[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What muscle group does this exercise do? Or what is the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: uhh.png (312 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
312 KB, 600x400
What muscle group does this exercise do? Or what is the point of this exercise?

Rio Olympics are upon us and normies are talking about gymnastics-based exercises now
>>
>>37946006
It isnt for muscle.
It is for mobility.

Shoulder and hip mobility, mostly shoulder
>>
>>37946006

>Or what is the point of this exercise?

It makes the coach look super hardcore and badass while the natural talent of the hand selected genetic freaks does all of the actual work.

It probably also does a little bit to strengthen the lats and abdominals, and possible stretch the hamstrings. It does none of these things as proper weight training.
>>
>>37946050
Can normal people do this exercise and not pop our their shoulder joints? What is the normal people equivalent of "hanging by your elbows on a bar and grasping your feet" exercise?

>>37946091
The coach does look very badass and hardcore
>>
>>37946091
>muh jennetix
Go back to >>>/r9k/ and stay go
>>
>>37946187
Yes, motherfucker.

Start with some normal shoulder mobility work
Brachial hangs
German hangs
Skin the cat
That one where you stand under a low doorway and push up, then step forward so your arms are backwards (while keeping them straight)
Shoulder-breakers (when you hold a bar or resistance band overhead, then lower it to your hips below your back. Do both with straight atm and without, and at varying grip widths)
By then you can probably start doing hangs like this
Doesnt seem that extreme, tbqh
>>
>>37946251
>atm
Arm*
>>
>>37946194
What you are neglecting is that olympic competitors are genetic freaks.
Granted once each category started out, there was a diverse range of builds, but once it started to refine, people with certain length levers, heights and builds started winning.
That's why olympic athletes are genetic freaks.
If you don't believe me look up the winter olympics, women were only recently allowed to compete, and they are almost all bigger than the men, because it hasn't refined to have only petite people compete in it yet.
>>
>>37946251
Jesus fucking christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws086DGCNjk
>>
>>37946310
You seemed to have misinterpreted my first post. Let me break it down i to a simple, two-step plan
1. You go to >>>/r9k/
2. You stay go

It really is THAT EASY!!!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!
Call right now at 555-come-on-now and we will DOUBLE your offer!!!

That is TWO pls go >>>/r9k/ for the value of ONE
NOT TO MENTION you get not one, but TWO stay go

All with three EASY payments of $15.99,plus one difficult payment of $4.99, and a slightly less difficult payment of $2.99, then on final EASY payment of $9.99

Supplies are limited, so CALL RIGHT NOW!!!!
>>
>>37946330
Really not that hard or crazy.
Kids do it on the playground
>>
>>37946330
P.s. German hang is when you do a static hang in that position.

Skin the cat is what he did in that video. Which is basically the same thing, with a transition in and out of it. But sometimes you are too tired from hanging too long, so you just let go of the bar when doing the german hang
>>
>>37946050
and STRENGTH .
people who do rings hang still from it , its to create endurence and strength.
the longer the greater the ......
>>
>>37946917
This is not comparable to ringwork
>>
Gymnastics coach here. Its a mobility drill. Gymnasts spend a huge amount of time doing lots of bizarre calisthenics, usually invented by the coach. A lot of time is spent drilling certain body positions so they become automatic. Probably not useful for casuals
>>
>>37946091
>ok class, now I want to look hardcore
>*puts 90's shades on*
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.