[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warm up sets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1467972079686.jpg (77 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1467972079686.jpg
77 KB, 600x801
Does anyone do warm up sets? Gregg Valentino recommend warming up with a very light weight just to get the blood flowing to the muscles. Is this bro-science or worth doing?
t.1 year lifter
>>
nah bro just fucking squat 4 plates cold
>>
File: 1468070464236.jpg (197 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1468070464236.jpg
197 KB, 1200x900
>>37938054
I agree!
>>
File: 1467937782671.jpg (52 KB, 765x570) Image search: [Google]
1467937782671.jpg
52 KB, 765x570
>>37938054
>>37938056
I'm referring to a pre-pyramid set.
IE cable curl a measly 15 pounds to get blood flowing. Not even as part of the workout really just a pre-workout if you will.
>>
Personally I warm up with a single set of super strict body weight exercise for the target muscle(pull up for back/push up for chest/bw squats, shit like that. Then I use one plate increases with only 5 reps until I reach my workout weight. If I'm already warm I'll just warm up using 50% of my exercise weight
>>
>>37938090
Don't warm up for little bullshit accessories. I only warm up for compounds or your going to be lifting forever.
>>
>>37938041
I actually recommend cooldown first. If it's summer or the gym is too warm, I ice down my muscles first. Next step is to load up a lmao4pl8 squat, exhale all air, and squat it AtG for a pause rep.

After you've squatted it out of the whole, go up on your toes to get the calf raise in. Rack it, ice down, and repeat for 20x1.

Next up is lmao12pl8 roundback diddly for 12xF. Make sure to twist at the top of each lock out unless you don't want gainz.

At this point I probably got hot, so will go take an ice bath before loading up my lmao3pl8 posterior bench. Try to get one of the benches that has a hole for your face like a massage table though, otherwise doing the reverse valsalva will be awkward. Once you've unracked the bar, make sure to bring it down to your thoracic spine for a pause rep before doing the explosive portion. Posterior bench is for elite gains. Can't do 'em warm though.
>>
>>37938090
Use GNAR PUMP for a preworkout
>>
>>37938090

>how to kill gains 101

rip atp
>get the blood flowing
are you fucking 60 years old
>>
Absolute bro science that gym noobs fall for. You warm up with your previous workout's max. Then you increase it from there. That way you are getting bigger and stronger. Start with anything less, and you will hit a plateau to
>>
>>37938176
Max+10%

Edit: sorry, I see you're still on SS
>>
Redpill me on resistance bands, real quick. I know they're useless for strength and mass, but are they ok for warm ups and stretching?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.