[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
swimming general! /r/ing 'starting swimming'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
swimming general!

/r/ing 'starting swimming'
>>
/gay/
>>
there's not much to know about swimming man
>if you're American get some jammers BC speedos are culturally unacceptable for some reason
> take your time to learn the form, start with start with crawl then breast
>you don't actually need butterfly stroke, it's incredibly hard to master unless you have a coach,
> if youre in a chlorinated pool make sure you moisturize your skin and hair cuz it gets dry as fuck
>>
>>37939044
Jammers produce better times for most people. Only breaststrokers and IMers ever used speedos.
>>
>>37938947
Can you achieve that body without swimming
>>
File: 1467840989422.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
1467840989422.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>>37938947
I don't know how to swim and I build pools for a living.
>>
>>37938947
Someone just learning how to swim should pick up doggy paddle, elementary backstroke, and sidestroke. Form isn't too important for these strokes, but being able to move in the water from any position is never a bad thing.

Front crawl is boring as fuck, though. I feel like the people that swim distance freestyle are the same people that go for ten mile jogs.
>>
>>37938947
I don't need to do cardio but cardio is way too fun to pass up

>swimming
>playing sports with friends
>going to raves

also, swimmers always have the broadest shoulders.
>>
I heard that taking a long bath/shower also helps you saturated with moisture so you don't absorb as much chlorine, thereby drying out your skin and hair. Don't know how much truth there is to that but it does the logic is sound.
>>
>>37938947
If you have long hair, soak it with normal water, put some coconut oil or whatever in it, tie it up and put it in a cap. It'll still get in, but it's going to help prevent some damage.

I remember hearing something about how vitamin C or something would help block or remove the pool chems from hair, but I don't have a link.
>>
>>37939179
This seems like a rare Pepe.

Now someone make an Islamic version with a turban, ak 47, and the water as blood
>>
Super good for people with joint issues to cause there's no impacts in the water. Helps get a good tan if you have an outdoor pool too.
>>
Anybody see Phelps get a spot in the next Olympics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2AtP49YB5U

I'm hype. I hope he gets another gold medal or two.
>>
>>37940417
it's not rare at all
>>
>>37938947
>tfw swimmers body is your ideal body
>dont want to pay for a pool
>dont know jack about swimming

weightlifting and cardio can make me look like this right?
>>
>>37943490
Go to the ocean or something.
You don't need to go to the pool to swim.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 435x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 435x768
>mfw speedos culturally unaccepted
>wear them anyway to show off my fit body
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.