[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any evidence that a very obese, very untrained person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is there any evidence that a very obese, very untrained person could undergo some minor noob gains if they lift while on a deficit
>>
>>37939995
Yes and they don't even need to be "very" obese.

As a beginner you'll make gains doing anything.
>>
>>37939995
Yes.
Check out peeling back a layer episode 2 and 3
>>
>>37940004
Where does the energy to build that muscle come from if you're on a deficit though?
>>
>>37939995
Tons of evidence
>>
>>37940019
From the body fat and your CNS adapting
>>
>>37940019
Adipose tissue, dummy.

You have crazy energy availability.

EATING at a deficit doesnt mean you are EXISTING at a deficit.

Plus, even in a caloric deficit, you have anabolic states of muscle growth and fat retention.

Even in a caloric surplus, you have catabolic states of muscle and fat loss.

>>37940018
>>
>>37940018
>>37940019
>>37940033
>>37940036
>>37940038

I see. Thanks anons.
>>
>>37940004
This. I went from 200 lbs (5'11") to 185 lbs over the first few months of lifting and had some nice strength/appearance gains. I didn't follow a strict program but I focused on compound lifts, ate a modest caloric deficit and squeezed in some cardio every now and then.
>>
>>37940019
As brosciency as it may sound, some of the energy from the fat you're burning will be utilized by your body to build muscle. You'd build a lot more on a surplus, but you can still both get stronger and build some muscle on a cut.
>>
>>37940076
>As brosciency as it may sound

That was really my only problem with it. I figured it myself before reading up, but decided it was way too intuitive -- which tends to point towards broscience.
>>
>>37940065
>I went from 200 lbs (5'11") to 185 lbs over the first few months of lifting and had some nice strength/appearance gains. I didn't follow a strict program but I focused on compound lifts, ate a modest caloric deficit and squeezed in some cardio every now and then

Literally same thing.

How much of a deficit were you running? how many cals approx? I ate a minimal deficit so it took me longer but still made gains.
>>
>>37939995
they'd make newb gains in proportion to the weight they lose.

>lose 10lbs
>put 10 lbs on bar
>PROGRESS
>>
I can personally say from experience, if you are obese, (30%bf) you can make big gains on a deficit, even if you're not a total noob. You need a proper amount of protein to build muscle, but if you are fat enough and lifting weight, your body will go through fat reserves for basic energy.

I did a protein sparing fast and built muscle while losing weight. If you're fat enough you have thousands of calories available. If you don't take sugar, your body will make ketones. If you don't take protein tho you will not gain. I think your brain needs protein and your muscles do too. Plus you have basic needs for tissue repair, etc... If you have no protein or aren't working out, your body will drain your muscles to meet its needs.

I did well on about 1000 to 1200 calories a day at 2500 tdee and over 50lbs overweight. Generally 2x 50g protein shakes, at 450 calories (isoprene and water) + 600-ish calorie meal, often tuna or something, and a big plate of veggies (basically no calories). Ate vitamins with meal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.