
>back in the day

A lot of ethnic shitholes still have people who farm and raise 6 kids all day.

Take Mexicans for example. Mexican men are typically much thinner than their women, even though they eat the same high calorie garbage. It's because they do Manuel labor (huehuehue) and their women sit at home and don't burn calories.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.