[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is eating steak and broccoli everyday worse then chicken and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
Is eating steak and broccoli everyday worse then chicken and broccoli?

I'm still at a coloric deficit.
>>
>>37942794
>I'm still at a coloric deficit.

Variety will help brighten up your life
>>
IIFYM
>>
If you're hitting calorie and macro goals no. I eat a lot of chicken for lunches because it reheats well but imo steak and pork doesn't so I eat those for dinner a lot when I can cook fresh.
>>
>>37942794
Steak is red meat and eating alot of it will therefor lead to higher risk of heart disease
Personally I eat chicken 3 days a week, salmon 3 days a week and red meat once a week

>>37942810
kill yourself
>>
>>37942794
>coloric deficit
you mean colonic deficit?
>>
if anything, it's better.

>tastier
>more micronutrients

don't believe the heart disease bullshit.
>>
>>37942894
This.

Fats are just as important as proteins for gains.
Sat fats and cholesterol are good for hormone function
>>
>>37942868
Prove there is a single detriment to eating red meat that is not negated by increasing fiber intake
>>
>>37942894
>>37942979
these

as long as you're doing cardio regularly, you'll be fine
>>
>>37942979

Broscience. Stop trying to kill people.
>>
>>37942894
The heart disease thing is probably a meme. The colon cancer thing is probably very real.

Red meat in moderation brehs.
>>
>>37943017

>The heart disease thing is probably a meme

The heart disease thing is even more supported than the colon cancer thing.
>>
>>37942995
>the time cube explains everything prove me wrong ecks dee

Burden of proof is on you to demonstrate all negative effects are magically counteracted with fiber, troll.
>>
>>37943029
>>37942995

Couldn't you also say that the positive effects of fiber are canceled out by the red meat?
>>
File: 2.png (15 KB, 97x99) Image search: [Google]
2.png
15 KB, 97x99
>>37943055
>positive effects of fiber

keep taking those blue pills
>>
>>37943021
I thought that was the fatty parts rather than the lean meat.
>>
>>37943085

Even lean red meat tends to be somewhat high in sat. fat but there's also evidence of other things in red meat that increase heart disease risk

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/red-meat-heart-disease-link-involves-gut-microbes
>>
>>37943237
didn't realise that, thanks familiaris
>>
>>37942831
kys
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.