[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first day at the gym today, and I'm pumped! any new gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: HarrellPumped.gif (3 MB, 413x305) Image search: [Google]
HarrellPumped.gif
3 MB, 413x305
first day at the gym today, and I'm pumped!

any new gym go-ers here?
>>
Joined 8 months ago, started getting serious 3 months ago. Do I qualify?
>>
>>37946286
yes.

how's your progress going?
>>
First day too! Hence why I'm on /fit/ and not /pol/ although im not racist...

I moved back with my mom who lives in Florida and her apartment has a gym, it was filled with old people and i was embarrassed cause im fat ;(
>>
thinking about going to a ymca or something down the road for weights, maybe someone will know what i should work on if i want to be able to do more than two pull ups.

ive never spent time in a gym and i dont know anyone who does. ive lost a lot of weight this year and i need to do something about all this skin though ....
>>
>>37946226
I was gonna go today but its raining.
>>
>>37948027
Inside the gym? Find a better gym.

Otherwise just man the fuck up.
>>
>>37946870
>virtue signaller
>fat
>embarrassed

could you be any more pathetic?
>>
i've been at the gym for about 3 weeks.

today I conquered my fear of bench pressing.. hella pumped for the future.
>>
I started last month and I was so fucking bummed out by my pathetic maxes I stopped going for a while.

I went today and did great at cardio, but still have small maxes. I can't curl to save my life.
>>
>>37949217
Have somebody teach you or read a lot about form. Or RIP your shoulders.
>>
File: 8b0.png (10 KB, 450x401) Image search: [Google]
8b0.png
10 KB, 450x401
>>37946226
>mfw i cant imagine going to the gym on the first day only to realize nothing will happen to my body for another 6 months
>>
>>37948027

>not setting off the fire alarm sprinklers so everyone runs out and you can finally use the machine you need

pleb
>>
ive been at it nearly 6 years straight nonstop

its just become apart of my life, you better hope it becomes that way or you'll probably quit, ive gone through like 10 gym partners in the last 6 years who all eventually give up
>>
>>37949492
This. This this this x100.
>>
>>37949451
ive had some friends teach me.

i just have a bit of a tough time keeping the bar straight
>>
>>37949470
Those six months are going to go by either way. Might as well get shit done.
>>
>>37949492
fuck man, i dont take anyone else under my wing, you put time and effort and they piss it all away. i dont even answer any questions anymore
>>
>>37949727
Yeah, I've basically stopped helping people in regards to lifting as well.

There's only so many times you can repeat the same shit to people and to see them just give up relatively quickly. It just gets old after awhile.

Now I just pretend like I don't know anything and I just tell them to go lift, and if they ask to come with me I just make up excuses as to why I can't lift with them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.