[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Fit! 4 years. It's been 4 years since the last time I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: thatdamnguyoffdory.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thatdamnguyoffdory.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
/Fit!

4 years. It's been 4 years since the last time I lifted/ate right and such. I went from doing 4 sets of 10 reps of 225 pounds to fuck all of 3 sets of 10 of 115 pounds.

Anyway. I'm here to get some input of my workout routine and some diet tips. 4 years out, I don't remember much, but I remembered enough to get going.

Stats:
6'0
248 (fat)
Large build (wide shoulders etc etc)

Goals: Lose the fat weight. Get back to my old strength/weight (230)

Routine this week:
Lift from 5am - 7am
2 eggs with salsa in a tortilla for breakfast
3 scoops of GS protein in water
Either oatmeal or Raisin Bran
1 Banana

Lunch:
1 Grilled Chicken Breast
1 Cup of Cooked broccoli
1 Cup of mashed sweet potato
1 Apple

Supper:
Whatever the wife makes in moderation

Cardio for 30 minutes on Elliptical

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting about 200 grams of protein. All of my food is spread out. I.e. I eat my 'lunch' sweet potato at 3pm after eating lunch at 12pm.

Routine:

Monday: Chest and Back (dumbell/bar bench - lat pulldown - incline - one arm row - leverage machine iso row - leverage incline chest)

Tuesday: Legs and Abs (Squat - barbell lunge - barbell calf raise - decline crunches - crunches - leg curls - side bends - seated calf raises - leg press - a few misc machines)

Wednesday: Arms (Barbell/Dumbell curls - Bicep Curls - Dumbell preacher curl - Zottman curl - concentration curl - close bench press - tricep cable - barbell overhead tricep curl - standing barbell tricep curl)

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Shoulders and Back (Dumbell arnold press - Dumbell/Bar shrugs - Lateral raises - Dumbell shoulder press - Military Press (behind head) - Wide grip pulldowns - T Bar Row - Dumbell Row - Deadlift)

Saturday: Chest and Legs (Squad - Leg press - bench press - dips - lying leg curls - leg extentions - shit ton of pushups)
What could I be doing to enhance this routine?

Thanks /fit/
>>
>>37945800
>>
>>37945800

Surely someone has the desire to bust my balls for being a fuckup somewhere in this thread.
>>
wtf is your routine.

Just do PPL or something jesus.
>>
>>37946158

I had never even heard of that before now. I found this on Reddit:

PULL
Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls
PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

Pretty accurate depiction of what should be done?

Either way my routing is working well. It's pretty much what I did back then that had me get some good gains. Everything is spread out just well enough that when I have to hit that muscle group again it's not sore.
>>
>asks for routine advice
>posts shitty 5 day split
>gets better routine advice
>nah I'll do mine

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>37946218
Go back to plebbit and don't come back
>>
>>37946247

Did I say I wasn't taking the advice? I had never heard of it. I like what I"m doing, but I"m not gonna just do shit some random asshole on the internet says. I'll research it before I do anything. It looks legit, I had just never heard of it.
>>
>>37946346

First google result. Not a reddit user by any standard.
>>
>>37946349
Ppl is the ubiquitous, classic BB workout

If you haven't heard of it, you're a retard
>>
>>37946381

4 years ago I was going to the gym with 5 other prison guards that I worked with. We did a split routine which is why I'm doing that now, and I had never heard of it then. In 4 years I didn't give a shit about lifting so I"m pretty ignorant on routines.

You're as much a retard if you think everyone should know about this. The stick doesn't even cover anything about PPL.
>>
>>37946480
I think you should try the routines listed in the sticky before going off the advice of your buddies and random anons.
>>
>>37946623

Yeah I'm actually modifying my routing with the majority of that now while I try to find a PPL routine.
>>
Okay, so push pull seems pretty awesome. I got a thread off BB.com and got this:

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I'm thinking of:

M: Push
T: Pull
W: Leg
Th: Off
Fri: Push
Sat: Pull
Sun: Off

That means I only get 1 leg day a week, however.
>>
>>37945800

First thing I notice is you are eating a fuckton more than you need. You are literally putting calories in to burn them off.

Your body can only use 0.9-1.6g/kg bodyweight of protein PER DAY. That is a FACT.

Otherwise you are just converting to fat, and/or shitting it out. Under your so called "diet" all you are doing is bulking while lifting. Enjoy the bloat.

Bar none though, the guys in worse shape I know eat whatever their wife/girlfriend cooks...
>>
>>37947205

Hmm, so just too many calories? Too much protein?

I havn't had any bloating issues or anyhting so far, but again, it's only week 2.

So, using this past week as an example, should I had cut out the cereal/oatmeal and for lunch cut out the potato?

My wifes been cooking better for me. Regardless, I still eat what she cooks in moderation because your statement is pretty true.

I was having difficulty deciding on the diet I should take. I'm trying to build muscle, but lose fat, and I was sitting there thinking "Well shit should I be burning more than I use or eat more to help with muscle development." I kinda went to the middle of that.
>>
>>37947342
It's honestly a lot to expect for other people to calculate the calories, carbs, and fats of your diet. You might get better answers if you enter your diet on something like myfitnesspal and take a screenshot.
>>
>>37947342
What the below anon said, get one of those mobile fitness diet trackers. For your own benefit mainly because you may find the actual macros differ a lot from what you had expected they were and it keeps you honest about what you're consuming.

PPL or Stronglifts (easy Google/app for your phone to track progress) are probably the best ways to get back into it after so long off. To get your second leg day into the PPLx plan you have just repeat on an 8 day cycle instead of weekly. Same shit, a week is an arbitrary amount of days
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.